Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Translated from tweakers.net using Google Translate
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
The hack was "Muscle Nerd" the iPhone Dev Team announced on Twitter. In a video on YouTube shows how MuscleNerd ssh root access to the device. MuscleNerd uses the 'Spirit'-jailbreak, which was announced recently and benefits from a leak in version 3.2 of iPhone OS, the version used by the iPad. It is called an untethered, jailbreak, with no help from other equipment necessary for the jailbreak to work as the iPad is turned on again.

Very important information about the hack is further yet, and there is no tool that allows users to release their own iPad can jailbreak. This will probably not be long in coming. Therefore, the jailbreak it should be further developed in the film is to see how we can ssh commands are executed on the iPad. A jailbreak also interesting for consumers, make it possible to direct the iPad commands to execute. Then such applications outside the App Store to be installed. Chances are that Apple soon with a firmware upgrade will be that the leak.

IPad was the last Saturday in sales. Analysts estimate that between 600,000 and 700,000 Saturday IPAD been sold, reports Cnet. That includes pre-orders. This sells the tablet better than the first iPhone at its release in 2007, of which Apple sold the first weekend approximately 500,000 copies. In general, there were no long queues at the shops that sold the unit, exceptions: in a large New York shopping 730 people in line would have been for an iPad to get.

Thanks to tweakers.net for the news!

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought not all iPod Touch models could have an untethered jailbroken yet. Maybe I'm wrong and that's been bypassed now but its rather funny that their older models have resisted attacks but the iPad fell in 24hours. Well, the bigger they are...

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Jamstruth said:
I thought not all iPod Touch models could have an untethered jailbroken yet. Maybe I'm wrong and that's been bypassed now but its rather funny that their older models have resisted attacks but the iPad fell in 24hours. Well, the bigger they are...
More like "the iPad is just a bigger iPhone, so we'll use already existing exploits, which will work as they're the same, just with a bigger screen"
smileipb2.png

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
You are correct, but Geohot has come through with an untethered jailbreak for all devices. It hasn't been released yet though

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dark Blade said:
Rockstar said:
thats what they deserve for making this shit
Oh please. Seen the graphics? Imagine the number of possibilities this has opened up in the HB department.
Seen the price tag?
Seen the size?
Seen the shit look?
Seen how embarrassing it would be holding that square in public?
rolleyes.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rockstar said:

I'd hardly call the Ipad "shit". its in the same position as the psp really, not really worth it if you are going to just play retail games on it but if you flash it and use emulators and stuff it turns out to be a really good machine.

Iphone/Ipod touch's homebrew community is huge, chances are homebrew on the ipad is going to be great. its more powerful than the 3gs which is doing ps1 and n64 emulation extremely well. zodd already has his snes emulator running on the ipad.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cermage said:
Rockstar said:

I'd hardly call the Ipad "shit". its in the same position as the psp really, not really worth it if you are going to just play retail games on it but if you flash it and use emulators and stuff it turns out to be a really good machine.

Iphone/Ipod touch's homebrew community is huge, chances are homebrew on the ipad is going to be great. its more powerful than the 3gs which is doing ps1 and n64 emulation extremely well. zodd already has his snes emulator running on the ipad.
Ugh thats what I mean they(apple) made shit(the normal ipad) so they deserve this because since they made shit, this is gonna make the shit to something better
laugh.gif

Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
Dark Blade said:
Rockstar said:
Oh please. Seen the graphics? Imagine the number of possibilities this has opened up in the HB department.
Seen the price tag?
Seen the size?
Seen the shit look?
rolleyes.gif
Oh right. I realise you prefer holding the Dsi XL.
So now I can ask you:

Seen the price tag?
Seen the size?
Seen the shit look?
Seen how embarrassing it would be holding that MASSIVE THING in public?

If you like THAT
wtf.gif
, you shouldn't have any problems with this.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
Dark Blade said:
Rockstar said:
Seen the price tag?
Seen the size?
Seen the shit look?
rolleyes.gif
I only see the price tag as a problem. The other problems? How would it be embarrassing holding it in public when you know it's just showing off how you can spend your money? And I wouldn't say it's in the same position as the PSP...seeing as the PSP does have some great games and doesn't start at $499.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dark Blade said:
Rockstar said:
Dark Blade said:
Rockstar said:
Seen the price tag?
Seen the size?
Seen the shit look?
rolleyes.gif
Oh right. I realise you prefer holding the Dsi XL.
So now I can ask you:

Seen the price tag?
Seen the size?
Seen the shit look?
Seen how embarrassing it would be holding that MASSIVE THING in public?

If you like THAT
wtf.gif
, you shouldn't have any problems with this.
DSi XL is way cheaper, way smaller and way sleeker looking than this

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
Cermage said:
Rockstar said:

Ugh thats what I mean they(apple) made shit(the normal ipad) so they deserve this because since they made shit, this is gonna make the shit to something better
laugh.gif

cause you know, the appstore doesn't have any decent apps at all.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I like that one app in the AppStore that costs more than the highest priced Sku possible. Awesome.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cermage said:
Rockstar said:
Cermage said:
Rockstar said:

laugh.gif

cause you know, the appstore doesn't have any decent apps at all.
It has a few but yeah that store is loaded with crap mostly imo, getting cydia makes it a bit decent but again thats hacking

@Dark Blade:Have you seen one in real life, if you have then I dont know whats wrong with you and if you have'nt go hold it aand then go hold your normal ds and your gonna go "Ugh I cant belive I use this thing"
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again