Gaming Are the DS's at the end of their lifespan?

Marauding

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How can you overlook the new pokemon games like they don't really matter? (Not to mention they're probably gonna release something like Pokemon Onyx or something)
But I kind of agree, since the 3DS is coming out in the next couple of years it might stop getting big releases.
ohnoes.png

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes
But it depends on the point of view....
If you think about the mayor franchises of Nintendo, they will never get another release for the DS. Instead, they will move on to the new 3DS. Nobody can ague with that. The last DS Zelda game will be Spirits Tracks, the last DS Pokemon game will be B&W and his "uptaded" version (Pokemon Grey?
tongue.gif
) (we are talking about the RPG games), the last DS Metroid game will be Prime Hunters (the pinball game doesn’t count
closedeyes.gif
), and it goes on and on.

But, if you think about 3rd party producers... they will make at least a couple of games before the complete death of the DS. So...you could say that it have a little more lifespan. 1 year maybe?

Anyway, I think that this handheld generation is reaching the end, and that is the way it should be.

Asking about the Wii is another thing.... I don’t know WTF is going to happen. Sony and Microsoft next "step" is the already know (and copied) motion gameplay add to his current consoles (PS3 and 360). But.... what about the Wii? That could be only answered in a few days.

E3... I´m waiting for you!!!!!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
the DS in 3DS DOSENT stand for Duel Screen; it most likely stands for 3 Dimensional System

We already know for a fact that the 3DS will offer DS backward compatibility, which means we can assume the 3DS will absolutely be a dual-screen system.

SolDav

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
GeekyGuy said:
zeromac said:
the DS in 3DS DOSENT stand for Duel Screen; it most likely stands for 3 Dimensional System

We already know for a fact that the 3DS will offer DS backward compatibility, which means we can assume the 3DS will absolutely be a dual-screen system.

Or a triple-screen systeem... Or it could have a giant screen that can accommodate both DS screens... Don't assume anything yet
rolleyes.gif
I'm ready to be surprised

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Experience shows us that as soon as a new handheld is brought out the old one dies within a year orso, how many GBA games were brought in the last few years?

But yea backward comp will save the games but not the console

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Marauding said:
How can you overlook the new pokemon games like they don't really matter? (Not to mention they're probably gonna release something like Pokemon Onyx or something)
But I kind of agree, since the 3DS is coming out in the next couple of years it might stop getting big releases.
ohnoes.png

Because to alot of people they don't matter....

liltorchic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I did include the pokemans... I was just thinking this because I was thinking that nintendo probably wont release many more huge DS games, a la Zelda or Platformer Mario, and are starting to focus more on Wii.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat