Hacking Are there any ways of using emuNAND other than Gateway and rxTools ?

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
@Genjutsuhh You can either use Devmenu that you installed during the process of setting up emunand or use it to install another title manager like BigBlueMenu (you'll need to google for it)
Devmenu apparently got uninstalled after I unlinked the NAND like it said in the last step of the tutorial. And if I re install it right now while on sysNAND will it still show up in ReiNAND ?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devmenu apparently got uninstalled after I unlinked the NAND like it said in the last step of the tutorial. And if I re install it right now while on sysNAND will it still show up in ReiNAND ?

If your Sys & Emunands are still linked, it should. If not no.
Make sure you shut down > remove internal sd > format sysnand when you're going to unlink the two (if you do)

If that doesn't work, you could try installing to sysnand, then copying the folder "dbs" to the emunands folder: msd/Nintendo 3ds/sys code/sys code/dbs > msd/Nintendo 3ds/emu code/emu code/dbs

Reactions: Genjutsuhh

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
If your Sys & Emunands are still linked, it should. If not no.
Make sure you shut down > remove internal sd > format sysnand when you're going to unlink the two (if you do)

If that doesn't work, you could try installing to sysnand, then copying the folder "dbs" to the emunands folder: msd/Nintendo 3ds/sys code/sys code/dbs > msd/Nintendo 3ds/emu code/emu code/dbs
So should I just copy and replace the folder ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you could try installing to sysnand, then copying the folder "dbs" to the emunands folder: msd/Nintendo 3ds/sys code/sys code/dbs > msd/Nintendo 3ds/emu code/emu code/dbs
I tried this out but Devmenu still wont show up on ReiNAND

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So should I just copy and replace the folder ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried this out but Devmenu still wont show up on ReiNAND

The dbs folder from sys to emu yeah.

Try re-formatting the emunand then. Reinstall to sysnand, then boot into Reinand. It should be on your emu then.
Once you've confirmed it's on the emunand > Turn off > remove msd > turn on and format Sysnand + go through setup process > Turn off > insert msd.
*If you want to unlink the two*

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
The dbs folder from sys to emu yeah.

Try re-formatting the emunand then. Reinstall to sysnand, then boot into Reinand. It should be on your emu then.
Once you've confirmed it's on the emunand > Turn off > remove msd > turn on and format Sysnand + go through setup process > Turn off > insert msd.
*If you want to unlink the two*
So basically I need to re install ReiNAND and go over the tutorial from the beginning again ?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't ReiNAND the emuNAND ? if I'm mistaken then how do I reinstall emuNAND then ?

Reinand is the CFW: It uses the emunand or sysnand if there is no emunand in place.

Cubic Ninja + Gateway QR code > Gateway menu > Format Emunand *Backup the mSD beforehand* > Cubic Ninja + Ninjhax QR > Pasta > Ninjhax > FBI > Devmenu > Boot into Reinand with profile exploit or ninjhax to confirm devmenu transfered.

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Reinand is the CFW: It uses the emunand or sysnand if there is no emunand in place.

Cubic Ninja + Gateway QR code > Gateway menu > Format Emunand *Backup the mSD beforehand* > Cubic Ninja + Ninjhax QR > Pasta > Ninjhax > FBI > Devmenu > Boot into Reinand with profile exploit or ninjhax to confirm devmenu transfered.
I tried out your method and now Devmenu showed up on ReiNAND. Now I'll try installing smash bros through it and let you know if it works.

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan

So I tried installing the game but it failed.. It said Summary: Invalid Argument
Here's what I did: Boot up console>Cubic Ninja/Ninjhax>Reinand>Devmenu>Smash Bros

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried installing the game but it failed.. It said Summary: Invalid Argument
Here's what I did: Boot up console>Cubic Ninja/Ninjhax>Reinand>Devmenu>Smash Bros

You could try googling: bigbluemenu.cia
Trying that as a title manager to install your game.
Or you could try redownloading the game, it's possible that it didn't download properly. Could also try getting it from another source.

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Or you could try redownloading the game, it's possible that it didn't download properly. Could also try getting it from another source.
I noticed that mostly larger games are giving this error.. I tried Cubic Ninja and it installed without a problem. I'll still try out BigBlueMenu to see if it works

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I tried using BigBlueMenu. I also downloaded from multiple sources.. Its still giving me an error each time.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using BigBlueMenu. I also downloaded from multiple sources.. Its still giving me an error each time.

Not sure if it'd give the same error, but make sure you have enough space for both the cia and the installation of it (Double the size of the cia)
Try getting the rom from another source.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you try to install a 4gig cia you need 8-9 gigs of free space if you're still getting errors it's your Micro sd card its either dead, dying, fake.

Genjutsuhh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
If you try to install a 4gig cia you need 8-9 gigs of free space if you're still getting errors it's your Micro sd card its either dead, dying, fake.
I'm using a 32 gig so I'm pretty sure its not a space problem. I don't think its fake or dead either since I installed cubic Ninja without problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F