Australian 5.3.2e error: disc cannot be read

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by superarts, Oct 11, 2015.

1. superarts
    OP

superarts Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2015
    Hi guys, I got my 5.3.2e wii U console. When I tried to run some backup games I kept getting "disc cannot be read" issue. I assume it might be a region related problem, for example in Super Mario 3D World, in the LocalizedData folder I got items like:

EuDe, EuEn, EuEs...

I thought it would be OK for Australian Wii U to load EU games, but could it be that some sort of AuEn directory is needed? Or I'm on the wrong track and it's caused by something else? Cheers.

2. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    it should work fine, have you installed the extracted files correctly on the SD card?

3. superarts
    OP

superarts Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2015
    I followed the loadiine guild and the game list appears correctly, but after I launched Smash Bro I got a black screen with a "the disc could not be read" error. I also tried with deleting the Super Smash Bro save files but no luck. However, I guess there's no way for me to really make sure that the game data are copied to the SD card correctly.

4. NintendU_the_great
    This message by NintendU_the_great has been removed from public view by Minox, Oct 11, 2015, Reason: Piracy request.
    Oct 11, 2015
  5. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    -snip-
    You can't ask for sites

6. typ0

typ0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2014
    AU is just PAL/EU region anyway so that shouldn't make any difference being an AU Wii U.

7. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    I know this isn't helpful, but there's something you could do to help me. If your vWii is softmodded, could you please run the app in this?

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Connect to the loadiine server and you can see where the game halts to see if.it's.trying to load files you don't.have in your folder

Last edited by gamesquest1, Oct 11, 2015