Country
United States
Reactions: trOublie

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rcm can be triggered by changing a bit in the bct idk Why It couldn't have coldboot to be honest .Just need a payload to be triggered by a button .

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it’s because TX has announced two versions and have stated you’d only need the dongle once to install?

That’s been plastered all over Reddit and these Forums.
FALSE: They stated the included tool "jig" would be needed once. More than likely the dongle will be needed every time. They probably either have a software solution that will allow you to reboot to rcm, or the initial payload corrupts something that forces rcm at boot, and the dongle auto loads their payload every boot. This is speculation, but you should still fully ready the product description before being rude to people.

Reactions: Centergaming

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FALSE: They stated the included tool "jig" would be needed once. More than likely the dongle will be needed every time. They probably either have a software solution that will allow you to reboot to rcm, or the initial payload corrupts something that forces rcm at boot, and the dongle auto loads their payload every boot. This is speculation, but you should still fully ready the product description before being rude to people.
That's because it changes the bct address and your right the jig will always be needed after or it won't boot I say it's a horrible method but works.

saneatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Eh this is why I’m waiting for atmosphere. Emunand with an entry point that forces the switch to boot that is to me a cleaner solution until we can patch the eMMC itself.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you show me the exact post?
upload_2018-5-17_11-51-33.png

You can see the Uncertain speculation there ;D

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't be long after tx's dongle is released for it to be tore apart, and a similar method + atmosphere to be implemented.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It won't be long after tx's dongle is released for it to be tore apart, and a similar method + atmosphere to be implemented.
You don't need to analyze the dongle, you can buy only the OS if you want -> no dongle needed for their CFW, well you need a pc or smartphone or ... to trigger the exploit.

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to analyze the dongle, you can buy only the OS if you want -> no dongle needed for their CFW, well you need a pc or smartphone or ... to trigger the exploit.
Well I know, I meant whatever chip the dongle uses and such to make a clone dongle for auto loading payloads.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope TX really boots up fine from a shutdown (coldboot) after first install which would only mean if they done it, someone would also implement a way to do it on the Atmosphere as I can only see being open sourced, everyone will be modding it everywhere, I hope nightly builds come back like the Xbox Original, I just loved to keep testing new beta stuff being added in almost no time at all... We could find so many XBMC compilation from different forums back then that there was just no time to test them all :)

Runehasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thanks all for the responses. Bottom line it seems no one really knows for certain so I guess time will tell. I would honestly advise people to just wait for Atmosphere and further CFW developments before buying TX. One thing to keep in mind as soon as a free solution is released that makes their product obsolete support almost immediately stops and your little dongle is rendered useless ( Gateway, Trueblue, etc )

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Q: How does the tool (jig) and dongle operate? Are they needed everytime you turn on the console?
    A:
    If you don't want to make any (software) modifications to your Switch Console, both the Tool (jig) and dongle are needed every boot.
    SX OS has an optional "AutoRCM" feature that can be installed to your Switch Console such that the jig tool is not needed anymore on boot.
  • Q: How does the AutoRCM feature work?
    A:
    The AutoRCM feature makes a tiny modification to your system's on-board storage via software, and from there on you will ONLY need the dongle (and won't have to press the volume key) when booting your console.
    Please note: With the AutoRCM feature installed, your Switch will only boot up with the SX Pro Dongle inserted or by any other USB-C launching method currently available. Once booted, you can always uninstall AutoRCM through SX OS.

Called it!!!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thanks all for the responses. Bottom line it seems no one really knows for certain so I guess time will tell. I would honestly advise people to just wait for Atmosphere and further CFW developments before buying TX. One thing to keep in mind as soon as a free solution is released that makes their product obsolete support almost immediately stops and your little dongle is rendered useless ( Gateway, Trueblue, etc )
Honestly, the only difference between whatever Team Xecuter has and Atmosphere is that their modchip will support piracy from the get-go while Atmosphere will not. But that can and will change. All someone needs to do is make a backup loader which is an inevitability of the hacking scene. Thats probably also why they are releasing their modchip on the same day as Atmosphere's planned release date, June 15th.

As for the thread topic, the entire bootrom has been leaked and is in the public's eye for everyone to fiddle around with. Currently, the only coldboot exploit we have of it is tethered. However, there may be other untethered exploits waiting to be discovered. Its down to whoever is determined enough to go look for it.

Reactions: softwareengineer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Veho, let @AncientBoi fix it