Atmosphère adds initial firmware 7.0.0 support

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Jan 31, 2019.

1. _______

_______  

May 13, 2016
    Japan
    Logical assumption I'd say. It's way too convenient they offer things once someone else started his/her open source project.

They did make some of them better, but only for their paid system and not contribute back to the original codebases. That's a dick move. The only unique stuff SX OS got are their XCI loader and the cheat code system.

cucholix and Essasetic like this.
  2. HOv

HOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    United States
    Haha. I promise you I wasn't the idiot. Although I did a stupid mistake when I updated to 6.2 so lesson learned there.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It's so funny how some of you loves to take shots at tx for stealing such and such or whatever you think they stole. And yet all of you probably download games and play them for free. Isn't that stealing too?!!! Lol

3. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Again, there is no such a thing as "Accidentally Update"

SpaceJump and Essasetic like this.
  4. Essasetic

Essasetic Your local TX Fanboy

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I've seen that argument time and time again. So... is this justification for what they do? Because it's pretty pathetic when you have to play "but piracy is stealing too" card.

5. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Stealing a code that ITS FREE, and then charging for it, its a dick move, claiming that is 100% yours, its another one.

So no, its not the same.

Last edited by ScarletDreamz, Jan 31, 2019
    Essasetic likes this.
  6. HOv

HOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    United States
    Can you kindly show me actual proof that tx claimed and stated it's100% their work with what you claim they stole? Thanks in advance.

Also, answer me this. Do you have any games downloaded and playing for free? If you do, isn't that stealing as well? I'm not saying that makes it ok for tx to steal, not at all, but if you're stealing games then you're no better than tx and you shouldn't be saying anything in regards to stealing when you're doing the same thing.

7. Essasetic

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Their changelogs contain changes e.g says it fixes "sleep mode on fuse mismatch" when CTCaer created the fix. Not TX and he was left uncredited.
    No. People who pirate here aren't making a paid CFW around it. I haven't pirated all of my games I still have a few that I've legitimately bought. Also unlike TX. We can provide back to the developers if we wish. By buying the game and supporting them. All TX does is harvest the code, make little to no changes and keep it in their ecosystem. Screwing over the developer that made the product.

That's the difference between the general pirate and TX.

8. deepweed

deepweed Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2018
    Lithuania
    Yeah bs as usual :D tell me from who they copied xci loading? Which is the main thing of sx os

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

9. Essasetic

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
  10. 210modz

210modz GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    It must be hard to sleep when all you ever think about is xecuter. There's hundreds of y'all in this forum. No matter what the news is, it's a chance to hate on the superior custom firmware. :rofl2:

HOv likes this.
  11. Essasetic
    This message by Essasetic has been removed from public view by Chary, Jan 31, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jan 31, 2019
  12. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    It's literally in the slogan they have plastered all over their website.
    In a spoiler so it doesn't clog the thread
    As a preemptive counter-claim before you say "that's too vague" or "that's not specific enough";
    Why from a business stand-point would they ever directly address something like copying code?
    It would only make their business seem shadier than it already is. They lose nothing by not talking about it.

Stealing games is no where close to copying licensed work and then selling it for a profit.
    If most users were stealing games and then selling them pre-installed on modded consoles, then they'd be the same. But I doubt that is the case for many users.

Last edited by 8BitWonder, Jan 31, 2019
    Essasetic likes this.
  13. HOv

HOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    United States
    The sx os is free. You're paying for the xci loading, load games off of a external hard drive, split nsp installation support which is useful for fat32 mSD cards, built in installer, stealth mode, etc. It's a premium product I have no regret buying. But if you're using free alternatives that's great too. It's just silly to me how people go and on about stealing and this is illegal and this and that when in reality they are also doing the same thing smh

14. Essasetic

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    No it's not. Literally the only thing you can do for free is load homebrew applications. That's it. Everything else you need to pay for.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also have you not read any of our responses or are you just ignoring them?

15. HOv

HOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    United States
    Ok you win. I give up. Tx sucks and you're great. Hooray!!!

16. Essasetic
    This message by Essasetic has been removed from public view by Chary, Jan 31, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jan 31, 2019
  17. deepweed

deepweed Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2018
    Lithuania
    So after so many answers no one managed to proof anything just guessing :D

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

18. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    RED MAN BAD
    FREE MAN GOOD

Souperman9 and jscjml like this.
  19. Essasetic

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Have you read any of the posts? I've proved that they've stolen at least one thing and 8bitwonder has proven that they claim it's 100% their work.

20. HOv

HOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    United States
    Wanna know what really sucks? This is supposed to be about how the team that worked on atmosphere which we should be congratulating on a job well done, but instead, you and a lot of people always have to turn in into tx hate discussion. Let that sink in.

jscjml and StormSilver like this.
  21. Essasetic
    Jan 31, 2019
  22. HOv

HOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    United States
    Congrats to the team!!! You guys rock! Can't wait for the native 7.0 support. Thanks.

23. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    They proved it was utilizing copied code months ago.
    Here's a tweet chain explaining it that I doubt you'll read.
    Twitter chain here.

If you're interested in picking it apart yourself, hexkyz has put up scripts for assisting with that.

Last edited by 8BitWonder, Jan 31, 2019
    cucholix, Lacius and Essasetic like this.
  24. 210modz
    This message by 210modz has been removed from public view by Chary, Jan 31, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jan 31, 2019