Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Waze0613, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Foundforgood89

Foundforgood89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    United States
    @SciresM If you can, please help me out. I previously had SDFiles set up on my switch SD card. I put the files from your folder onto the SD card root folder (replacing anything that was already there). At the time, I didn't know there was the "fusee primary.bin" file. Instead, I tried to use Hetake to run "fusee secondary.bin" which brought me to a black screen. I force quit after a min or so and then realized the fusee primary bin so I tried to run that. It started fine and gave me the atmosphere welcome screen and loaded. Then the nintendo logo, then switch logo...then this (screenshot)

Now every time i try to run the primary bin, I get this. I tried setting up a different SD card but ran into the same problem. Any suggestions? I do have a NAND backup from 6.2 that I can restore if I need to.

Attached Files:

2. Dona97

Dona97 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2018
    Italy
    Guys, you see an atmosphere version in settings??? I not see... and, how we go to homebrew??? Homebrew no work :(

3. TokyoDoll

TokyoDoll GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2018
    Japan
    My Otaku Room
    So Atmosphere is mainly a CFW but not a Homebrew.
    Could anyone tell me what is a good Homebrew for 6.2 is?

4. Foundforgood89

Foundforgood89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    United States
    Follow up.
    Restoring NAND AND BOOT 0/1 didnt do anything so i decided to clear the SD and then put the files in. That did it !
    I appreciate your hard work! Will figure out what specific file was killing it tomorrow

5. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    That... Is not how it works and makes no sense. Cfw is used to apply patches to be able to run homebrew. Homebrew is any software not officially allowed on the device it runs on. You need cfw in order to run homebrew
    Edit: you don't Need cfw for homebrew in all cases, but having cfw allows homebrew more access to the system than userland exploits allow

Last edited by TheCyberQuake, Nov 30, 2018
  6. Dona97

Dona97 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2018
    Italy
    Guys, games no work, why??? I have atm 0.8.0 wit switch FW 6.1.0...

7. TokyoDoll

Feb 21, 2018
    Japan
    My Otaku Room
    I had ReinX Homebrew on my Switch but it did not work and kept crashing my Switch, ultimately having me to take it off of my switch and i'm not sure if there's another Homebrew that will work for Switch.

8. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Again ReiNX is not a homebrew, it's a cfw. And there is atmosphere and SX os

9. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    Well technically it's not a cfw either, so it's kinda hard to judge people.

It's a jailbreak.

10. FTRBND

FTRBND Waifu

Apr 3, 2016
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    You boot ReiNX through RCM using a FG Payload Pusher. It goes into Horizon with sig patches, and all to help you run homebrew.
    That's literally what a Custom Firmware is.

TheCyberQuake and medoli900 like this.
  11. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    Okay, I went to settings (I don’t have atmosphere string on the version either) and had again the crash error when tapping on Data Management. I loaded again the payload and boom:[​IMG]

After a hard reset (12secs), it worked again.

12. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    No that is literally a tethered jailbreak. It's a custom firmware when you can flash it as a replacement for an official firmware and it can boot without any shenanigans.

People call it a cfw because it sounds cooler.

13. TokyoDoll

Feb 21, 2018
    Japan
    My Otaku Room
    Then explain why when I type in on google I get directed to ReiNX then..
    so Switch has no actual Homebrew? Just all CFW?

14. Resaec

Resaec GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2017
    Germany
    Its just you trying to force CFW to mean something it doesn't.
    Taken from 3ds.hacks.guide (so its not just the Switch scene)
    So by the fact alone that Atmosphere enables you to run, install and patch what ever you want it is, per definition, a CFW.
    Or would you say that all PSP CFW is not real because it is temporary and needs to be reenabled after a reboot?

You need to get the basics right.
    The answer above also stands for you. CFW and Homebrew are different things, but HB most of the time relies on CFW to be running.

Last edited by Resaec, Nov 30, 2018
  15. gnze796

gnze796 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    A more realistic view would be "tethered CFW"

16. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    No, it's you trying to force CFW to mean something it doesn't.

That is circular reasoning. A CFW is firmware. Firmware is just software used during coldboot. Atmosphere can't coldboot yet.

You can permanently install CFW on some models of PSP, if it's not permanent then it's not CFW by definition.

It's fine, I know what both the terms mean. I didn't say anything about homebrew, I said that atmosphere is a jailbreak. Because it is.

I'm only pointing out you're wrong, because you were being pedantic and were wrong. The PS3 and iOS scene disagree with you and they came first.

Last edited by smf, Nov 30, 2018
  17. Zaybokk

Zaybokk GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    not working :( firmware 6.2.0 on cfw, when i first loaded it first booted , but now
    just boots and shows on settings 6.2.0(aws) , but when i click into the album icon nothing just shows pictures only :( ??.. any help guys would be appreciated

18. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Do you have hbloader and hbmenu?
    If not put hbmenu.nro in the root of your SD card (found here: https://github.com/switchbrew/nx-hbmenu/releases)
    And put hbl.nsp in the atmosphere folder (found here: https://github.com/switchbrew/nx-hbloader/releases)

Zaybokk likes this.
  19. Zaybokk

Zaybokk GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    trying right now,!! thanks mate for this great help!.. i will update in a sec to see if it works or not!! my pics in my folder structure below to see what file(s) i need or which in wrong folder structure and such ??. confused to know which file(s) or which folder(s) go where..?? any help would be highly grateful guys

ZachyCatGames likes this.
  20. TokyoDoll

Feb 21, 2018
    Japan
    My Otaku Room
    Will this be put into the Switch Guide?
    Because It's only up towards 5.0.2 as for the guide.

Zaybokk likes this.