Atmosphère adds initial firmware 7.0.0 support

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Jan 31, 2019.

Front-page

Not even two days after firmware 7.0.0's keys were found, @SciresM 's Atmosphère CFW has been updated to provide initial support for the latest Nintendo Switch system update.

This new version is still in its early stages as there is no stable release nor prebuilt binaries ready to be downloaded. This coupled with the fact that the current implementation is based around a "bring your own keys" approach means it will take some more work for a regular end user to boot into CFW right now while being on the latest firmware. Nevertheless, it's been said on the same tweet that another version with a more usual key derivation method is already being worked on, with an ETA ranging anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks.

The commits have already been pushed to Atmosphère's GitHub repository so anyone can clone and compile a version of Atmosphère with 7.0.0 support, however it might be better for end users to wait until a stable release is available.

:arrow: GitHub

ELY_M, Ninn, Darkyose and 12 others like this.
    Discussion (72 replies)
  1. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Embrace yourself

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Tomorrow and the next day: "TX is back again with another nice update"
    All joking aside, it's pretty cool to see so much progress being made so quickly by an actual community dev.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Essasetic

Essasetic Your local TX Fanboy

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I found it hilarious when I realised the keys were cracked hours after Nintendo released 7.0.0! Anyway glad development is being made to make it compatible.

3. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Addict

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    This is awesome, I still want SX OS approval to update tho :v

slaphappygamer likes this.
  4. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Should be something like
    "February just started, and to kick off the month, here's TX with yet another great update!"

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    SX OS won't support 7.0.0 until after they steal support from Atmosphere. You will need to wait until after Atmosphere supports 7.0.0 natively without having to provide your own external key.

6. ScarletDreamz
    This message by ScarletDreamz has been removed from public view by Minox, Feb 1, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 31, 2019
  7. gonzogonzales

gonzogonzales Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Austria
    Great Job Guys!!!

8. gnmmarechal
    This message by gnmmarechal has been removed from public view by Minox, Feb 1, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 31, 2019
  9. StormSilver
    This message by StormSilver has been removed from public view by Chary, Jan 31, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jan 31, 2019
  10. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2018
    United States
    California
    Well that didn't take long. Good ol' Atmosphere team making progress.

Kubez likes this.
  11. HOv

HOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    United States
    Do you guys ever get tired of trolling tx? Lol. All jokes aside this is good news. A friend of mine just hacked his switch with reinx and the very next day he accidentally updated his switch to 7.0 lol. So he'll be glad to know that soon he can go back to using custom firmware again.

bostonBC and CallmeBerto like this.
  12. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    "a friend of mine" :unsure:

Girtana1 likes this.
  13. deepweed
    This message by deepweed has been removed from public view by Chary, Jan 31, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jan 31, 2019
  14. Lacius
    This message by Lacius has been removed from public view by Chary, Jan 31, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jan 31, 2019
  15. deepweed

deepweed Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2018
    Lithuania
    Proof?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

16. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    Now that Team Xecuter can steal this, can they do it fast instead of taking a few weeks like last time?

Lilith Valentine likes this.
  17. Essasetic

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Ok let's play a game of comparison.

Atmosphere 0.8.0 (the one that added 6.2.0 support) released on the 29th November.

Meanwhile SX OS took over two weeks to do the same thing adding it on a BETA release on 2.4 on December 14th

nachuz likes this.
  18. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    you forget to say that coincidentally the 6.2.0 support was the same as Atmosphere on SX OS

19. deepweed

deepweed Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2018
    Lithuania
    Really that's your proof? :D it doesnt mean they stole it if it took longer. It might mean that they didn't stole it thats why it took longer

20. Essasetic

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Considering their track record. That seems highly likely. (that they stole it)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I think it's also worth mentioning they've been promising a hack for ipatched switches for months and months now and have not delivered any screenshots/news of it. Apart from "we're still working on it".

21. deepweed

deepweed Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2018
    Lithuania
    So no real proof just guessing :D

22. Essasetic

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Pretty much everyone knows that they steal. Look it'll happen this time. As soon as Atmosphere gets 7.0 support without tsec keys watch as an SX OS release drops a week or two later.

23. deepweed

deepweed Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2018
    Lithuania
    So again no real proof :D please just stop

24. Essasetic

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Alright. Just letting you know how these "coincidences" have happened many times since SX OS' release.