Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's OK. That was an easy way for you to get out of it, and I understand. It's very clear because my initial reply to you was nice and not attacking you in any way, and then you suddenly become defensive. Like I said, I don't want to start anything, I was just trying to help because I thought you thought "SD" stood for "SanDisk", which is not correct.

Not trying to get out of anything. I`m looking in my "f*ck" drawer and sadly I have none left to give.

We done? Good.

Have a pleasant evening.

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You can join the ReSwitched discord from this link, it's the first thing that pops up when you Google "reswitched discord":
https://discordapp.com/invite/DThbZ7z

Read the rules (COMPLETELY) or you will get banned before getting access. There are two things you have to post that are hidden in the rules. Also don't talk about backups/loaders, that's an instaban.

Reactions: Red1Reaper

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I get what you're saying. The reason some users may prefer EmuNAND is because it preserves SysNAND's firmware. If we update SysNAND, then we have to worry about fuses and the like. I think you're wording is throwing off MHDestination.
Fuse checks will still occur in emuNAND, if the way of loading it doesn't patch it. EmuNAND doesn't have anything to do with stopping fuse checks. Exactly the same thing would happen with an updated sysNAND as updated emuNAND.

Reactions: wicksand420

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can join the ReSwitched discord from this link, it's the first thing that pops up when you Google "reswitched discord":
https://discordapp.com/invite/DThbZ7z

Read the rules (COMPLETELY) or you will get banned before getting access. There are two things you have to post that are hidden in the rules. Also don't talk about backups/loaders, that's an instaban.
Majority of idiots here will get banned because they don't read
I mean looks at the shit show of duplicate threads here

MatMaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not trying to get out of anything. I`m looking in my "f*ck" drawer and sadly I have none left to give.

We done? Good.

Have a pleasant evening.

It's so, so obvious that you were wrong and tried to hide it by how defensive and hostile your replies are when I've been nothing but pleasant the whole time. It's something so small to admit, too, and yet you struggle so much with doing it. Type another edgy, predictable reply, go on :)

Reactions: coolsimon282

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuse checks will still occur in emuNAND, if the way of loading it doesn't patch it. EmuNAND doesn't have anything to do with stopping fuse checks. Exactly the same thing would happen with an updated sysNAND as updated emuNAND.
I know but I'd imagine we would choose to boot into EmuNAND or SysNAND from the Fusee launcher which is already bypassing the fuse checks. But to add on, updating EmuNAND theoretically should not burn anymore fuses correct?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I know but I'd imagine we would choose to boot into EmuNAND or SysNAND from the Fusee launcher which is already bypassing the fuse checks. But to add on, updating EmuNAND theoretically should not burn anymore fuses correct?
Yes updating emuNAND would still burn fuses, if that wasn't patched.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then this would mean we would only be able to update the EmuNAND without burning fuses by running the CFW simultaneously. Surely, the CFW has a way to prevent fuses from being burnt when a system update is installed.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes updating emuNAND would still burn fuses, if that wasn't patched.
Skipping the fuse checks was one of the first things they did. Booting Atmosphere in in either sysNAND or emuNAND will both skip fuse checks (allowing you to boot an older OS) and prevent fuses from burning when updating.

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skipping the fuse checks was one of the first things they did. Booting Atmosphere in in either sysNAND or emuNAND will both skip fuse checks (allowing you to boot an older OS) and prevent fuses from burning when updating.
you are correct, scire said it himself when being asked "why not just make atmosphere for the latest firmware and force people to update" in which he responded "beecause not everyone is going to want to boot to latest firmware, i want everyone to be able to use it on whatever firmware they want" (which of course is more work but its whatever he wants to do)

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Afaik the fuses get burned with the system restart after updating. Since we coldboot sysnand we should be fine

That's correct!
The bootloader chacks & burns the fuses.

Updating emuNAND alone won't burn fuses.

As example:

-> Your sysNAND needs 10 burnt fuses

-> you create a emuNAND as copy of that sysNAND (now needs 10 fuses too)

-> afterwards you update emuNAND to a version which would need 15 burnt fuses.

-> reboot

-> the bootloader checks if the sysNAND (10) and burnt fuses (10) match

-> bootloader boots sysNAND

Last edited by MHDestination,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's so, so obvious that you were wrong and tried to hide it by how defensive and hostile your replies are when I've been nothing but pleasant the whole time. It's something so small to admit, too, and yet you struggle so much with doing it. Type another edgy, predictable reply, go on :)

Who cares? Come on mate, move on.

Reactions: Red1Reaper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-