EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
OUTSPOKEN South Australian Attorney-General Michael Atkinson has announced he will step down from the ministry.

The day after a tight state election in which the Rann Labor government seems assured of being returned with a majority of up to three seats, Mr Atkinson said it was time for renewal and change.

“I believe there should be renewal,” Mr Atkinson said.

“There ought to be renewal in the ministry. There are talented people on the Labor backbench who deserve a go.”

He said his decision was part of a “staged” renewal.

Mr Atkinson, who has served in parliament for 20 years, will go to the backbench and is unlikely to seek re-election in 2014.

The controversial Mr Atkinson has attracted a string of criticism over internet censorship, a so-called “stashed cash” affair and high-profile defamation cases.

He also has been criticised nationally for his refusal to allow an R18+ rating for video games.

SOURCE

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I heard about this a couple hours ago. I just hope that his comments about other AG's being against the R18 rating isn't true. This sin't a time to rest though. We have a had a break and everyone that supports the issue should increase the community awareness so that the motion is passed.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
juggernaut911 said:
Yay!! Yay! yay... So, is that the douche who was causing you guys to get a kid version of L4D2?
In-directly yes. Although he didn't ban the game, his stance against the r18+ rating mean't it had to be censored.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations Australia, it will take some work to undo a lot of the nonsense that went on but first steps and all that.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yay so now when I come back to the lnd of bunnybashing, drive in alchohol shops and guns I can now also play voilent games! Woohoo

The bogans can finally bash people in a game rather then on the streets xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)