Homebrew Assistance required, o3ds 11.3.0-36u no CFW

MattMagnetic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have been on 11.3.0-36u for quite some time. I recently wanted to get back into homebrew. It didn't work, but managed to fix it, new starter and otherapp.bin. However, whenever I try to load any homebrew application, I freeze on a yellow screen. mGba fails, PKSM fails, prboom fails. I have no clue as what to do. I have attempted a fresh starter+boot.3dsx. My current setup is as follows:

o3ds running no CFW
ofw 11.3.0-36u
Soundhax is the entrypoint
(Not that it may matter, I have a custom theme)

I do recall it working like this before. Also note that I have not used my 3ds in a decent while. Any assistance or time dedicated to help me is much appreciated guys.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I have been on 11.3.0-36u for quite some time. I recently wanted to get back into homebrew. It didn't work, but managed to fix it, new starter and otherapp.bin. However, whenever I try to load any homebrew application, I freeze on a yellow screen. mGba fails, PKSM fails, prboom fails. I have no clue as what to do. I have attempted a fresh starter+boot.3dsx. My current setup is as follows:

o3ds running no CFW
ofw 11.3.0-36u
Soundhax is the entrypoint
(Not that it may matter, I have a custom theme)

I do recall it working like this before. Also note that I have not used my 3ds in a decent while. Any assistance or time dedicated to help me is much appreciated guys.
What version of otherapp did you grab. if ya got the 11.5 go get a new 11.3 one. The newest otherapp is causing tons of problems with the yellow screen on mgba and the such.

MattMagnetic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I grabbed an otherapp for 11.3.0-36u. Still shoving the yellow screen in my face. I'll dream of spongebob tonight if my issue is not resolved c: But in all seriousness, I feel like this is one of THOSE problems. Also, Is it imperative that I install cfw. Because I would like to just have homebrew on my 3ds. I don't want cfw to be honest, plus chance any absurd risks like brick/ban for my 3ds. That website says it's main goal is to get me to cfw.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I grabbed an otherapp for 11.3.0-36u. Still shoving the yellow screen in my face. I'll dream of spongebob tonight if my issue is not resolved c: But in all seriousness, I feel like this is one of THOSE problems. Also, Is it imperative that I install cfw. Because I would like to just have homebrew on my 3ds. I don't want cfw to be honest, plus chance any absurd risks like brick/ban for my 3ds. That website says it's main goal is to get me to cfw.
Iirc even with people whom used homebrew only I think had been hit during that ban wave aswell. It wasnt just with cfw, you are breaking tos with the system just using homebrew I believe. You have no more worry of bans as you do now. Just dont do anything overly stupid with your system and there wont be any the more worry of bans as there is now.

MattMagnetic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I am not particularly sure about bans. I always keep my spotpass and friend list info as private as possible. I just want to fix my current issue without having to go to cfw as a resort. Is there any way at all? The website still wants me to use the same homebrew stuff I currently possess.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I am not particularly sure about bans. I always keep my spotpass and friend list info as private as possible. I just want to fix my current issue without having to go to cfw as a resort. Is there any way at all? The website still wants me to use the same homebrew stuff I currently possess.
I'd say maybe try to download a new fresh 11.3 otherapp and soundfile again. I am not entirely sure why your apps are going funky like that on 11.3. I never had any issues with that firmware with my old 3ds system.

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The payloads are more unstable on Old 3DS because smealum said that Nintendo closed GPU DMA on the Old 3DS. So he wrote the payloads to hijack Home Menu. I personally have a New 3DS XL, so I don't have the problems you do.

If you install CFW (as some have advised above), you can use Rosalina to run your homebrew apps.

MattMagnetic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, so I am not hallucinating... I had read that 11.3 screwed homebrew for a lot of people. I was fairly sure it worked for me back then. So, new boot 3dsx and otherapp, and a fresh soundhax file?

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, so I am not hallucinating... I had read that 11.3 screwed homebrew for a lot of people. I was fairly sure it worked for me back then. So, new boot 3dsx and otherapp, and a fresh soundhax file?

Yes try that first. As I said, the Old 3DS payloads are fairly unstable on newer FIRMS.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This was my 11.3 otherapp. I didnt seem to have issues with Mgba or anything of the sort. If it dont work let me know and I will find another one that I had used

Attachments

• otherapp.rar
    21.3 KB · Views: 139

MattMagnetic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll definately use your otherapp. I appreciate that. I compared the new one with my old one. My old one was larger, But my homebrew wasn't working and had to fix it by getting everything new. That was the problem I mentioned working through in my first statement.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I gave that "blood transfusion" a whirl. It told me that it "failed to locate takeover object :(" also not sure if it matters, my o3ds is an xl. I was silly not to mention that earlier.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll definately use your otherapp. I appreciate that. I compared the new one with my old one. My old one was larger, But my homebrew wasn't working and had to fix it by getting everything new. That was the problem I mentioned working through in my first statement.

I gave that "blood transfusion" a whirl. It told me that it "failed to locate takeover object :(" also not sure if it matters, my o3ds is an xl. I was silly not to mention that earlier.

I have not ever seen that error before with my system. I am not overly sure of what can be done now with this. sorry.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country

Well I installed cfw on my 3 systems(a 2ds, a o3ds xl and a n3ds xl) back in February, not one of them has been banned. And with the current method there is virtually no risk of a brick unless you do something stupid, as long as you follow the guide you'll be fine.

Hallowing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you check where you get boot.3dsx because the newest version is meant for Rosalina and is homebrew 2.0 exclusive. Userland may not be able to properly use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT