Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Waze0613, Feb 17, 2018.

1. kazuki_chan8

kazuki_chan8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2019
    Malaysia
    Yes..How to fix it?

2. bird333

bird333 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    FYI. 0.9.3 on firmware 4.1 crashes when you try to go to the homebrew menu through holding R on a video game. This is on emunand. I haven't tried it on sysnand.

3. Sekiro

Sekiro Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2019
    United States
    How likely there wont be a CFW for the new NS v2 console or a way to even JB the device (since its mostly likely iPatched and updated to lates FW)?

4. jmrodrigues

jmrodrigues GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2016
    Portugal
    I'd say you have a 1% probability for a hack this year, 10% next year. If you're looking to mod the console, just sell it and get one on ebay.

5. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Almost 0%. They aren’t using ipatches to fix those bugs, they use a new bootrom and the bug fixes are just included with that. They’re shipping with firmwares 7.0.x, 8.0.x and 8.1.0. If you have one on 7.0.x or 8.0.x you might get basic homebrew support in the future, but definitely no CFW

PHiLiPZ and Lacius like this.
  6. Walo

Walo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hello, I haven’t followed custom firmware development at all but I was thinking of buying a second Switch with CFW and I had a few questions.

First, I came across a cheap unit that only includes the actual switch unit, like only the screen part, not the dock or any other part. I’d be able to try it out and see if it’s working properly. Is there any scam or anything I should be worried about? How can I check that it’s not banned and that it’s all proper? It has atmosphere on it.

Besides that, what are the main advantages of the CFW? How’s the emulation scene? Does it play 64, PlayStation or even GameCube? Probably not...

Any other cool things you can’t normally do? Save back ups I imagine.

I was pretty happy with 3DS CFW and I’m curious if a switch is worth it. How future proof is it. I realize there’s no certainties but so far you’ve been able to keep up to date with the firmware once jailbroken right?

Last edited by Walo, Sep 5, 2019
  7. PHiLiPZ

PHiLiPZ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2019
    Slovakia
    Maybe put your question in a separate thread. This one is only about Atmosphere.

Walo likes this.
  8. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Would be plenty happy with Retroarch TBH. Too bad the Lite is probably shipping with 9.0 or something.

ZachyCatGames likes this.
  9. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Same, emummc would be nice to have though. They’re probably shipping with some variation of 8.1.0, which isn’t much better

10. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    If RetroArch can still run from userland like in the olden days then maybe we'll see it on Lites and ipatched 8.0.0+ some day without CFW.

Considering mariko might never be hacked, just enabling homebrew might be the next best thing to aim for.

11. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Most cores run fine with userland hax (jit cores won’t work). 8.1.x has been described as “completely fucked” by scires when it comes to anything

12. PHiLiPZ

PHiLiPZ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2019
    Slovakia
    And 9.0.0 is already anounced. Will likely ship with the Lite ones. Likely improved security again... and support for SNES controller.

13. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Has there been any words on when the PRODINFO stuff might be implemented into Atmosphere?
    I've been holding off on connecting my Switch to any WiFi until there's a way to properly go Incognito with the Switch and homebrew on it, and since there's a Pull Request pending about it, I was curious if it's on the next set of things to be implemented, or if it might take a while.

14. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    You can use a sysmodule that will allow you to use Incognito on Atmosphere. Just delete the sysmodule and related files when you're done. I forget what it's called but you can find it here on GBAtemp.

15. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    It’s fully implemented and is fully functional. The current issue is that it’s unknown whether it’ll prevent bans or cause them because console information from cal0 could be cached/stored somewhere. There’s also some console unique information in fuses and other places which may cause problems.
    (All of this also applies to incognito)

PHiLiPZ likes this.
  16. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    It's already added into Atmosphere?
    I wasn't even aware, though I do know that nothing guarantees a full ban-safe method, but still it's something I wish was properly merged into Atmos before I connect my Switch online :P

17. Angin_wind

Angin_wind Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2019
    Indonesia
    I'm a new user on the switch and English opens my language, so sorry if I'm wrong. xaj1004536xxx series fw 8.1.0 Will my switch break if I connect without DNS?

Attached Files:

18. Allanon_shannara

Allanon_shannara Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    Italy
    Hi there,
    its possibile to boot and play original games (physical card not eshop) on atmosphere? I ask before i proceed to mod because i read that its better to avoid, after CFW installation, to boot on OFW to avoid burnt fuses and so on...

Hope it works and atmosphere could share game saves too...

Thanks

19. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Atmosphere can run cartridge games fine, just make sure you're not using the nogc patches.

Last edited by 8BitWonder, Sep 11, 2019
  20. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Legitimate physical and digital games are the only officially supported way of playing games Atmosphere :shrek: