Hacking Are you buying the Supercard DSTWO?

Buying the DSTWO?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What job is that testing?
smileipb2.png

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
its funny how when something new comes out a new pole comes with i
its like a 2 for 1 special

anyways ON Topic: i will definetly be getting dstwo since it will be including he gba emulator and it has pretty good compatibility along with good media

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well maybe if it had "i" support ,fast GUI, multiply video support, and consume small power. Yes

No if i can get it for Christmas if it come out that early.
tongue.gif

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, not a chance, because I know for certain if it comes with an annoying bugs or bad menu layout etc etc, the SC team will NEVER EVER correct it.

remember the history...

..slow memory on their slot-2 range making gba games a joke to play, they used the same memory for each and every revision of the same card for years

..brilliant real time cheat engine made unuseable by not being able to read the cheats..duh

.. archaic slow menu

.. save file names made in old dos format, making similarly named games have saves that were indistinguishable from each other

..a super snotty attitude, where the above and any other fubars were completly left unfixed for years and years at a time..right untill this very day, they simply REFUSE to fix anything ever

bottom line, don't buy their crap ..all the above is true

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, for someone who helps people with their supercards all the time, you sure hate them.
tongue.gif

Honestly I find them pretty much no worse than any other company who makes flashcards. Cyclo in particular has gotten really lazy and won't even make a DSi version of their cart. Supercard team actually has pretty decent support for the important things. And they don't abandon their old cards as much as other companies tend to. Plus, the fact that they are making a new card and LISTENED to everyone's complaints, plus went above and beyond the call of duty to make it a superior card prove they can make something good and listen to customer feedback. Pretty good support if you ask me.

(my opinions of course, despite supercard's faults, I do like them and would buy something from them again. I respect them for listening to customers and going beyond the call of duty with the new features and hardware. As long as they don't go overboard with the price like CycloDS...)

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
I Dont Belive this I have a Acekard 2i For NDS Emulation and then I find out about the IPlayer playing GBA Games so I Order it Yesterday.now Today i found out Supercard has a New Flashcart that Supports both NDS and GBA jeez -.- if its Expensive im not getting it.I stick with IPlayer for GBA Support...

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll definitely buy one if it's the color of a regular DS cart and has side-loading microSD slot. Yes, I am that paranoid.

xeronut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
As an AK2i and iPlayer owner, I'd be hesitant to buy it initially as I've never used any of their products. Unless the Supercard team is actually working with the fellow that ported gpSP to the iPlayer (or even better, have someone working on their own port) and they release the SDK for people to do their own work (PSP-level emulation on the DS would pretty much guarantee I get rid of my old 1000, and horsepower is the only real bottleneck), then I'd take no issue with shelling out $50 for it. Otherwise it'd be redundant for me. Where's the "maybe" option in the poll?

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if the SDK is released so people can write stuff for it and if the SNES and GBA emulators are in a good state right from the start AND updateable. Don't want to get stuck with crappy emulators.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sfg said:
I wonder if people would bother to write homebrew which will work only on this cart, though.
Considering the raw speed of the card itself (~400mhz and 32MB ram) and that it's stacked onto the DS specs, I'd find it hard to believe people WOULDN'T make homebrew for this if they had the ability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves