Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you need to take an advertising class... Being first at advertising your product is ALWAYS best. And what's more, it's better to release your product/service before your competition—even if your product is not superior, or is subpar, to your competition's product. Innovative users expect bugs, and they will work through them with the product/service. Getting it "in the hands" of your customers/users will promote itself. People hate all over TX, and they screwed up MANY things about their product. But guess what... Those same people are using the product. And some of the ReSwitched team is actually RE'ing the TX product. I guess that means they purchased it too, right?
Gateway says hi. Is advertising good? Yes. Is advertising necessary? No. Proof:
Plus, I'm not sure why you think advertisement is needed for a CFW or homebrew. B9S just popped up out of nowhere while everyone was waiting for SigHax. B9S was never advertised and look how popular it became.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: BL4Z3D247

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was towards debugging a synchronization problem with PM. If you had read any of the commentary in the channel where I talk about Atmosphere dev or in Yuzu's server you'd know that my SystemEvent implementation has accuracy issues -- my intent was to reimplement the relevant SVCs for yuzu, and thereby gain a better understanding of their quirks (and better understand where my Event implementation goes wrong).
Thanks, though.

Nah... After the stories I've heard about how people are treated in your Discord channel, I have no intent on joining in. Thanks, though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Gateway says hi. Is advertising good? Yes. Is advertising necessary? No. Proof:
Gateway?

Last edited by TiMeBoMb4u2,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway was the first community available hack for the 3DS (apart from Crown 3DS which was more of a meme) in 2014. It was a flashcart that only worked for firmwares 4.1 to 4.5 and advertised only one thing at launch: backup loading. Now eventually it supported other things such as cart dumping, cheats, and EmuNAND but fast forward to 2016 when another CFW by the name of Luma pretty much killed Gateway. On their website (gateway-3ds.com), the last actual support they provided was in 2016 with an empty announcement in 2017. Luma was first installed via A9LH which then was replaced by B9S, both of which were community solutions and B9S literally dropped on the Internet one day without any advertising prior. Some people speculate that support for Gateway moved to Stargate which was a clone, but a somewhat superior one.

Now the situation with TX is different in many ways. Atmosphere is the Luma in this situation but is being released 2 years earlier than when Luma came out in comparison to Gateway. Not to mention that TX has a better and longstanding reputation so support will most likely not easily be killed. But being first through advertising is not the best determinant for what hack is the best and garners continuous support. Also, while somewhat related, TX has already been shown to have used code from Atmosphere via the easter egg text in SX OS so at the very least, SX OS was not made by TX alone.

mastermx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a feeling that TX OS was rushed, to the detriment of all the users getting banned. I feel this will be less of an issue on atmosphere.

whoIsAndrej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have a feeling that TX OS was rushed, to the detriment of all the users getting banned. I feel this will be less of an issue on atmosphere.

Yes, it was. Fusee Gelee was set to release on 15th June. TX had fear, that Atmosphere would also release at about that time. So they started preorders, to get the money before something else was released.

Atmosphere is in part taking so long, because it will feature Emunand, and other features, that TX doesn't care about, because their only goal was to release as soon as possible, and grab the cash. The only reason they released updates to SX OS at all, is because there is no other CFW yet. They saw, that they could try to convince some more people to buy their CFW, by pretending to care. You can be sure, that if Atmopsphere would have been released on 15th June, SX OS wouldn't even have 2 updates in it's lifetime.

0x64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, it was. Fusee Gelee was set to release on 15th June. TX had fear, that Atmosphere would also release at about that time. So they started preorders, to get the money before something else was released.

Atmosphere is in part taking so long, because it will feature Emunand, and other features, that TX doesn't care about, because their only goal was to release as soon as possible, and grab the cash. The only reason they released updates to SX OS at all, is because there is no other CFW yet. They saw, that they could try to convince some more people to buy their CFW, by pretending to care. You can be sure, that if Atmopsphere would have been released on 15th June, SX OS wouldn't even have 2 updates in it's lifetime.
Sucks that the only real alternative is Atmosphere and it is taking soooo long so TX gets the chance to cash grab:whip:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they develop emunand and I use it, and then for x reason nintendo ban it, could I play with my sysnad?
EmuNAND is a copy of your SysNAND meaning it will create a copy of your console's certificate. However, Nintendo bans people by banning this certificate from online services so EmuNAND will NEVER unban you like that.

Reactions: Neutral0

tnecniv43208

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sucks that the only real alternative is Atmosphere and it is taking soooo long so TX gets the chance to cash grab:whip:
Well when TX's code is basically old build of nx-hbmenu, loader of atmosphere and their own way of implementing backup loader, then can spend all the time developing the backup loader and let the community do all the work for them and steal it, ofc they will be faster than atmosphere

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone reputable wants to be a guinea pig, let me know. I'll give you the link to the file, and you can test it. Until then, it seems risky and don't want to see anyone getting a computer virus or Switch malware.
I'm not exactly interested in the file but can you explain the context since the post is removed?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.walmart.com/ip/5193222892 lol on pro