Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also quite rusty. I'm running FW 11.0.0 Atmosphere 1.2.4) currently, trying to run ChoiDujourNX to upgrade to the latest version, but it's crashing when I'm trying to launch it.

I downloaded the latest ChoiDujourNX, the latest Atmosphere release, copied them over, also replaced the new fusee.bin and wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Don't use CHOIDUJOURNX use daybreak instead

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
or download AIO Updater ;) you can update everything without connecting your switch to PC ;)
Not to bad mouth the program, but I've never had good luck with the AIO updater. I use it to download new FW, but updating AMS usually leads to an error for me.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Hayato213

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thanks for the replies. I managed to run ChoiDujour and update through SXOS, but now I won't launch into the CFW anymore.

Should I try reinstalling through Daybreak?

EDIT: Found the issue. Installed non-exFAT to a exFAT SD Card.

Any way to get this resolved without formatting my SD card again?

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ChiDujour is NOT FOR SXOS, is for Atmosphére, as far I know SXOS only works on older FW, your should try to boot atmosphére for be able to boot the new FW
I used to update with ChoiDujour in the past and run SXOS after, because it had a feature that Atsmosphere did not. I believe XCI loading or external hard drive support. One of the two, or both.

But your comment reminded me why it obviously did not work, I would have had to update SXOS as well. Did some reading and found out that TX has been busted and is no longer updating SXOS, which is a bummer.

Since I'm now softbricked (can't get into either SXOS or Atmosphere), is there any other way to get this repaired or is reformatting my SD card the only option?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you can follow the guide here on gbatemp on how to convert sxos emunand to atmosphére, then if you like create a copy and downgrade to 10.0.1 and convert that to sxos back, you can enable too dualboot.

eventually you will move from SXOS to Atmophére and loose nothing.

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
No doubt, the switch to Atmosphere is inevitable.

The only reason I kept using SXOS was due to some features it had that Atmosphere did not have at the time. I don't know if Atmosphere since got these features.

About my unbricking, the only thing I can do is load payloads through the SX dongle, I cannot boot into any firmware due to the from firmware format being installed.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you can read several posts here on gbatemp about migrate the SX dongle to a payload what can boot any bootloader, hekate, fusee, sxos, etc. and then you can load any CWF you like, the only feature of SXOS you will miss is the load of XCI files without installing, but that really you will not miss, since installing is more space aware and really ¿do you play hundreds of games at time?

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No doubt, the switch to Atmosphere is inevitable.

The only reason I kept using SXOS was due to some features it had that Atmosphere did not have at the time. I don't know if Atmosphere since got these features.

About my unbricking, the only thing I can do is load payloads through the SX dongle, I cannot boot into any firmware due to the from firmware format being installed.
If you have another SD card, you could try to format that to FAT32 and then boot atmosphere through that. If I recall correctly, ChoiDujourNX let you install the exFAT driver if you had the firmware files, perhaps Daybreak let's you do the same

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If you have another SD card, you could try to format that to FAT32 and then boot atmosphere through that. If I recall correctly, ChoiDujourNX let you install the exFAT driver if you had the firmware files, perhaps Daybreak let's you do the same

I'm trying that as we speak. Found a spare SD card that I am now trying to get Atmosphere to run on. Had a few issues with missing some files, but I should get it to run now after the files are done copying.

As for the game I play, I mainly use my Switch as party device for party and local multiplayer games, with the exception of some games I play by myself, so yes, I like to have a large library on hand with an external hard drive.

Serah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, i wanted to update atmosphere but im currently using fusee primary, but now fusee primary is not available, so am i just going to replace fusee primary with fusee bin?? Because i use fusee primary to run my games, im kinda worry that it will effect my games

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i wanted to update atmosphere but im currently using fusee primary, but now fusee primary is not available, so am i just going to replace fusee primary with fusee bin?? Because i use fusee primary to run my games, im kinda worry that it will effect my games
Quoted straight from the release notes on the GitHub page:
Please Note: various components were renamed (fusee-primary.bin -> fusee.bin, fusee-secondary.bin -> package3).

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night