Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damnit. How much would I miss out on by just leaving it how it is?
Not sure... in it's current state? Nothing, you have the hax installed properly and, as I said, the sector.bin is most likely never going to change again (unless someone wants to start searching for keys that do something again, but it took 12 million different tries to get the one we have :P)

Last edited by dark_samus3,
Reactions: peteruk

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damnit. How much would I miss out on by just leaving it how it is?
If you still have your 2.1 sysnand, you should be able to downgrade directly to that instead of going through the entire guide again. Just back up the folders on your SD card and back up your current sysnand as well. If you don't have it though, guess you'll have to go through the process again.

This is also why I always keep a copy of OTP.bin on the root of my SD card. Never know when I might lose track of the thing.

Last edited by FenrirWolf,
Reactions: klear

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you still have your 2.1 sysnand, you should be able to downgrade directly to that instead of going through the entire guide again. Just back up the folders on your SD card and back up your current sysnand as well.

If you don't have it though, guess you'll have to go through the process again.
Who would still have their 2.1 sysnand? The first thing you should've done after getting your OTP was restoring your 9.2 sysnand.

Inb4 I still do.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By that I mean your 2.1 NAND image that you create as part of the guide =P
I still have mine, and I'll keep it... who knows how useful it'll be in the future? Especially after all the work I did getting down to 2.1
I understand now. I thought he meant like currently your sysnand is still on 2.1. I couldn't tell he was talking about his backup. My mistake

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not sure... in it's current state? Nothing, you have the hax installed properly and, as I said, the sector.bin is most likely never going to change again (unless someone wants to start searching for keys that do something again, but it took 12 million different tries to get the one we have :P)
Is it just the sd restart thing so far? and what would more keys enable us to do?
If you still have your 2.1 sysnand, you should be able to downgrade directly to that instead of going through the entire guide again. Just back up the folders on your SD card and back up your current sysnand as well. If you don't have it though, guess you'll have to go through the process again.

This is also why I always keep a copy of OTP.bin on the root of my SD card. Never know when I might lose track of the thing.
Well ill look for it now and do the things again if i miss out on things but i probably will just do it anyway because its a good file to have... right?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's always good to keep your OTP around. Like I said I keep a copy of it on my SD card just so I always know where I can get it from. I also kept the entire folder structure that I created while following the OTP guide, since that has my 2.1 sysnand backup in there plus all the tools needed to do stuff on 2.1 if I ever need to go back to it.

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, it's always good to keep your OTP around. Like I said I keep a copy of it on my SD card just so I always know where I can get it from. I also kept the entire folder structure that I created while following the OTP guide, since that has my 2.1 sysnand backup in there plus all the tools needed to do stuff on 2.1 if I ever need to go back to it.
Alright thank you so much, i would have never thought of getting the unbricked 2.1 sysnand haha. Ill just install this, and get the otp again then reinstall my 10.6 A9LH Sysnand backup?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thank you so much, i would have never thought of getting the unbricked 2.1 sysnand haha. Ill just install this, and get the otp again then reinstall my 10.6 A9LH Sysnand backup?
Yup. Just back up the contents of your SD since you might get a black screen after the downgrade and would need to delete the extdata folder for it to boot up properly.

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yup. Just back up the contents of your SD since you might get a black screen after the downgrade and would need to delete the extdata folder for it to boot up properly.
Got the OTP back again, and I'm putting it along with my nand backups on my sd, 7 hard drives, my other DS sd, burning it to a dvd and then doing all that again and putting it into a time capsule, and uploading that to the cloud.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s