Gaming Asphalt 4 Released on DSi Ware

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At last a DSi game... Asphalt 4 has been released on the DSi Ware and you can put your picture on a billboard and use it in multiplayer... So this must be the start of a new wave of semi-decent DSi games... not the best game I admit but at least its better than the ones that have been avaiable up to now...

Photos can be used on two ttypes of billboard, the Garage and multiplayer...

Just downloaded it and giving it a whirl....

wink2.gif

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It players quite nicely. Graphics are smooth and the car is a nice size this time. Has all the usual buy and update your car along with challenges to complete for money.

As the DSi has more processing power than the DS it would be nice to find out when games actually use the extra power. This looks like the scenery has been reduced in detail a bit to make it run smoothly. So I doubt that, apart from the camera, that its using anything other than the same processing power as the DS.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you mean at last? What about Mario VS DK & Mighty Flip Champs?

Not played a Asphalt game regulary since the second one, glad they skipped a port of the 3rd game (it wasn't good imo). This one was decent but just another retread, sure the DSi one is the same.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Was that a Veyron at the end of the trailer? The game looks pretty good.
Are DSiware games smaller than normal DS games or are they about the same size?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DSi doesn't have more processing power, just more RAM.
this doesn't instantly make it capable of handling better graphics, since the CPU is still the same old arm9 66mhz/arm7 33mhz combo.

Rajveer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The DSi has a 133MHz ARM11 which replaced the 66MHz ARM9 of the DS. Though your point is still correct, the GPU is the same so it still has the same graphical limitations.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just checked around.
i heard they just gave it a normal DS ARM9, but on wikipedia they say it has an ARM9E

but the info available on the internet is quite messy (even messages about the DSi having a 266mhz CPU)

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hadrian said:
What you mean at last? What about Mario VS DK & Mighty Flip Champs?

Not played a Asphalt game regulary since the second one, glad they skipped a port of the 3rd game (it wasn't good imo). This one was decent but just another retread, sure the DSi one is the same.

Not got Mario VS DK & Mighty Flip Champs available for download, you got a US DSI because thats not available as DSi Ware on the EUR one that I can see

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully it is out for the us dsi because that is what I have, but I spent my 1000 free points on warioware snapped and Dr. Mario. So I may buy some more points if it gets good reviews, plus I still want to get Mario Vs. Donkey Kong so I have to buy more points anyways. Thanks for the info though.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm inclined to believe that the ONLY reason the DSi has any extra CPU power is to handle the cameras, updated online capabilities and it's built-in special features.

There's no reason this game couldn't have been on the standard DS. I couldn't care less about custom pictures on billboards...I don't look at billboards when driving my real car, let alone buzzing along at over 100MPH.

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I still got my 1000 points from the release but don't think I will be using them on this game. It sure doesn't look too bad, but paying for a game?
biggrin.gif

J/k, those Asphalt games just never been my cup of tea

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
is this actually better than asphalt 2? When I saw this game on DSiware, I searched on the internet (Googl is your friend lol)
and I found out about asphalt 2, downloaded it and I'm currently having a great time with it, so...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==