Atlus: “No plans” for Catherine in North America

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you’re waiting for Atlus and Team Persona’s bizarre erotic horror-arcade puzzler Catherine to be localised, you may have to wait a little longer: Atlus’ US PR has told BeefJack, very apologetically, there are currently no plans for a North American release.

“Catherine is a Japan-only game and there are no plans for a NA release at this time. Sorry about that!” reads the statement.

Catherine has currently been doing very well for itself in Japan, comfortably beating Marvel vs Capcom 3 to the top of the all-formats chart, though it’s anyone’s guess how much of this was down to the scantily-clad ladies on the box.
[/p]
Source

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what im reading, alot people were complaining about the difficulty even on easy, game was almost impossible to beat

that + the "mature" content probably is keeping it away from here

ZeroTm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Makes sense. It wouldn't sell very well. Most Americans prefer to fap to real women anyways.
smile.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the content being too much for a US release, it can get an M rating in mere seconds plus this involves women, no lolis at all. Although the difficulty is justifiable though.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And just when I was on an emotional high from the skyrim trailer....this news had to turn up and ruin it....

Why can't we get any good games from japan....it seems whenever they port something to the U.S. they feel the need to change it...or fear it won't sell well......We like weird Japanese stuff!! American games get old after a while
cry.gif

Edit: this game is on the PS3....and the PS3 has been hacked.....theres hope for a fan translation....maybe?

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On the one hand, "NOOOOOOO!!!!", on the other hand, there are plenty of games coming out in the next year that'll keep me plenty busy, so this isn't a huge loss. In fact, my backlog of games has grown too big as it is, and Dragon Age 2, Pokemon B/W, and Dissidia 012 are going to be here soon.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
Jolan said:
What about Eu release ;_;

Atlus games over here are always localised by other companies, so there's always a chance we'll get the game if interest is large enough.
I hope it comes to Eu then because if it does, more then likely it'll be translated and I'll import it from there.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Ahh come on, I just read how it was the best selling game in Japan from Feb 14-20, selling 141K on PS3, 22K on 360; and now I hear there are no plans on localizing it? Wtf?! That is HUGE success for an Atlus game, and it would still sell well here.
frown.gif
I'll be in the corner weeping if anyone needs me...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ooh a game on the 360 that is said to be half decent and might not appear in English. I am up for a hack/translation.

Time and hard drive space allowing I see no reason a PS3 translation could not happen alongside it.... come to think I am not sure if an "identical" multiplatform game has even been translated simultaneously.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FAST6191 said:
Ooh a game on the 360 that is said to be half decent and might not appear in English. I am up for a hack/translation.

Time and hard drive space allowing I see no reason a PS3 translation could not happen alongside it.... come to think I am not sure if an "identical" multiplatform game has even been translated simultaneously.

Atlus are either terrible liars or they just say no plans yet because they're not ready to announce it. I mean, the game has been released on PS3 and 360. The fact there is a 360 version pretty much confirm it's coming to North America for sure. I mean, they wouldn't make a game multiplatform if it was japan only. Since the 360 is basicly dead and non-existant in japan, they would only have made a PS3 version and no 360 version if it was japan only, since making a 360 version would be a serious waste of money.

Also, sorry to disapoint you people, but this game is not a jRPG. It's nothing but a puzzle game with a story, so if you were expecting some good jRPG like Persona, I suggest you don't buy it, you will be disapointed.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing some of the random stuff we've gotten, I can't see why this is out the window. They'll import some damn hard dungeon crawlers but Catherine? No! Odds are if there's enough fan outcry it might happen, otherwise I feel gipped. There's been plenty of western press covering it and I would definitely buy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1