Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
well yea like an hour ago, it would be nice if it only turns on if I actually need it, and on that note is there something like ctrbootmanager for a9lh too? That would be ideal, just when a button is held down screen turns on and I can select some other bin file to load.
Check CtrBootManager's repo. It has now CtrBootManager9. You would have to implement screen init if you want it, tho. Or you could just do the screen init, but set the backlight using i2c later (it doesn't need to be done on ARM11).

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm about to install arm9loaderhax for the first time on my New 3DS. I have sysnand 9.2 and emunand on 10.6 Reinand 3.3. Menuhax is installed on my sysnand. But I have a few questions:

1. Should I uninstall menuhax first?
2. Once I've installed arm9loaderhax and put Reinand 3.3 and its arm9loaderhax.bin file on my SD card, my system should automatically boot into my emunand Reinand CFW right?
3. If I need to access my 9.2 sysnand for some reason. How would I do that after arm9loaderhax is installed?

Thanks
1. You can uninstall it, however, it's not mandatory. menuhax will only trigger when booting sysNAND (if sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked), and if you're booting into sysNAND with A9LH and a 9.2 FIRM, it'll boot like it was doing before.
2. Yes.
3. You can use CtrBootManager9 (which hasn't been compiled yet ?) or BootCtr9 with CakesFW for A9LH; or you can use AuReiNAND, which allows CFW booting into 9.2 sysNAND, 9.6+ sysNAND (you can boot this even with 9.2 on sysNAND) and 9.6+ emuNAND (same this as before), when the updatedsysnand flag isn't set. When the flag updatedsysnand is set, sysNAND and emuNAND are inverted, and emuNAND can be used (when 9.2) to use things like Decrypt9.

Reactions: Selver

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check CtrBootManager's repo. It has now CtrBootManager9. You would have to implement screen init if you want it, tho. Or you could just do the screen init, but set the backlight using i2c later (it doesn't need to be done on ARM11).
Send me a link, please

joseole99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone summarize what happened in two or three weeks? Was busy with exams
Not sure if it was exactly 3 weeks ago but basically a guide for downgrading to 2.1 showed up and everyone is getting their OTPs so they can set up a9lh and bet cold boot from launch. We can now also apply patches to sysnand and update it to 10.6 and have it replace our emunand. It's still advised to keep a 9.2 emunand for decrypt9 tho.

shamalox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I have a problem, my N3ds don't want to power on, the led power off 1 second after I power it on, and I've no arm9loaderhax.bin in my sd card.

EDIT: okay, I'm dumb, I've found the arm9loaderhax.bin, and my 3ds is not bricked, what a relief !

Last edited by shamalox,

shamalox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I saw that, thanks, but I've an another problem, I can't access my emunand, I've stupidly delete my extdata at the beginning of the process, and now the thing is, I'm stuck at the splashscreen, without the ability to do anything :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv