Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

cramhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"If you're into Switch RE, you may want to consider picking up a copy of Bloons TD 5. :)"
For Atmosphere do I need to DL game from the eShop? (like the Wii U exploit)
I'm on stock 4.1. Never taken my switch online is eShop OK on 4.1?

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"If you're into Switch RE, you may want to consider picking up a copy of Bloons TD 5. :)"
For Atmosphere do I need to DL game from the eShop? (like the Wii U exploit)
I'm on stock 4.1. Never taken my switch online is eShop OK on 4.1?
No no no, this isn't about any exploits or hacking the Switch. It's just that the game has an unstripped binary, making it very much easier to reverse engineer it in IDA Pro. This is only interesting for people who are interested in game hacking and want to learn about how Switch games are programmed :)

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that there is a emulator that already do that but developers say its dangeorus because you can fry your switch
We're already seeing some complaints about docked mode causing heat-based cracks in some switches, so I should hope we aren't trying to make it any warmer.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
docked mode causing heat-based cracks in some switches
There was a case of this when the switch first came out, during the bendgate months. What ever happened with that? I sent my bent dock in and received the exact one back, my switch hasn't been scored by it. Is anyone even concerned about this anymore? Where are all the bent/scratched switches, if this was such a big problem?? I'm pretty sure it all has to do with environment/handling more than sub-standard/failing parts. You just have to watch the official support forums to understand this.

Everyone tends to focus on the 1 or 2 events out of 10,000 and then blow it out of proportion which then snowballs across the web, mostly due to ignorance.

sprockits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you follow the discord they had it fully booting start to finish. They're just squishing final bugs and cleaning things up. It's not really an issue is it. Let's see what the coming week brings but yeah - happy days. Nearly there. The super donor of all other CFWs will finally see its own framework bare fruit.
Where's the discord? Public or no?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're waiting for reswitched's release of Atmosphere to implement emunand yourself?
You're being a little bit delusional if you think someone is releasing it any time soon.

To everyone waiting for the "OFFICIAL" release, it won't change much from what we have now. Are you aware the gmail stayed in beta for almost a decade?
I don't care if it stay in beta until switch dies... In fact I would even test a nightly build if some trusted community ever does it, I wouldn't mind testing a new build every few days.

As long as it's loading from mSD I don't care for its status beta, alpha or whatever just like I don't mind buying alpha games.

Also all CFW even TX OS is kinda a beta or else they would barely need to update it, however they are also founding game X doesn't work, crash X is happening, function X needs improving, their full feature list is not complete = BETA...
You appear to be misinformed about both those things (easy enough considering the forum is full of bad information). Neither AutoRCM or a Trinket will drain the battery any more than usual as long as the Switch is powered off properly. Every instance of battery drain stems from people who don't know that the Switch boots back to RCM after a normal shutdown, or from people who didn't do the Trinket install that turns it off whenever the Switch is off.

Not saying you should use either of those methods, but lets not propagate bad information.
I wasn't even talking about Auto-RCM as I know there is a known way to actually turn off console properly...

I was talking about having the chip soldered inside and on a few threads everyone told me they still eat some power when OFF and I think one user might be even one of the ones who designed the chip as I can't even remember.

I remember someone telling it will probably last 1 month until it depletes the switch battery.

Now if it's real or not I don't know, but anyway without a physical button to actually turn the chip OFF I won't solder one even if it uses only 0.1W I want ON\OFF not just deep sleeping to low power...

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...