OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this MAY not be in the right section, didn't know where else to put it haha

I've decided to begin a project using the wii as a base for all emulation in an arcade style standing cabinet with a wii and TV inside.

I realise that there will be ALOT of excess space inside the lower section of the machine obviously, but it would fit perfectly where my TV currently is in the bedroom as a whole cabinet.

the only issue i have with this idea is the controls, i want to have the controls on the cabinet in true arcade style. I wanted all the buttons for P1 and P2 to be wired to gamecube ports 1 and 2 (possibly 3 and 4 another time but stick to 2 for now) because you can use GC control pads for near if not all emulators for wii now.

I originally thought by just adding push buttons where the gamecube buttons would complete a circuit would work, if anyone can grasp that haha but after thinking about how it would work all day i ran into the issue that i have no idea which colours used within the cable are for which button, or if it would work at all after considering the circuit board inside the controller would be removed (i was thinking it might be possible to remove original button and add soldered wire to bridge the connection on the board with a push button in between to complete the circuit?).

so basically i'm here to ask if it's possible for me to wire a dissasembled GC control and use the wires in cabinet style push button ways, and if there's a way to integrate/ convert the control stick section of the control to function as the arcade joystick.

if anyone can help, they are truly a godsend and genius!

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
try asking over at http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/
they build that kind of stuff all the time.
Yea Hyperspin also make what I think, is one of the best arcade frontends out there
smile.gif
Their frontend is just really sexy and i recommend using it if you do build a arcade cab

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k