Misc Australian Mario Kart League: Ladder, Fixtures, Results!

• Thread starter armand66
  • Start date
  • Views 28,267
  • Replies 256
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know it was bloody confusing especially rainbow road. I think it must randomly pick the class at the beginning. I havent even unloacked mirror mode

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i really need to train some..havent played for to long now and kept doing really really stupid mistakes ;/

A

armand66

OP
Mirror, 100cc, 150cc can ALL be chosen by the server at game start.

I didn't choose Mirror Mode (i'm not stupid, i suck at it lol) and it didn't do so by choice of anyone elses.

The stats for the tourney are updated.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=82484&st=0

@voho, you only needed one race dude, which you won.

Elisa_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Elo said:
sorry..but WTF was that all about ?? all the tracks mirrored??? i kept getting worthless items whatever position i was in?? sorry for the rant,but im bloody pissed bout this..is it just cause ive completed all the classes that I have to race in mirror mode now or what ??
Same. It's fucked up. That's why i COULDN't be bothered. On my special Maple treeway, kept turning left. Retarted.

Elisa_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rhyguy said:
When a random track is picked, i think its automatically mirrored

its worst on peach gardens:(
i almost drove into water:P
Guess what? We played that. And you know at the beginning? The roundabout? I turned left and smacked a dog. G_G

A

armand66

OP
Lisa, we ALL had to put up with copping Mirror. If nothing else, it actually evened out the matches, as no one was better at certain tracks than the other.

Right now, we have a good 8-9 players from the league on the forums, i (armada) have a room open. Come in, lets play some battle mode, have some fun and move on from copping some bad luck by getting mirror, ok guys.

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Hey guys, Great race tonight.

Now I understand that it was mirror which no one likes and yes you prob got handed some shitty items but thats just how this game rolls. Just remember that everyone else is dealing with the same BS :-)

Again. Congrats to everyone that raced tonight and Armand and I will be discussing the next tourny and some serious rule changes to make this process a little smoother.

Remember guys. Make sure you organize your race next week. There will be NO races pre monday 28th or post Sunday 4th

A

armand66

OP
Congratulations go out to Dan, who won the first OFFICIAL GBATEMP AUSSIE MARIO KART TOURNEY.

The games turned out close, sometimes horrific in the style they were played, due to Mirror Cup, but in the end it made for some intense racing overall, with the final race being up for grabs for just about anyone.

Elisa_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
armand66 said:
Lisa, we ALL had to put up with copping Mirror. If nothing else, it actually evened out the matches, as no one was better at certain tracks than the other.

Right now, we have a good 8-9 players from the league on the forums, i (armada) have a room open. Come in, lets play some battle mode, have some fun and move on from copping some bad luck by getting mirror, ok guys.

Good luck then, and Armada, im angry because i cant find how to practise in mirror =]

Muss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RESERVED FOR REPORTING OF MY (MUSS) RACES for the 1v1 LEAGUE.

WEEK 1
ROUND 1
LUIGIS CIRCUIT: Dan Won
DK SNOWBOARD CROSS: Dan Won
GRUMBLE VOLCANO: Dan Won

ROUND 2
GBA SHY GUY BEACH: Muss Won
N64 MARIO RACEWAY: Muss Won
N64 SHERBET LAND: Beatnik Won

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lisa_ said:
armand66 said:

Good luck then, and Armada, im angry because i cant find how to practise in mirror =]

try unlocking mirror 150cc:P

A

armand66

OP
Doesn't work that way rhyguy.

Beatnik got 4, for finishing above Big Chop, who got 3, and ronnieboy got 2 for no place. Had Beatnik and Big Chop raced in the Loser Tier final, their points may have been different.

Now,
A few things......

1. We had some bad luck early tonight, in many areas. For starters, Elo was unable to see Beatnik, who had a room open for GROUP 3. After 10 mins, Beatnik started the match without Elo, while Dan and Big Chop got dced from it. Given it was already starting 15-20 mins late, Dan made a room, upon which Elo was able to join, as was Big Chop and finally, Beatnik.

Dan started the game immediately, but, in my opinion i can understand why, as the game was already 23 mins behind schedule at that point, so Dan, and myself, figured at that point, the game needed to happen, and happen quick. Little did we know, that Beatnik had a business Client on the phone at the time, and so he was a little gimped early on in the races, due to trying to talk and play the game at once.

In any other instance, we expect the Host to ask all racers "READY?" in the room before starting, but in this particular instance, did not see it necessary given the game was already way behind schedule. It was a very rare instance, and something that i wish hadn't happened.

Of course, if you get a phone call mid-game, i'd expect people to likely pick it up, and if this happens in my situation, i'll simply take the loss as it is, on face value. In Beatniks case, it sucks, as i know he's a very good player, and by the time he managed to get off the phone, it was maybe too late to get himself back on track.

Again, this was a rare instance, and i don't expect it to happen too often, what the beauty of voice chat would do for this game......

2. In the Winners Tier final, we were "lucky" in getting a lovely, Mirror Cup. I did not choose Mirror Mode, as you don't have that option in MK friends, it is simply a random thing the server chooses. If you play worldwide/Continental, sometimes you'll get it once or twice in a row, but if you get it in friends, it is a full Mirror GP, and it had a pretty horrific effect. The races were a fairly big mess of items, people jumping off the wrong angles, taking the wrong turns, etc.

It wasn't pretty, especially in 6 player, and the final race was decided, not because of a blue, but because of two players, myself and Elo, jumping off the edge, allowing others to fly through and claim the points. I myself would have "barely" taken first with 34 had i finished 1st before jumping off, and Elo would have snuck into third overall, but, that is the beauty of Mario Kart sometimes, it can be unpredictable, and very, VERY unforgiving.

3. I said it above, but saying it again, Congratulations go out to Dan finishing first in our first tourney. A big thanks to everyone who decided to show up to the matches, and who put the effort in to have a go, regardless of how things went. The NINTENDO WFC makes communication, when things go right, or wrong, very difficult, and i applaud you guys for taking the time to read these forums, and turn up to matches that you did.

At one point tonight, i was messaging 6 different people, receiving messages left, right and center and simply could not keep up with all the problems that were occuring, and also trying to update the stats at the same time.

The reason the main league is 1v1, is exactly due to what happened tonight at times. Organizing more than 2 players to turn up to a time, ends up making thing's rather difficult, as it only takes one, or two people out of a large group to throw the whole thing out of whack. 1v1, alleviates that problem.

4. You are officially able to play your league matches as of tomorrow, for the FIRST WEEK's rounds. Please, try and contact your opponents now, organize when you can play them, so that matches can flow as smoothly as possible. Some people can only play on weekends, some only weeknights, but i am sure there is a time everyone can agree upon, the game's only take 15 minutes for a GP, and the league only needs you to race the first 3 races, although they must be STRICTLY the courses designated by the league.

I will update all stats this week, as well as the league ladder, upon receiving them from both opponents for a game. If you can't play your games till later in the week, that's fine, as long as they are played by Sunday night.

5. Myself, as well as Vertabray, are contactable, to resolve any disputes, or to report scores, or to let us know times have been decided in regards to the league, and tournaments. The next tournament, will begin in the 2nd week of the 1v1 league, the week of the 5th May.

Due to the "fun" teething issues we experienced this weekend, despite being fairly organized going into it, we're going to spread the next tourney out over 2 weeks.

It will be a 2v2 tourney. Now, Nintendo don't allow us to choose teams in TEAM GP, which sucks, so for this team tourney, consider it a RANDOM TEAM TOURNEY. Players will be split into groups of 4. Whatever team you end up in, your in, only for that GP. Obviously, when you move up to the next tier, you might be in a different team, and be against your old teammate.

I'm hoping for this tourney to be 16 players, whether you are in, or out of the league. Further details will be provided over the coming week.

Good luck with your games this week guys and girls, hopefully you all have some good, fun races.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
RESERVED FOR REPORTING OF MY (ELO) RACES for the 1v1 LEAGUE.

WEEK 1
ROUND thursday 8pm NZ time
LUIGIS CIRCUIT: Elo 0 vs Jerome 1
DK SNOWBOARD CROSS: Elo 0 vs Jerome 2 (like WTF)
GRUMBLE VOLCANO: Elo 0 vs Jerome 3(very very bad play)

ROUND 2 Tueday 8pm NZ time (6 pm AEST)
GBA SHY GUY BEACH: Elo 0 vs. Armada 1(lol,i won on my system..but then apparently not
tongue.gif
)
N64 MARIO RACEWAY: Elo 1 vs. Armada 01
N64 SHERBET LAND: Elo 1 vs. Armada 2 (grrr)
tongue.gif

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Well said Armand.

Please please please organise you matches now and don't leave it until the last minute
laugh.gif

Races after 12am Monday 5th will be forfeit.

Good luck to all this week, I hope you don't get Mirrored
hate2.gif

!!Watch out for those blues!!

A

armand66

OP

--------------------------------OFFICIAL GBATEMP AUSSIE MARIO KART TOURNEY #2--------------------------------------

2 v 2 RANDOM TEAM GP TOURNAMENT
Knockout Style Format
16 Players
Minimum Points: 6. Maximum Points: 15

For tournament 2 guys, we're going to try something a little....different. It will be a 2v2 tourney, and will run its course over 1 week. Players will be placed into groups of 4, and will play in TEAM GPs, with course choices RANDOM.

The winning TEAM, will move onto the next stage. The losing teams in the GROUP STAGE will each gain 6 points per player.

In the next stage, the 8 remaining players will be split into 2 groups. The two winning teams move onto the FINAL, the two losing teams will each gain 9 points per player.

In the final, the winning team will each gain 15 points per player. The losing team will gain 12 points per player.

Now, this may mean, that due to Nintendos decision to make TEAM GP's random teams, you may end up facing off against your ex-teammate in the next match, or you may not. That's how the game works, which is annoying, but it's the best we can do with what we have to work with.

I would love to get ALL league members into this tournament, but if not, will be happy to take any aussie or new zealander that is on the friends listing.

TOURNEY-2.gif
The GROUP STAGE matches will be played over the course of next week. GROUP 1 will play Monday Night, GROUP 2 tuesday night, GROUP 3 wednesday night, GROUP 4 thursday night. Sign up to what night suits you best. Once we have a group signed up, the group scorekeeper will need to work out the best appropriate time that all 4 members can play.

Once the GROUP STAGE is over, i will work out the day, and times for the next 3 matches. Most likely, Friday Night for Match E, Saturday Night for Match F, and Sunday Night for the FINAL.

Now let's get some people signed up to this, you guarantee yourself a minimum 6 points even if you don't make it past the opening round, and you might end up having some very fun team matches overall.

We will be rotating tournaments from this point in. Tournament 3 will be a Solo GP, Tournament 4 a team one and so on.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat