OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have taken out my 1tb hdd from my old lenovo laptop to put into my new rig and every time i try a different hdd with the laptop it refuses to show it, even on working laptop drives it does this, is there any reason why?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
could you explain what are you doing exactly?

e.g.
are you booting Linux from a USB stick and trying to mount the HDD but it is not detected?

are you trying to boot, say, from a DVD to install an OS in the HDD you just installed into the laptop and it is not detecteD?

are you expecting the laptop to boot from the HDD you just installed without an OS?

etc.

Reactions: DarthDub and ThoD

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a laptop where if you add an mSATA drive to it, it will absolutely refuse to boot from the regular SATA drive, no matter what. (I got around this by installing GRUB2, but still...) Shitty practice by laptop makers.

Last edited by Jayro,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This morning I came to the office and I saw I'd left out since yesterday over my desk one of those croissants with a sausage so typical from Germany. I know what you might be thinking "hey, dirty asshole, clean up your desk before you go!" or whatever.

The thing is it looked so tempting, I gulped it down... But it was basically a sausage (inside a croissant) that was out in ambient room temperature for a whole day, not a good idea. I wonder why am I such an idiot sometimes. Well, if I end up in the hospital I guess I could skip the office on Friday, yey! /s

Oh, wait, that was off-topic... All of this is off-topic actually, that is what I came to say originally, the problem in this thread is

[ALREADY SOLVED]

If you don't believe me, just take a look and read all the previous posts.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1