Hacking Asobu Pikmin JPN (cant get it working)

cucukshow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
No error, just black screen. backup disc will not boot.

i have wiikey / 3.2

Tried gecko / backup loader

i have all relevant ois updates in place such that i can play need for speed and bleach

Any else tried?

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cucukshow said:
No error, just black screen. backup disc will not boot.

i have wiikey / 3.2

Tried gecko / backup loader

i have all relevant ois updates in place such that i can play need for speed and bleach

Any else tried?
I tried to get it to work as well, using backup loader gamma, wasn't bothered if the text is in Japanese because i played the original version, don't really need to read the text
tongue.gif

Black screen, the game just crashes the moment it starts. the wiimote turns off.

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Did you try force NTSC and force japanese language?
Yup, green screen crash instead of black screen crash. I even tried changing the IOS. nothing worked, instant crash.

cucukshow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Sayargh said:
WiiPower said:
Yup, green screen crash instead of black screen crash. I even tried changing the IOS. nothing worked, instant crash.

blue crash red crash etc lol

how to maked without crash any colours???

Nautilart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works perfect under gamma force ntsc and change defualt language to japanese its a good game nice to have it on wii again

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
I can get this game to work in inferiour composite video but i prefer to use an RGB scart lead and when i select force 50 or 60 pal i get a green screen and ive tried wiifrii,vmc,gwp and wiipowers toy

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fiddlefaddle22 said:
I can get this game to work in inferiour composite video but i prefer to use an RGB scart lead and when i select force 50 or 60 pal i get a green screen and ive tried wiifrii,vmc,gwp and wiipowers toy

Did you try a clean 1:1 copy with my toy?
- dump the main.dol
- patch with the generic wii patcher NTSC -> PAL
- save!
- set the toy to system settings video mode
- (force japanese language)

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:

- dump the main.dol
- save!
The version i used was this one
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=124856&st=0

it says its not a raw dump but i'm not sure if its a 1:1 copy though

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fiddlefaddle22 said:
WiiPower said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:

- dump the main.dol
- save!
The version i used was this one
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=124856&st=0

it says its not a raw dump but i'm not sure if its a 1:1 copy though

If the steps i posted don't work, it's either the game not allowing this or there's something wrong with your copy. I think it could be some kind of new region protection by nintendo. I'm using a rbg cable too, so i hope this is not the case.

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]

If the steps i posted don't work, it's either the game not allowing this or there's something wrong with your copy. I think it could be some kind of new region protection by nintendo. I'm using a rbg cable too, so i hope this is not the case.
[/quote]
I've got another 10 NTSC US and JAP games that won't force 50 or 60 pal that i could try with the toy but i think that the scrubbed ones wont work?,they are
PUYO PUYO-Puyo_Puyo_JAP_WII-TMD-4.15GB
COOKING MAMA 2-US SCRUBBED-815MB
BIOHAZARD 0-Biohazard_0_JAP_WII-TMD-3.79GB
BLASTWORKS-US SCRUBBED-1.64GB
LUXOR 3-US SCRUBBED-413MB
HATARAKU HIT-Hataraku_Hit_JAP_WII-TMD-SCRUBBED-989MB
YATTERMAN WII HARD WORKING PEOPLE-JAP SCRUBBED-1.89GB
LOZ TWILIGHT PRINCESS-US SCRUBBED-1.29GB
GAME PARTY 2-US SCRUBBED-911MB
SKY CRAWLERS-JAP-Sky_Crawlers_Innocent_Aces_JAP_WII-TMD-3.79GB

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fiddlefaddle22 said:
I've got another 10 NTSC US and JAP games that won't force 50 or 60 pal that i could try with the toy but i think that the scrubbed ones wont work?

Scrubbing shoudn't be a problem as long as your cIOS has trucha support. Just test it. Oh and you can delete all other dumped files than the main.dol if you want to.

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:
I've got another 10 NTSC US and JAP games that won't force 50 or 60 pal that i could try with the toy but i think that the scrubbed ones wont work?

Scrubbing shoudn't be a problem as long as your cIOS has trucha support. Just test it. Oh any you can delete all other dumped files than the main.dol if you want to.
Thanks for the advice,i'll report back later how i get on.

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I feel stupid now, after seeing another post which basically says the same thing as you I realized my mistake.

I read this and thought that I had done this but really I only did them seperate, when I tried them in combination the game works perfectly.

Another problem solved when there wasn't really a problem, but as a Human I be prone to mistakes XD

-Retroactively Thanks for the help and ignore my first responce to this.

Offtopic: This I still own on the gamecube with its sequal (which is esp. why I don't feel guilty for playing it), I might actually buy this game when it comes out in Europe because of my love for the Pikmin series, hopefully it'll be cheap like around £20 - theres no way i'm paying full price for a game I already paid full price for just to get nicer controls, though i'd pay around about halfish.
smile.gif

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
fiddlefaddle22 said:
WiiPower said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:

Scrubbing shoudn't be a problem as long as your cIOS has trucha support. Just test it. Oh any you can delete all other dumped files than the main.dol if you want to.
Thanks for the advice,i'll report back later how i get on.

Sorry for taking so long wiipower but i've tested these games with softchip toy and most of them work in RGB 60 PAL now and thanks for all your time and effort that you have put into making this program.
Wii_de_Asobu_Pikmin_JPN_Wii-Caravan--NOT WORKING
PUYO PUYO-Puyo_Puyo_JAP_WII-TMD-4.15GB-WORKS NOW
COOKING MAMA 2-US SCRUBBED-815MB-WORKS NOW
BIOHAZARD 0-Biohazard_0_JAP_WII-TMD-3.79GB-CRASHES
BLASTWORKS-US SCRUBBED-1.64GB-NOT WORKING
LUXOR 3-US SCRUBBED-413MB-WORKS NOW
HATARAKU HIT-Hataraku_Hit_JAP_WII-TMD-SCRUBBED-989MB-WORKS NOW
YATTERMAN WII HARD WORKING PEOPLE-JAP SCRUBBED-1.89GB-BLACK SCREEN
LOZ TWILIGHT PRINCESS-US SCRUBBED-1.29GB-NOT WORKING
GAME PARTY 2-US SCRUBBED-911MB-NOT WORKING
SKY CRAWLERS-JAP-Sky_Crawlers_Innocent_Aces_JAP_WII-TMD-3.79GB -WORKS NOW
Mario Super Sluggers USA Wii-PROMiNENT-WORKS NOW
Doraemon JAP-WORKS NOW
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 USA-WORKS NOW

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you set your Wii in the official settings menu to PAL60(480i) and tried with my toy? Do the working games work with Gamma with force PAL with correct colors? Did you try force japanese and force english in the japanese games?

About the non working games:
Did you get these to work at all somehow with Gamma or SoftChip? But with annoying black&white playback?

One important detail for me:
Do you have japanese games which work in Gamma, colors don't matter to this, and don't in SoftChip what ever settings you selected? I'm asking, because the force language code in SoftChip might not be working correctly.

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Did you set your Wii in the official settings menu to PAL60(480i) and tried with my toy? Do the working games work with Gamma with force PAL with correct colors? Did you try force japanese and force english in the japanese games?

About the non working games:
Did you get these to work at all somehow with Gamma or SoftChip? But with annoying black&white playback?

One important detail for me:
Do you have japanese games which work in Gamma, colors don't matter to this, and don't in SoftChip what ever settings you selected? I'm asking, because the force language code in SoftChip might not be working correctly.

All the games above i burned without patching and they gave me a green screen if i forced 50 or 60 pal in gamma, but if i launch one of the games without forcing video they all work ok with red video.The game kaze no klonea has strange text like this @@@ if i dont force the japanese language. I always have my wii set to 60hz in the official settings menu and use an rgb scart lead.I'll go through all my other Japanese games and try them out in softchip and let you know in a couple of days how i get on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM