Status
Not open for further replies.

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have the resmod the latest yuzu early access and the 1.1.0 update. Game runs fine but does the Res scaling not work at all? Any setting above 1x has artifacts everywher

So I've managed to find ideal combo for emulation.

Latest Yuzu EA with patch 1.1.0 - overall slowdowns, drops fps to 17-19, especially in cutscenes.

Installed Riujinx 1.1.0.279 (Vulkan version) - works flawlessly with 1.1.0 patch, Vulkan + with 4X res. & 16X AA (res & AA in graphics settings, patches not working), stable 30FPS! Almost no lags, played 2hrs (once experienced slow-down, but find it happens in the moment then Memreduct cleans RAM).
I have 32gb RAM, i7-10700k overclocked to 4.8ghz, and a 3090 ti.

Using the latest Vulkan build, patched, with Ryujinx is a stuttering mess for me. Vulkan does, however, not have the memory leak issue at all. This is on any res with the upscaler. Not to mention there are artifacts with the upscaling that aren't as present with Yuzu.

Yuzu is giving me a pretty stutter-free experience, locked 30 fps.

Wild how different everyone's experiences are lol

w1ll0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Increasing resolution to 2x, 3x, or 4x makes a huge difference in cutscenes. Like a huge difference. I know people stated they are pre-rendered, which makes so sense because cutscenes are definitely impacted by the emulator resolution scaler.

I believe there are some pre-rendered cutscenes, but most are in-engine, so those getting affected by resolution makes sense.

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe there are some pre-rendered cutscenes, but most are in-engine, so getting affected by resolution makes sense.
Yea, the opening scene with the clock is definitely pre-rendered. Someone mentioned there are over 200 pre-rendered cutscenes in the game.

So far, the majority of the cutscenes, even the really intense, high-budget ones, are almost all rendered in-engine.

cocoma

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
In the Digital Fundry's video,they says mono use the new up-sampling to achieve the high resolution,but the original image is low resolution,maybe that is why the image is also not clear by closeing the dynamic resolution
my english is poor^_^

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cocoma

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
In the Digital Fundry's video,they says mono use the new up-sampling to achieve the high resolution,but the original image is low resolution,that is why the image is also not clear by closeing the dynamic resolution
my english is poor^_^

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
In the Digital Fundry's video,they says mono use the new up-sampling to achieve the high resolution,but the original image is low resolution,that is why the image is also not clear by closeing the dynamic resolution
my english is poor^_^

The tmaa can be disabled in the config

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Increasing resolution to 2x, 3x, or 4x makes a huge difference in cutscenes. Like a huge difference. I know people stated they are pre-rendered, which makes so sense because cutscenes are definitely impacted by the emulator resolution scaler.

Some cutscenes are prerenderd, some are real time.

AFAIK all cutscenes with heavy chromatic aberration near left / right edge of screen are prerenderd.

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game only stutters for me when building shaders, other than that perfect 30 fps. On Yuzu. However my config I used to play all of XBC2 looks MILES better than any ResMod for XBC3 yet, and no Vulkan so shader building is slow AF and can't use FSR which helps a huge amount. Definitely need a emulator update to get Vulkan working with XBC3 and then the game will run near perfect, just need a good ResMod.

Red_BY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
In files there is also a file called "lib_pc.bin" that is not used by executable, but if anybody is curious what devs used to play it on PC, those are differences:
Code:
red_Auto = true -> false
tmaaSharpness_5 = 0.9 -> 0.7
tmaaSharpness_Hnd_5 = 1.3 -> 0.4
tmaaNewUpScale = true -> false
If anyone wants it I compiled those settings into a config. Additionally I also disabled dynamic resolution. Comes in two versions, Switch and Emu, only difference is that Emu Version also has ColReduction disabled so it can scale properly on emulators.
To install on Yuzu or Ryujinx just drop Config folder into your emulators mod location, on Switch install as usual.

Attachments

• XC3Config_DevSettings_Emu.rar
    3.4 KB · Views: 56
  • XC3Config_DevSettings_Switch.rar
    3.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by Red_BY,

snk2

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

Nzkroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If anyone wants it I compiled those settings into a config. Additionally I also disabled dynamic resolution. Comes in two versions, Switch and Emu, only difference is that Emu Version also has ColReduction disabled so it can scale properly on emulators.
How do i enable them in emu?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
setting resolution to 1.0 means that the dynamic res is disabled?

also, is your patch for ver. 1.1.0 ?
the configs arn't for certain versions thats the ips job. and as far as I've seen it turns off dynamic res I also set red_auto to false but not sure if that actually does anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: