Are you buying the Supercard DSTWO?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Link5084, Nov 22, 2009.

?

Buying the DSTWO?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Link5084
    OP

Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    Yes, even though I have a DSONEi

2. MasterPenguin

MasterPenguin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 16, 2008
    Canada
    If it gets great SNES support, yup.

3. Danny600kill

Danny600kill xD

Aug 3, 2009
    United States
    Manchester
    yeh, ive never had a supercard so this will be brand new to me, im basically buyin just for the the gba emulator as my brother is getting a Dsi and my Ez 3 in 1 is on its way out.

4. Jotokun

Jotokun GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2008
    United States
    I'll decide once it comes out. I'm interested in it for the GBA, but I'm concerned with the battery life. I'm also concerned about it possibly damaging the DS cartridge slot because of the extra power drain. If people can confirm that it doesn't noticeably affect battery life(like, maybe 10 minutes less), then I'll get one. Otherwise, I'll hold off.

5. swornsecrets

swornsecrets GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2009
    United States
    Baltimore, MD
    What he said. I am very interested in the emulators but the battery consumption kinda scares me.

6. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    I might, but currently I'm relying on my cousin when buying flashcards, as I don't know a place to buy them offline.

...And he's buying me an AK2i.

7. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    It "threatens" to become the best flashcart ever. Though lacking ingame brightness it would support everything the Cyclo does + Dsi + GBA emulation not to mention the enormous potential of homebrew using the builtin CPU's power.

8. dartdude6

dartdude6 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2007
    United States
    I'll have to see DS/GBA/SNES compatibility before I get one of these but assuming it plays what my M3 Real, EZ Flash 3 in 1, and Super Mario RPG, I'm gonna pick up a DSTWO and a DSi.

9. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    definitely would be getting one as long as it is not too expensive like iplayer

10. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Will buy if the GBA and SNES emus are up to scratch

11. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    I'll surely get one. I'm a long time Team SC supporter, and I cannot miss this one [​IMG]

12. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I really don't know. I don't have a DSi and I do have a Slot-2 expansion, so GBA emulation doesn't matter to me. What really interests me is the SNES emulation capabilities. If it can do Super Mario Kart, Star Fox, and SMRPG (although that's doubtful), I'd be really interested in it. Otherwise, the other features are nice but not necessary. I'm a R4 guy. Crude but effective is my way.

13. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I'll get one probably, depending on the price and emulator compatibility I guess. I'm not worried about the power consumption really. People have tested the iPlayer and said the battery life drainage is negligible at worst. This card has the same hardware, so I'm assuming it will be similar in power consumption.

iPlayer is currently like $35 on dealextreme. It would be NICE if the price were lower for Supercard, and it may be. But honestly, considering what you're getting, I wouldn't really fault them for pricing it as such. Assuming the emulators work well, we're getting the equivalent of a slot-2 card (and we assume real time saving on GBA games) plus a Super NES console to boot. Well worth the extra price. And considering people once thought CycloDS was the top card to get @ $50, I wouldn't think $35 is so much to pay, since it has a lot more features than CycloDS.

Seriously though, I REALLY want to see the card in action. Especially the SNES and GBA compatibility.

14. Hatsu

Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Banned
    Oct 19, 2009
    __________________ Warn: 50%
    I'll get one depending on the price.

15. House Spider

House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Banned
    Apr 25, 2009
    Dundalk
    Of course, I love Supercard they have good Homebrew support.

16. stab244

stab244 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 1, 2008
    United States
    Why isn't there a maybe option? That's what I'm going to pick.

17. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Same here - Where's the 'Maybe'

I 'Maybe' buying it - but it really depends on the interface/firmware & also homebrew compatibility etc
    Is it gonna be a DSOne interface or a Iplayer interface, perhaps a DSision or Moonshell/Sakura clone ????

I would truely love to be able to play GBA games on my DSi .....

18. Technik

Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 2, 2009
    United States
    Im gonna get it because iplayer has started a new generation of flashcarts. And i cant wait to start playing gba on ds and finnaly maybe super mario rpg. I haven't ever gotten a supercard but with all this stuff im gonna get it.

19. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    Maybe and that is all you need to know.

20. wchill

wchill Resident chillxpert

Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    Probably. I have a job to perform when it comes to flashcards anyhow.