Atari VCS! How will it sell? Whats your opinion?

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like they're trying to make it be too many things and had opportunities to make affordable re-releases in the past but ended up licensing to companies to cheap-out and make systems that end up in American chain drugstores like Rite-aid and CVS.

I WANT to have hope for it, but considering the price point, Spending $230 for an emulator you could build in a raspberry pi or a $100 rerefurb HP mini pc, and its ambiguous streaming and home media taglines just seems like a little much. I mean you could buy the atari vault on steam and a steam box for $50 with shipping and do it with your PC.

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like they're trying to make it be too many things and had opportunities to make affordable re-releases in the past but ended up licensing to companies to cheap-out and make systems that end up in American chain drugstores like Rite-aid and CVS.

I WANT to have hope for it, but considering the price point, Spending $230 for an emulator you could build in a raspberry pi or a $100 rerefurb HP mini pc, and its ambiguous streaming and home media taglines just seems like a little much. I mean you could buy the atari vault on steam and a steam box for $50 with shipping and do it with your PC.
But with Valve adding a way to play Windows games on Linux and Atari most likely not to go full Nintendo on us, We should be able to install Steam Hell it might come preinstalled or added to the store.
They also said it would run third party games (COD, GTA FoRTniTE)

I think it's worth it just will not be another Ouya!

Last edited by DRAGONBALLVINTAGE,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE