Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
Canadians use a variety of postal services. It's always helpful to know approximately what time they will ship. I know Canada Post comes by my house with letters and small parcels at approx 10:00, larger parcels at approximately 10:30, UPS, Purolator varies from 12:00 to 1:00, DHL from 2:00 to 4:00. It is a horrible system seeing as all these times are when I'm at school, but thankfully I have people in the house all the time.

Not really Apple's fault.

BTW, what happened to your hatred against iPod sinkhead? I thought you were a zune fan. I'm actually going to get another iPod Classic over the next few days, only it has enough memory for me. The nano looks kinda meh to me...

Noooo. Get the new Zune.

Also, yes, the new Nano is pretty meh to me as well.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[Insert comment about why brand is a better mp3 player purchase then an overpriced ipod nano]
Meizu (I would take that thumbstrip over a click wheel any day of the week)
Sandisk
...Microsoft?
And whatever other brand fills in the blank nicely

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
Not saying the Zune is bad or anything, but honestly I'm not playing to use these to the max or anything. Basically Apple's iPod has it nailed down, I've used them enough so that the interface is very natural to me, not to mention everyone has one, and it is the norm to get an Apple product. I am aware of Zune's superior features, but I'm not in need of it.

I don't see why just because everyone has one, you should get it as well. I mean, sure it's good to go with the flow, but sometimes you can just get better products at better prices.

Still, I understand that you'd be leaning toward the Classic more, since you're much more used to its interface. It's only natural that the person would prefer to keep it as it is.

Well, just to let you know, the Zune is on sale right now for 199 at futureshop. If you ever change your mind, you should get it now, lol.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
Don't worry, I've well considered the Zune, and I've definitely looked into it, and they are obviously doing something right if Apple's nano design is moving towards the Zune.

Something I like about the iPods is that I've been using them for a while, and they LAST long. When I went to futureshop, their display models of the Zune felt sort of cheap (most likely because it is a display model), and the interface just didn't feel as smooth as the iPod. Whereas I still have an iPod Mini from years back, working great, my friend still has the 3rd gen iPod I sold to him, working great. And accessories are easier to buy for iPods, etc. I've thought it over, I am highly tempted to get a Zune, probably in the near future just for the heck of it.

Also, I had a few Creative products, and I thought the Zen Vision was reaaalllyyyyy nice, and my first serious MP3 that I began using nonstop was the Creative Zen Micro, which was also quite nice. If they released a new MP3 player, following the Zen Vision, high capacity, etc, I'd probably buy it over the iPod any day.

Its unfortunate that Creative is digging up their own grave. Their new players aren't so special, or even that great. The X-Fi (You can say it's an update to the Zen), has lots of wasted potential, and the Mosaic is just.........

I kind of dislike Creative since the Zen felt like it was going to break easily. But it was a good player. Though I heard it had a lot of lock-up problems.....

Anyways, Enjoy your new player!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tsimehC said:
Do you have neighbours that can be trusted? When you're expected stuff just pin a note up on your door before you head out.

GOOD IDEA!!

where do you live ??

.....NOW I KNOW YOUR 100% OUTTA THE HOUSE from your note ....I can come and BURGLE YOU and take your TV that needs a wall bracket!

Bit of a DUMB IDEA?

did you not think of that??

lion1rf4.jpg

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bah. I was angry when I wrote this, hence the slight non-sensical-ness of it all.

The reason I hate Apple is because they used some random shitty delivery company instead of using Royal Mail. There is a Post Office in pretty much every village. They're there, why not use them?

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
moozxy said:
ScuberSteve said:
lol, UK fails.
Canadians get UPS.
I got UPS sent to me when I sent my iPod for repairs but that was like 3 years ago.
lol u all sux. We have sun, and paella, and hot women (of which many come from your countries) and UPS and TNT and SEUR and DHL and FedEx and Royal Postal Service Air Mail and wohooooo!!!!!

Ok, fake patriotism apart:
kobykaan, it's not such a bad idea to do that when you actually trust some of your neighbours. As he specified on his answer. Bit of a dumb answer to a good post? I've actually have that done several times when I was away with items worth over 250 euro. Not a problem, mate.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maktub said:
kobykaan, it's not such a bad idea to do that when you actually trust some of your neighbours. As he specified on his answer. Bit of a dumb answer to a good post? I've actually have that done several times when I was away with items worth over 250 euro. Not a problem, mate.

Live in the UK .. if someone leaves a note that they are out..... please leave package at next door etc is an open invite to get burgled it shows that NO ONE IS HOME the house is EMPTY of OCCUPANTS!

and there's also nothing to stop someone intercepting the delivery driver and pretending to be the home owner knowing the proper homeowner is not in!

yes not everywhere is like this.... but the note idea is not really a sensible one for reasons mentioned above!

yes your neighbor can be trusted.... I meant the opportunist burglar will know what signs to look for for an empty house and the note is an obvious one!

@sinkhead courier should redeliver too if you ask them too they usually give 2 attempts before its return to where you ordered from
smile.gif

Musturd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm....
Where to start my apple sucks rant?
Skip this Rant only IF you are a director of a motion picture that has a massive budget (Final Cut Pro). Otherwize you shouldn't any apple products.
I am 100% sure I will be flamed by this. But wth. Here's my two cents:

Apple Sucks. Basically.

1. All apple products are designed for people too stupid to use a PC, are you stupid? no, your reading right now. Reading requires a kindergarten to 2nd grade mind. Macs are for people with pre-school minds (even though I used Windows 3.1 when I was in preschool
blink.gif
)
2. All apple products have a time bomb in them. Don't believe me? Find one person who has a working iPod Mini (without having gotten it fixed). Yah, you probably can't. They usually break within a few months after your warranty ends. I have proof. I have evidence. 80% of the people with laptops at my school have apples mac books. All of my friends have had to repair their laptop at some time.
ph34r.gif

On a side note, you may argue that some windows computers break. If it's the hardware that's the manufacturer's fault (THERE IS MORE THAN ONE TO CHOOSE FROM). If it's software that's your fault. And if it's software who really cares. Factory default restore! It is relatively easy to replace programs, and just save your important docs on another partition or upload them. "What about my iTunes music?" you cry.

3. iTunes. Sucks. They poor a sh*tload of encryption on their files, and for what? Try converting your music to mp3. It's practically impossible (there may be a way, but not that I know of). Wow, now try to put a blank cd in your drive. Then click burn. Now rip the song files as .mp3s. Ooh, nice super encryption. I guess that would be satisfactory if it transfered the ID3 tags. IT DOESNT. You have to retype in all the song info. Use a freaking different music manager. What about your iPod? How do I put music on that?
4. Let's rephrase that. How do I waste $200 (or more!) on a device that has incredibly low storage space. Buy a DS and a flash cart and get lmp-ng -- that should be enough! Then you can do other things on your DS like play games (FOR CHEAPER THAN THE IPOD)
5. How about Mac computers (when their time bomb hasn't been set off)? A one click mouse. That's convenient. Actually it's not. I don't want to have to hold control to right click. I should be able to click with my right finger. I like the lack speaker holes in the casing of their laptops too. Also, you may say "Look at my awesome virus protection!" Your computer isn't protected ANY better than a windows computer. It's just that virus programmers are too lazy to write viruses for Macs (though I would if it were legal
ph34r.gif
). Almost all hacks (not H4X, hacks -- little useful programs cooked up) on the internet are for windows/linux only. Coincidence? I think not. The people smart enough to make useful programs run windows/linux and not mac. There is a list of trillions of fun and interesting things you can do on a windows computer and only a few on macs. Listen to music. Go on the internet. Take stupid pictures of yourself. Somewhat program (not really though). That's all I can think of at the moment. Hmm 4. Want a small portion of the list of things for Windows? Music, Internet, Programming, reverse engineering -- (Hak5 watch episodes 402pt1 and 403pt2), process training -- CheatEngine, ROM hacking, etc.

Flame away mother f*****s!

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Musturd said:
hmm....
Where to start my apple sucks rant?
Skip this Rant only IF you are a director of a motion picture that has a massive budget (Final Cut Pro). Otherwize you shouldn't any apple products.
I am 100% sure I will be flamed by this. But wth. Here's my two cents:

Apple Sucks. Basically.

1. All apple products are designed for people too stupid to use a PC, are you stupid? no, your reading right now. Reading requires a kindergarten to 2nd grade mind. Macs are for people with pre-school minds (even though I used Windows 3.1 when I was in preschool
blink.gif
)
2. All apple products have a time bomb in them. Don't believe me? Find one person who has a working iPod Mini (without having gotten it fixed). Yah, you probably can't. They usually break within a few months after your warranty ends. I have proof. I have evidence. 80% of the people with laptops at my school have apples mac books. All of my friends have had to repair their laptop at some time.
ph34r.gif

On a side note, you may argue that some windows computers break. If it's the hardware that's the manufacturer's fault (THERE IS MORE THAN ONE TO CHOOSE FROM). If it's software that's your fault. And if it's software who really cares. Factory default restore! It is relatively easy to replace programs, and just save your important docs on another partition or upload them. "What about my iTunes music?" you cry.

3. iTunes. Sucks. They poor a sh*tload of encryption on their files, and for what? Try converting your music to mp3. It's practically impossible (there may be a way, but not that I know of). Wow, now try to put a blank cd in your drive. Then click burn. Now rip the song files as .mp3s. Ooh, nice super encryption. I guess that would be satisfactory if it transfered the ID3 tags. IT DOESNT. You have to retype in all the songs. Use a freaking different music manager. What about your iPod? How do I put music on that?
4. Let's rephrase that. How do I waste $200 (or more!) on a device that has incredibly low storage space. Buy a DS and a flash cart and get lmp-ng -- that should be enough! Then you can do other things on your DS like play games (FOR CHEAPER THAN THE IPOD)
5. How about Mac computers (when their time bomb hasn't been set off)? A one click mouse. That's convenient. Actually it's not. I don't want to have to hold control to right click. I should be able to click with my right finger. I like the lack speaker holes in the casing of their laptops too. Also, you may say "Look at my awesome virus protection!" Your computer isn't protected ANY better than a windows computer. It's just that virus programmers are too lazy to write viruses for Macs (though I would if it were legal
ph34r.gif
). Almost all hacks (not H4X, hacks -- little useful programs cooked up) on the internet are for windows/linux only. Coincidence? I think not. The people smart enough to make useful programs run windows/linux and not mac. There is a list of trillions of fun and interesting things you can do on a windows computer and only a few on macs. Listen to music. Go on the internet. Take stupid pictures of yourself. Somewhat program (not really though). That's all I can think of at the moment. Hmm 4. Want a small portion of the list of things for Windows? Music, Internet, Programming, reverse engineering -- (Hak5 watch episodes 402pt1 and 403pt2), process training -- CheatEngine, ROM hacking, etc.

Flame away mother f*****s!

I respect you now!!
biggrin.gif

can't say i'm a mac fan. I've never used their products, never seen it do something a Windows based computer couldn't. the only reason I really truly hate them is my brother/roommate is such a hardcore fanboy. he calls me pc fanboy because I prefer Pc over mac... no, I'm a gamer, I game and photo munipulate in my free time, mac only does one of the 2... at the same quality (I don't find the mac as a better media machine then a windows computer...

Musturd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
I respect you now!!
biggrin.gif

can't say i'm a mac fan. I've never used their products, never seen it do something a Windows based computer couldn't. the only reason I really truly hate them is my brother/roommate is such a hardcore fanboy. he calls me pc fanboy because I prefer Pc over mac... no, I'm a gamer, I game and photo munipulate in my free time, mac only does one of the 2... at the same quality (I don't find the mac as a better media machine then a windows computer...

I AGREE! I didn't mention the gaming aspect because I thought that this isn't really a PC gaming forum, but I agree.
The only thing macs have over Windows is Final Cut Pro, which, of course, is only slightly better than Sony Vegas, but I don't really do that kind of stuff.

EDIT: I'm going to go sign up on a ton of mac forums and link them to this
ph34r.gif

EDIT:EDIT: Actually, I have a feeling something bad will happen to me if I bring people here. Someone else should do it
tongue.gif

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would like Apple more if they didn't overcharge you on or lock you into hardware.

I would consider trying OSX on a custom built PC, assuming I wouldn't have to jump through all the current hoops like you do now.

Let's hope Phystar's anti-trust lawsuit against Apple succeeds.

Musturd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IBNobody said:
I would like Apple more if they didn't overcharge you on or lock you into hardware.

I would consider trying OSX on a custom built PC, assuming I wouldn't have to jump through all the current hoops like you do now.

Let's hope Phystar's anti-trust lawsuit against Apple succeeds.
Didn't know of the lawsuit. Now I'm happier, even though they don't have much of a chance.
Maybe if you dual booted it would be acceptable... actually it really wouldn't
Name one thing you want in OSX that is not available on windows (besides the childish ease of use (which you obviously don't need since your planning on building a computer))

Musturd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yah I'm double posting...
rolleyes.gif

PharaohsVizier said:
1. Mac computers don't suck, they just have a different take on things, simplicity is not a positive or a negative. Honestly though, I use Windows, always will use Windows.

2. I have a working Mini, my brother bought it, a few weeks after it was first announced, still working strong today, battery life still almost as strong as new, albeit it did lower a bit, get around 7 hours for it. Again, when things break, the first suspect I usually look at is people misusing it.

3. I am not particularly fond of iTunes, I prefer to be able to sync music manually and do it as a removable hard drive sort of deal, but iTunes is in no way buggy or problematic. I have never had problems with them converting my files, I have never had an issue with ripping music from a CD, but I haven't tried the other things you mentioned.

4. Now you are being stupid. The nano is $149.99 for 8GB, which is a decent deal for an MP3 player, but you are also paying for the headphones, the software, everything. At $200+ dollars, you could be getting a classic, 120GB is HUGE. The DS is NOT a music player, moonshell just doesn't cut it.

5. Fair enough.
smile.gif

OK I agree, 4 is a stretch.
I just hate how my least favorite company in existence owns the mp3 player market. They force users to use iTunes. I guess it's counterintuitive to say that I don't like to work to convert files, but I don't like the simplicity of macs.
I wish people would just start getting other company's players like SanDisk and Zune.
I personally, don't listen to much music that's why I use my DS.
I can't believe you have a working from the time you bought it mini. I have never heard that someone has never broken their mini.

BTW, I use lmp-ng not moonshell...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: