Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Thetoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. I have a switch on 3.00fw that has never been used with an sd card. Would it be possible to make an emunand on a 32gb sd card, update to the latest fw, change sd cards (to a larger one) and then get the sd card update? And then make a new emunand on this larger sd card?
I don't understand anything of what do you want but there is no emunand yet.
You can do the exfat update without updating.

Reactions: tottti1914

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, Im curious about the current development stage of Atmosphere?
What is missing for a public release?

I know that there is a GitHub page of atmosphere, but I can't interpret it.

shinyrocara98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

A Lot. In current state there is missing a Lot. Will take Till October or even later for a full Public release i think. But im not sure idk how many people working on it and how fast they are.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: fenomeno0chris

DrSeedling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compiled and ran the latest Atmosphere CFW build on my 5.1.0 switch. used emmc package2. booted fine. i turned it off and now its black screening / won't turn back on. how fucked am i?

DrSeedling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compiled and ran the latest Atmosphere CFW build on my 5.1.0 switch. used emmc package2. booted fine. i turned it off and now its black screening / won't turn back on. how fucked am i?
Update; I do have a dump of my NAND so that may prove helpful. Thoughts on my level of irrecoverably?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Signature patches are arguably the main thing missing.

Doesn't the latest hekate support nand restore?
Yes, but one should wait for CTCaer mod v3.1.

DrSeedling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly did you do before the problem, and how are you trying to enter RCM?
I placed the bin files I compiled from the current atmosphere GitHub onto my SD root. I ran it with the fusee_primary payload. It put out a bunch code on my screen then said I need a package2. I recompiled with the #Define I_KNOW_WHAT_IM_DOING_2. I replaced the SD card and pressed A to reboot my switch. It rebooted and went through a wall of code for a few minutes then booted up. I turned it off to place more homebrew on my SD card and upon replacing it and attempting to enter rcm mode with a homemade jig ( that works for me every time ) and NxLoader on my phone (I also frequently use) I realized it wasn't going into the menu so I tried to just power it up normally. Still a black screen. I knew I could force reset by holding the power button for 12-15 sec so I did and it still didn't turn on

Last edited by DrSeedling,

DrSeedling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I placed the bin files I compiled from the current atmosphere GitHub onto my SD root. I ran it with the fusee_primary payload. It put out a bunch code on my screen then said I need a package2. I recompiled with the #Define I_KNOW_WHAT_IM_DOING_2. I replaced the SD card and pressed A to reboot my switch. It rebooted and went through a wall of code for a few minutes then booted up. I turned it off to place more homebrew on my SD card and upon replacing it and attempting to enter rcm mode with a homemade jig ( that works for me every time ) and NxLoader on my phone (I also frequently use) I realized it wasn't going into the menu so I tried to just power it up normally. Still a black screen. I knew I could force reset by holding the power button for 12-15 sec so I did and it still didn't turn on
Update; I've just gotten home from work and plugged my switch in. it restarted successfully

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow