The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
View attachment 89478
laptop feels hot after playing Payday 2 specifically
Those temps are fine. More powerful hardware easily reaches 70-80C under full load (stress testing), which are still safe temps, you don't have to worry until it starts getting closer to 90C under full load.
Those temps are a little high for gaming though, but probably not unusual for a laptop.
Maybe run a stress test like AIDA64, it shows you if the CPU is getting hot enough to throttle.
If that isn't enough to get your CPU to run hot and throttle, then nothing will.
Not that throttling is necessarily a bad thing, some computers are designed to throttle.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

ployermick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there a reason why only Payday 2 has this issue? also some time ago shadow warrior (2013) had the same issue

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
laptop starts feeling hot. payday and shadow warrior, they are the only games that do that
That is probably due to them being CPU- and GPU-intensive games. They require more from your computer and therefore makes the computer work harder resulting in higher temperatures.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOT SAFE NOT SAFE
i have a i7 5500u in my main rig and i recommend a fan that sits on the bottom of your laptop the one i have is cooler master fan and it is cheap and has great build qualty and cools it of pretty well and my die has more cores and threads than yours does so it should cool yours off even better

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc