Hacking archives (*.ehp, *.cip) in yu-gi-oh! tag force-games

Unknown Roamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the card album, they weren't there, another file says cardh_j.cip and these are the types of images that show up. I'm looking for the high res ones and so far I can't seem to find them.
7200(13).png
7200(9).png
7200(30).png

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you guys sure that the artworks in ARC-V are HD? I look at the size of the iso and it's... well, smaller than the other games in the Tag force series. That got me thinking that some graphic aspect of the game were reduced to shrink the game to that size. Now I hope that it's not the card artworks, as the graphic of the ingame enviroment and maps was significantly reduced, but when I tried zooming the artworks, which would have result in HD artworks in the other TF games, well, this one (ARC V) gave me a lower, almost broken version of the artwork.

pokefox87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a package I put together with the tools and a few helpful batch files.
one to batch extract CIP/EHP files and one to batch convert GIMs to PNGs
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?68lktqjei1fxduy

Tested and works on most of the CIP and EHP files in Yu-Gi-Oh 5 (USA), could work on the older games too...

Does anyone still have the tools that Ris312 posted? I have both texter and gimconv but I need the batch files to be able to convert thousands of ehp/cip files into png. It would really help.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have the Batch files from the OP?

Also Has anyone been able to find out what is in the cardj256_j.cip file? It seems it would be the higher quality card artworks due to its size but there don't appear to be any GIM images in it. The games contain nice high quality images as you can easily view them while in the Card Album by pressing X while viewing a particular card. You can even zoom the image in/out and rotate it. I could use a plugin to screenshot all 6000+ images but I really don't want to have to do that.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

Nondas

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does anyone still have the tools that Ris312 posted? I have both texter and gimconv but I need the batch files to be able to convert thousands of ehp/cip files into png. It would really help.
Unfortunately as pokefox said texter is not enough to extract the ehp/cip files. Batches are needed but the link is not working. I am in need cause my texter closes automatically even if I put it in the same folder with the ehp files and open it with shift-right click as it was suggested above and when I try to open it through command prompt it says "The file is marked read only or is used by another application or it doesn't exist." I have checked that texter.exe is in System32 so that's not the issue. Any help would be really valuable..

Nolee

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does anyone still have the EHP file extractor and converter? I'm trying to translate the first version of the game into my Portuguese language, and unfortunately until now I've only found files that extract GIM files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.