Homebrew Are there any 3DS emulator for the switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kameryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when you say Lakka - do you mean that Citra runs well on Switch if you have Lakka installed?
what version of Citra works best for that?
TBH I haven't tried lakka myself, last I looked it wasn't substantial enough of an improvement to warrant the effort (android and linux both seem mediocre in and of themselves on the switch hardware);

BUT don't take my word for it, check youtube for demos of it in action and peoples latest attempts, maybe things have improved by now.

fayt4586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a Citra core build for retroarch however it very unstable and not many games work for it. Many games freeze jitter or crash. Also they haven't updated it in ages.
Now for normal nds melon standalone is the best.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH I haven't tried lakka myself, last I looked it wasn't substantial enough of an improvement to warrant the effort (android and linux both seem mediocre in and of themselves on the switch hardware);

BUT don't take my word for it, check youtube for demos of it in action and peoples latest attempts, maybe things have improved by now.
lakka is vastly better for 3d consoles in general due to vulkan support.

noahgambles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better solution: Get a PC than can run Yuzu and enjoy Switch games in 4K and buy a used New 3DS XL so you can run 3D games in 3D since it is impossible to run these games in 3D on anything other than real hardware.
Impossible you say? It probably wont happen but it is theoretically possible on PC with the right hardware. Nvidia makes this 3D glasses set, they're kinda expensive, they have to charge and also interact with a peripheral device, buuut they are compatible with Dolphin and playing Melee in stereoscopic 3D (on a big ol projector screen) was awesome. Having that same experience with 3DS games would also be awesome.

I understand that generating a 2nd image in dolphin to make the 3d effect is much different from utilizing the exact 3d setup that's originally intended for 3ds hardware. However I think it's an interesting pipe dream nonetheless.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Impossible you say? It probably wont happen but it is theoretically possible on PC with the right hardware. Nvidia makes this 3D glasses set, they're kinda expensive, they have to charge and also interact with a peripheral device, buuut they are compatible with Dolphin and playing Melee in stereoscopic 3D (on a big ol projector screen) was awesome. Having that same experience with 3DS games would also be awesome.

I understand that generating a 2nd image in dolphin to make the 3d effect is much different from utilizing the exact 3d setup that's originally intended for 3ds hardware. However I think it's an interesting pipe dream nonetheless.
most people didn't even use the 3D effect for longer than maybe 5 minutes anyway. it was a nice gimmick at best

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I use the 3D effect for a pretty long time. Even watched movies on 3D without problem. Don´t know if most people don´t used it, but I sure as hell did (still do)

And now, to the point, is there a citra core? (updated one) Because I have the beta one and have not seen any new one arise.

Reactions: impeeza

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was much more useable on n3ds, and plenty of us were stubborn enough to stick it out on o3ds anyway :rofl:
I have a n3dsXL and still used it for like 5 min per game before turning it off. for me it was more the fact of certain colors pop out more between the two images such as white which just makes it look odd and makes objects appear where they shouldn't be when combining the two images. not to mention the horrible battery drain lol.

Last edited by deathblade200,
Reactions: hippy dave

Yulian_guardsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
there is but do people really realistically expect the switch to play the last gen handheld at playable speeds beyond a few exceptions? if so people are more naïve than I thought
Well its expected with moore's law being the subtle undertone of the whole point of getting a new console. The last and current generation are simply not worth caring about due to the lack of games primarily so its better to just emulate and not care about the perpetually butthurt whiner crowd who always have something to bitch and moan about.

Last edited by Yulian_guardsman,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That green LED on the face shinning at you tho