Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
When exactly does the switch crash, I still have prodinfo blanking enabled from exosphere on 17 and havent had a crash yet?
It seems when the server try to get info, it crashes. So if you block the Nintendo server(s) via DNS or just not going online. You won't get the crash. But if you don't block them, crash.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems when the server try to get info, it crashes. So if you block the Nintendo server(s) via DNS or just not going online. You won't get the crash. But if you don't block them, crash.
This is the case. It initially crashed on me, but after a reboot its now not crashing with prodinfo blanking

Attachments

• 20231028_103552.jpg
    20231028_103552.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20231028_103601.jpg
    20231028_103601.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20231028_103612.jpg
    20231028_103612.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 20

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i can boot into 17.0 just fine but i cant run any games, even though 1.6.2 indicates i should be able to? i can use homebrew just fine and even updated sigpatches and i have nothing.
are you sure you are using the latest sigpatches?

and for some games installed from XCI using bad installers (like tinfoil) which messed up with the distributable bit you will have trouble.

If you are sure you have updated Sigpatches to latest then reinstall the games using most recent DBI or TinWoo, you need the most recent versions.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
are you sure you are using the latest sigpatches?

and for some games installed from XCI using bad installers (like tinfoil) which messed up with the distributable bit you will have trouble.

If you are sure you have updated Sigpatches to latest then reinstall the games using most recent DBI or TinWoo, you need the most recent versions.
Ironically Tinfoil won't allow you to install bad versions unless you do the konami code.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Was the crash from enabling prodinfo blanking looked into/fixed?

The crash does not happen until a connection to nintendo has been established and the switch is actually trying to read your blanked cert, so if you use dns-mitm as you should, it doesn't crash, because it never manages to establish a connection in the first place. The blanking then works as an extra protection layer in case the dns mitm fails for whatever reason. Crashing is much better than sending your cert to nintendo. So I think it's fine the way it is. All the people saying "it works fine for me" are using dns-mitm as well.

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The crash does not happen until a connection to nintendo has been established and the switch is actually trying to read your blanked cert, so if you use dns-mitm as you should, it doesn't crash, because it never manages to establish a connection in the first place. The blanking then works as an extra protection layer in case the dns mitm fails for whatever reason. Crashing is much better than sending your cert to nintendo. So I think it's fine the way it is. All the people saying "it works fine for me" are using dns-mitm as well.
noob here - it's been ages since I set up my emunand and I think I blanked my serial. how would I know if I'm using dns-mitm? 😶 or does it not matter since my emu-partition is completely offline, and my Switch won't try to connect to Nintendo?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just realized there we be a ton of these threads once games that require 17 comes out and people that used incognito or incognito_rcm and forgotten/deleted/removed their backed up files and therefore cannot restore it. Thank god it's just to block the Nintendo servers.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have both hosts and prod info blanking, I set it up as single player only on the emunand and legit on sysnand so I dont see any issues then and it wont crash since it cant see the nintendo servers... seems like a non issue to me.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have both hosts and prod info blanking, I set it up as single player only on the emunand and legit on sysnand so I dont see any issues then and it wont crash since it cant see the nintendo servers... seems like a non issue to me.

Based on what SciresM said, if you blank the prod info and turn wifi on then it would crash.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How does one undo the blank prod info if we did it with Atmosphere?
I know it's in one of the ini files but can't remember what should be done to undo it.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
How does one undo the blank prod info if we did it with Atmosphere?
I know it's in one of the ini files but can't remember what should be done to undo it.
if yuou only didi with atmosphère, put 0 on

[exosphere]
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1

Options on the SDMC:/exosphere.ini file?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-firmware-version-17-0-0-released.641062/post-10277783

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/2215

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/2208

carlitos2200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I have a V1 Switch. If I update the firmware to 17 can I still boot with Hekate to my cfw whic is still at 16 and not be buggy or crash when playing games?
Edit: It's been a while since i've read up on Switch cfw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0