Hacking Question AutoRCM Brick?

Ethan Pister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Press the power button for a minute with the console directly connected to your laptop until you hear the USB ding.

Also, might your Switch be an IPatched unit?

If so, sell it for parts.

No luck. And no, this was a console bought at first release.
When you go to List All Devices in Zadig, did APX show up there? Did you run TegraRcmGUI as an administrator?

No, Zadig unfortunately does not show APX as a device. TegraRCM still yields the same results when run as an administrator - No Rcm Detected, but I'll make sure I do that from now on.
Have you try to reseat the battery?
That's a potential fix... The console was never dropped or anything, but it's worth a shot. I'll just need to find the right screwdriver.

Last edited by Ethan Pister,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, Zadig unfortunately does not show APX as a device. TegraRCM still yields the same results when run as an administrator - No Rcm Detected, but I'll make sure I do that from now on.

That's a potential fix... The console was never dropped or anything, but it's worth a shot. I'll just need to find the right screwdriver.
Did you run Zadig as an administrator? That's what I meant to ask.

As for reseating the battery, that could allow it to charge again, but it shouldn't be needed. It is worth a try if nothing else works.

Edit: Have you entered Device Manager before plugging in the Switch to your computer? Does it show anything?

Last edited by Lacius,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It is more of a last resort, if the power button trick doesn't get it to power on.

Ethan Pister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you run Zadig as an administrator? That's what I meant to ask.

As for reseating the battery, that could allow it to charge again, but it shouldn't be needed. It is worth a try if nothing else works.

Edit: Have you entered Device Manager before plugging in the Switch to your computer? Does it show anything?
Still no luck with Zadig while running as administrator. Device Manager also doesn't appear to recognize the console. There are no items labeled APX or Switch or Nintendo or anything related.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no luck with Zadig while running as administrator. Device Manager also doesn't appear to recognize the console. There are no items labeled APX or Switch or Nintendo or anything related.
Have you tried it with another USB cable? With another computer?

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just to be totaly sure:

3X8CH6r.png

Not sure what the exact written words are since I am running a german Windows, so I added a picture highlighting which option you should select.
Open the device manager, klick on "view" -> "show hidden devices" and make sure that your Switch is not plugged into your PC.
Check the List for anything Nintendo Switch / APX related and fully uninstall the device.

After you have done that reboot your PC and try to install the drivers again.
Also let your Switch charge for a long time.
If everything fails you can try to remove the Battery from the Switch, wait a few minutes, and then insert it back. This should reset the battery statistics and let the Battery load quicker I think? Anyway, this helped a lot of people when autoRCM (then called BrickMii) was new.

Ethan Pister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried it with another USB cable? With another computer?
You have GOT to be kidding me.
What a relief.

I couldn't explain why, but using a different USB cable triggered the device detected jingle on my computer. The bad cable works just fine with other devices.

Things seem to be working now. Hopefully I can run a payload, and I'll immediately be turning off AutoRCM. Thank you for bearing with my shallow knowledge. I should've tried this in the first place!

Reactions: Lacius

nekkk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I believe this hasn't been asked yet, but when was the last time you successfully booted and played your Switch?

Edit: ok, it seems the problem is solved, bad cable is a common issue.

Last edited by nekkk,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have GOT to be kidding me.
What a relief.

I couldn't explain why, but using a different USB cable triggered the device detected jingle on my computer. The bad cable works just fine with other devices.

Things seem to be working now. Hopefully I can run a payload, and I'll immediately be turning off AutoRCM. Thank you for bearing with my shallow knowledge. I should've tried this in the first place!
AutoRCM is relatively safe, and you probably don't need to uninstall it. Your problem was apparently a bad cable.

With AutoRCM, the system should be kept in sleep mode and docked when not being used.

Ethan Pister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to be totaly sure:

After you have done that reboot your PC and try to install the drivers again.
Also let your Switch charge for a long time.
If everything fails you can try to remove the Battery from the Switch, wait a few minutes, and then insert it back. This should reset the battery statistics and let the Battery load quicker I think? Anyway, this helped a lot of people when autoRCM (then called BrickMii) was new.

AutoRCM is relatively safe, and you probably don't need to uninstall it. Your problem was apparently a bad cable.

With AutoRCM, the system should be kept in sleep mode and docked when not being used.

So although my PC now detects the device, I can't install the drivers, or do anything useful. TegraRCMGUI indicates USB Driver K.O, and trying to install the APX driver as prompted only results in failure. Zadig also cannot install the driver, even while running as administrator. Restarting my PC hasn't helped.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So although my PC now detects the device, I can't install the drivers, or do anything useful. TegraRCMGUI indicates USB Driver K.O, and trying to install the APX driver as prompted only results in failure. Zadig also cannot install the driver, even while running as administrator. Restarting my PC hasn't helped.
Specifically, what does Zadig show you, what steps do you take, and what error do you get?

Ethan Pister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Specifically, what does Zadig show you, what steps do you take, and what error do you get?

1. Run Zadig as administrator
2. Select APX
3. Select libusbK (v3.0.7.0)
4. Install driver
5. Error pops up that simply states "The driver installation failed." The footer of the application now says "Driver installation: FAILED (Other error)"

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Run Zadig as administrator
2. Select APX
3. Select libusbK (v3.0.7.0)
4. Install driver
5. Error pops up that simply states "The driver installation failed." The footer of the application now says "Driver installation: FAILED (Other error)"
What does the Device Manager show?

Ethan Pister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What does the Device Manager show?

Device Manager reads:
This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Trying to update the driver automatically online, or any driver with a manual installation, ends with:
Capture.PNG

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Device Manager reads:
This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Trying to update the driver automatically online, or any driver with a manual installation, ends with:
What do the driver properties look like?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 172073 View attachment 172074
Under Details > Problem Status, I see:

The driver configuration is incomplete for use with this device.
C0000493
  1. Uninstall the device from the driver properties.
  2. Unplug the Switch from the computer.
  3. Reboot the computer.
  4. Plug the Switch into the computer.
  5. Open Zadig as an administrator.
  6. Attempt to install the driver.
What happens?

Ethan Pister

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  1. Uninstall the device from the driver properties.
  2. Unplug the Switch from the computer.
  3. Reboot the computer.
  4. Plug the Switch into the computer.
  5. Open Zadig as an administrator.
  6. Attempt to install the driver.
What happens?

The exact same thing... What could the problem possibly be?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC