psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got back to work just yesterday because it was testing week in Korea..
It seems like all the testers are on a break, too :\
(Bookwormz and shadowhunter93 haven't downloaded the patch at all)
My second patch has been downloaded 12 times in total, which means that from the initial 18 people, 6 people don't even check the beta testing pages anymore.

And I can't say that 12 people downloaded the second patch, because someone may have downloaded the patch multiple times.

Which means that in my guess, 10 people was still connected.
However, only like 5~6 people are actually doing what they are supposed to.

Leamonde.Halcyon, steirina, Cavane, HaniKazmi and I are the only ones that are actually working right now.
DarthNemesis helps me out 1:1, and he's a VIP.
There has been inputs from phoenixclaws, kingdomblade, guild, cavedude, kevinchester, and helix 94. However, most of them has only one or two posts, only when beta testing just had started.
My guess is that the ones who downloaded but did not even help a bit (mosaic, desh_thiere, Takanato, Blaze163, shadowhunter93, Bookwormz13971, krartan, welaeron, kitehimuro) should be immediately cut off from the beta testing list.
I do believe that people can be busy, but it has been already two weeks since beta testing has started. If they continue to be busy, then I guess they should forget about beta testing for this translation and finish up what they really need to.

In my perspective, the 9 testers listed above should be replaced with people who can immediately start working as progression slowed down a lot... and this time, rather than choosing a diverse group, I will restrict this to the people who:
excels in English (Not just fluent, but actually a person who stresses in grammar)
can actually use and edit wikis
has access to the Internet at least once a week
can actually help!

But I'm not sure yet. I'll still need to wait a while before I make any true plans.

bluedvalinn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ach, somewhat troublesome, but hopefully you'll find people who'll actually be able to commit this time. I'd ask myself, but I wouldn't say that I'm particularly strong in grammar, at least from a technical standpoint. Also lol, new to the community, and what have you. At any rate, I hope that you'll be able to get past this particular stumbling block, you've done some excellent work so far, and it's a shame that the project is being delayed on the account of other people. Thanks again for putting your time into this translation!

PerswAsian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would be interested in volunteering some time to the cause.

I am an English teacher here in South Korea. I'm used to editing English as I have my kids write diaries weekly. Additionally, my school has the students write a book report once a week.

I have proofread an average of 50 diaries or summaries over the past year and a half. I ride the subway about 40 minutes each way. Most of that time is spent playing DS.

I have never beta tested. However, I do have time to meet your requirements. Please, don't let my low post count deceive you. I just don't have a whole lot to add to conversations here.

So, if you are looking, thank you for the consideration.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
well psyco you know i dont want to accuse anyone here , but i think some or all from the group of 9 ppl you listed joined this project only to get the patch before you release it .

KAge56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shineek said:
well psyco you know i dont want to accuse anyone here , but i think some or all from the group of 9 ppl you listed joined this project only to get the patch before you release it .
I'm pretty sure they all did, but some of them actually wanted to help as well.
I'd love to test but i really don't know anything i should be looking out for so even if i got here before sign-ups closed.
i would just play normally :\

@psyo: ummm, explain wiki editing. i never really understood why people use wiki for beta testing and stuff....

KAge56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahem, just came back to drop a lil 'ol question:

have there been any problems so far? if so, can we know a couple o_o?

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I am very interested in joining your test group in the translation of ASH.

My first language is not english though I speak, write and read fluently. I studied english in high school for three years and got an A- on average (it's called MVG in Sweden where I'm from
tongue.gif
).
I use english everyday since I read news, study (all my university books are in english) and play games. I can say that I have no experience from testing games like this but I think it's something I won't have any problem with.
By the way... I studied IT in high school so I have a very good idea of how to use a wiki.

And the last time I checked I was not a thirteen year old who just wanted to play some cool game before someone else
wink.gif
(I'm 20).

Well that's about it I think. Phone number and all other personal questions is okey once we get to know eachother a bit more
wink.gif
. Good luck with the testing and I pray to something that I get chosen.

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Takanato is excused from the absence. (received a PM)

@shineek
You always need to expect something like this..

@Kage56
There were several, but I believe most of them are fixed. Just one more that I am working at, where the game freezes when you do something with a black mage (haven't tested it out myself, so I can't confirm this.)

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
psycoblaster said:
My second patch has been downloaded 12 times in total, which means that from the initial 18 people, 6 people don't even check the beta testing pages anymore.

And I can't say that 12 people downloaded the second patch, because someone may have downloaded the patch multiple times.

Leamonde.Halcyon, steirina, Cavane, HaniKazmi and I are the only ones that are actually working right now.
There has been inputs from phoenixclaws, kingdomblade, guild, cavedude, kevinchester, and helix 94. However, most of them has only one or two posts, only when beta testing just had started.
My guess is that the ones who downloaded but did not even help a bit (mosaic, desh_thiere, Takanato, Blaze163, shadowhunter93, Bookwormz13971, krartan, welaeron, kitehimuro) should be immediately cut off from the beta testing list.
I do believe that people can be busy, but it has been already two weeks since beta testing has started. If they continue to be busy, then I guess they should forget about beta testing for this translation and finish up what they really need to.

In my perspective, the 9 testers listed above should be replaced with people who can immediately start working as progression slowed down a lot... and this time, rather than choosing a diverse group, I will restrict this to the people who:
excels in English (Not just fluent, but actually a person who stresses in grammar)
can actually help!

But I'm not sure yet. I'll still need to wait a while before I make any true plans.

Hey there, it's funny that you mention all this, I dunno if you remember me but I was on the testing team few months ago but my personal life got hectic a bit... but last week, juste to see I went back to the page with the spreadsheet and link and all to see if I still have access to the bug page and link page to get a latest patch... but it wasnt there anymore... or link broken... maybe I could've been banned... So I told myself that it was too bad, I missed that and who wouldnt kick me out after a couple of months without news... It's cool. But seeing on how you still are looking for testers. I'd be interested to join back. I have one whole month of vacation and I wanted to catch up on this great game :-)

Let me know if I could. Or Couldnt :-)

takun32

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i cant wait to play this.....BETA TESTERS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so that we outsiders can play it T-T i hope to play this game before 2010, but seeing as the others are lazy or busy,ill probably see it after 2010

psychomantis81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psycoblaster:

It's unfortunate about the beta testers that seem to be slacking off on the project; hopefully they weren't just attempting to get your patch early and truly wanted to contribute to the cause.

In light of the situation, if you could use more people on the project, I would love to contribute rather than sit on the sidelines drooling like so many others. As for making myself look "good", I'm a 25 year old unemployed college grad with wayyy too much time on his hands. I am fluent in English, fluent to the point where it annoys me when people misspell common words. I could beta test the hell outta that game for you for at least a few hours a day if you can use me.

Regardless of whether or not you enlist my efforts, I wish you and your team the best.

lonfar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think beta testers should inform any problem to psycoblaster so that he know what going on, leaving no notice could eventually or dishonest ;o

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slave said:
psycoblaster said:

can actually help!

Hey there, it's funny that you mention all this, I dunno if you remember me but I was on the testing team few months ago but my personal life got hectic a bit... but last week, juste to see I went back to the page with the spreadsheet and link and all to see if I still have access to the bug page and link page to get a latest patch... but it wasnt there anymore... or link broken... maybe I could've been banned... So I told myself that it was too bad, I missed that and who wouldnt kick me out after a couple of months without news... It's cool. But seeing on how you still are looking for testers. I'd be interested to join back. I have one whole month of vacation and I wanted to catch up on this great game :-)

Let me know if I could. Or Couldnt :-)
I still remember you... and everybody from the first wave of beta testers.
I did delete the original beta testing spreadsheet :\
And I'll choose my third group of beta testers soon..

CrimsonRose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jeez thats so irresponsable of the "slaking" beta testers to do that to you and everybody waiting patiently.
hate2.gif

Mind if I ask yo how many beta testers are still actually helping out?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's my shpeal.

I've been incredibly unreliable and I'm sorry. My personal life got in the way and I've been detracted from beta testing ever since. Work keeps piling in and instead of beta testing I've been playing other games instead of beta testing like I should. Quite honestly, it's my fault. I take full responsibility. If you wish to find a more reliable, consistent beta tester to take my place, feel free. I just wish to see this game be done with beta testing so that an already great translation can be top-notch. Again, I'm sorry for being inconsistent and unreliable, as well as taking a slot up on a sheet of mostly dedicated testers.

I'll try my best to start playing the game again and contribuiting more. Even if I'm not in further beta releases I'll still provide whatever info I can from the earlier patches you sent to me.

My regards to all the other beta testers. Sorry for not pulling my wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mmmmm uremum
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Always shooting that dairy out uremums tiddies
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My thread front ten years ago got 10,000 views lol
  • DolphinCube @ DolphinCube:
    Sup peps? I rarely talk on here but is there a way to disable the ads that cover the chat a lil. Its annoying at times
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can avoid the ads by becoming a paid Patron.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DolphinCube, or use an adblocker
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i'd recommend ublock origin
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brave browser
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, kinda
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, kinda