Hacking Asking for Updates on 4.0!

BBking83

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys!

I've had my Wiilkey for almost 1 year now. I tried loading an NTSC game on my PAL and said it was unreadable.
I ended up having to change my Wiikey settings to region free. So, now it'll read it but it's asking for an update.

Excitebots (NTSC)
Boom Blox Bash Party (NTSC)
Disaster: Day of Crisis (PAL)

Just a heads up, I have IOS37, 38, 53, 55 & 60 all patched and installed.

So, I used StartPatchV4.0 to block updates and it isn't asking anymore. Haven't played the games yet but should work fine.
smile.gif

My Q is, why is it asking for an update if I am on 4.0E?

Is it cause of the shop channel? What if I want to use it for the games? Ahh well...

Also, I used Waninkoko's updater. Why did we have to bypass that Shop Channel (IOS51, I think) update? Don't some online games need it to say, exchange levels with friends?

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have had my Wii softmodded with the original Homebrew Channel since it's release. I recently updated my homebrew channel per the auto updater which worked fine.

I shortly after purchased Punch Out Wii and it wanted to update, I was surprised as I was also already on 4.0E. I let it update off the disc which worked fine. Whew.

I then yesterday needed the internet channel back, and the Wii needed to update again this time via the online updater, and thankfully that worked too.

Long story short, my softmod update worked without problems. Don't know if that is enough info for you to venture into updating your hardmod Wii, but either way, good luck.

BBking83

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, you haven't ran into problems since? I'm thinking of doing an update through the Wii Menu but will probably just leave it.

Wait a few more months untill another update is out as see if it's worth it.
biggrin.gif

BBking83

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
Excitebots (NTSC)
Boom Blox Bash Party (NTSC)
Disaster: Day of Crisis (PAL)

Meh, anywayz...

Hopefully the games run smoothly.

EDIT: Also, Resident Evil 4 is NTSC but wasn't asking for an update.

BBking83

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
9th_Sage said:
If you had a higher System Menu than it had, more than likely it was updating/adding an IOS.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm now thinking it was the IOS61 which is for the Shop Channel, which (from memory) I don't have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, hi