Hardware Are digital copies of games tied to xbox accounts or consoles?

rs1n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last Christmas, we got an XBOX ONE S with the Minecraft bundle. I went ahead and installed Minecraft and the additional add-ons that came with it. We have literally played on this console three times (we have other systems that keep us pretty entertained) and are thinking of selling or even trading it for a PS4 (mainly because the XBOX ONE is not "tinker-able" for me, and no one else in our house seems interested in it). So my question is basically whether the games I installed are tied to account I made or the console itself (asking because I want to know if I can reset the thing to sell and possibly transfer ownership of Minecraft).

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The installed xbox one games are tied to the account and to the console designated as "home console". So is in theory possible but as soon as you change the home console setting on your xbox live account and the new owner of your console goes online the game will be deactivated. You cannot sell digital games or your micorsoft account with games (I mean, there are people doing it but the buyer risk to have nothing if you reclaim back your account).

Reactions: rs1n

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person