Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey there guys,

I'm looking for an atari emulator that works on the wii. I know about atawii but everyone who's tried that knows it's not really an emulator (at least l can't get it to work). I've read about this StellaGC but there doesn't seem to be a wii release of the software. Does anyone know of an atari emulator that l can use for my wii? I've got atari games that I MUST PLAY! Hah,

Thanks for the help to anyone who responds.

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess you can use the gamecube homebrew launcher to launch stellagc and it should work.

but there is no official wii atari emulators yet..... and that sucks, it should be quite easy to do.... it's not like the wii would run out of power
tongue.gif

jspicher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi kevenz,

Thank you very much for your repsone. I found Gamecube Homebrew Launcher and this looks very interesting. I'm now hunting down a copy of the required RVL-mios-v5.wad.out.wad file. I've found a few torrents that contain this file, but none of them have seeders so l'll continue looking. It appears as though this .wad file can be found within Super Mario Galaxy; but l have no clue how l'd go about extracting that file from the ISO.

In any event l'll keep cracking away and post back if l finally get an atari emulator working on my wii incase l'm not the only one that's looking for it.

Thanks again for your help. Anyone else that has any ideas please share.

------------[[[[[EDIT]]]]]---------------

I've found WUFE (Wii Update File Extractor) here to extract the needed RVL-mios-v5.wad.out.wad from my copy of Super Mario Galaxy. I'm going to test this out now, and will report back in a bit.

------------[[[[[EDIT 2]]]]]---------------

Well l successfully installed the mIOS patch with MIOSPatchingWADInstaller (which you have to use a gamecube controller and not a wiimote if anyone tries this). It said everything went okay. But after that when l tried to fire up GCBooterHomebrew to launch my start.dol file l got an error "Failed to load start.dol" ~ so it doesn't look like this'll work.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hea i couldn't get stella to work neither, Through GCboot but, if anyone finds a atari emu or finds a way to get it to run through the GCBoot please post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8