Hardware Ask Nintendo to do something about the n3DS XL IPS vs TN Screen issue

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I am glad my Majora's Mask N3DS XL (A9LHed!) is IPS top screen. the bottom is TN but that does not matter as much as it looks fine. I would still be fine playing mine had it been a TN top though as the 3DS was not designed to have top picture and graphical quality, it was for playing games in a handheld form factor with interesting control schemes.
When the 3DS was announced, a selling factor was "console quality graphics in the third dimension", so like, that last sentence isn't even true at all.

Zeldalife89

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im having a issue i cannot find for the life of me a top ips bottom tn... I went through 5 new 3ds xl from 2 different stores all turned out to be TN also had newer firmware..im starting think that ips is somewhat harder to get now theyrre still out therr but the most are TN now a days? it seems.. i have one witb lerfect hinges and all but its TN im not sure if i should try to exchange just one more time but itll lrob be TN again and if i get loose hinge in return with TN i wouldnt be able to forgive my self .. what sjoulr i do try my luck with just one more exchange? or keep it as in 5 were already tn anyways

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im having a issue i cannot find for the life of me a top ips bottom tn... I went through 5 new 3ds xl from 2 different stores all turned out to be TN also had newer firmware..im starting think that ips is somewhat harder to get now theyrre still out therr but the most are TN now a days? it seems.. i have one witb lerfect hinges and all but its TN im not sure if i should try to exchange just one more time but itll lrob be TN again and if i get loose hinge in return with TN i wouldnt be able to forgive my self .. what sjoulr i do try my luck with just one more exchange? or keep it as in 5 were already tn anyways
STOP. PLEASE STOP ALREADY!
No. It is nothing to worry or be obsessed about.
Just make as if this thread didn't exist.
Don't waste your time.

Reactions: Princess Emily

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
STOP. PLEASE STOP ALREADY!

Actually answering your question, I've only seen limited edition consoles with a bottom IPS display
I don't think standards have them.

And also, tight hinges aren't that big of a deal tbh, I'd rather have slightly looser ones so the shell doesn't crack. Go for it

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually answering your question, I've only seen limited edition consoles with a bottom IPS display

And also, tight hinges aren't that big of a deal tbh, I'd rather have slightly looser ones so the shell doesn't crack. Go for it
I've seen a bottom IPS on a plain black

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two TN screens and honestly I don't care at all. I have seen an IPS and TN screen next to each other and the TN screen doesn't bother me. I think it's ridiculous that you feel the need to complain about it as you only recently found out that there was a difference.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a proud owner of:
N3DS XL Black NTSC-U (A9LH) with IPS screen - $200
N3DS LL Pearl White NTSC-J (A9LH) with TN screen - $200

I consider it a cost average, either way you look at it I got a fair deal:
1) I got a IPS for the same price as a TN, good deal!
2) I got a TN for the same price as a IPS, bad deal!

Simple mathematics tells us I got a fair deal.

So my advice to anyone that's pissed off, keep buying 3DS until you end up with 1 of each. :ph34r:'d

Last edited by el_gonz87,
Reactions: Halvorsen

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada

I bought an used red n3ds xl with a bottom IPS screen, and just today traded for a Galaxy n3DS xl with a bottom IPS screen. So, I dunno. The only dual IPS I've dealt with was a Super Mario 3D Land bundle.

Zeldalife89

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i happen to find a dual ips black new 3ds xl finally... it took me 6 exchanges mind u never found one with top ips this time i got lucky that its dual , i promised my self i was gonna exchange just one more try and it turned out to be dual ips model is QEF101 metallic black new 3ds xl in case anyone comes across the same serial..
i can tell its one of the earlier models because the battery was drained prob because of sitting to long causes it to drop charge over time and it was firmware 9.5 so ya pretty old but its dual ips so ill take it

Last edited by Zeldalife89,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto