I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DrKupo said:
Wrong. The base model has two. Two 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon “Harpertown” processors. You lose! You also have to buy a case, cables, hd, etc to compete. You just built part of a PC.

In addition to that, you can't pirate the OS. You are trying to BEAT the Mac Pro here, and when I buy a Mac Pro I don't have to steal the OS.

Well, that reply was disappointing. I was hoping for something longer. I did all the footwork, and all I get is "you're wrong", without any intelligent discussion on your part?

In that case...

I'm content to being a loser with an extra $2320 in my pocket.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IBNobody said:
DrKupo said:
Wrong. The base model has two. Two 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon “Harpertown” processors. You lose! You also have to buy a case, cables, hd, etc to compete. You just built part of a PC.

In addition to that, you can't pirate the OS. You are trying to BEAT the Mac Pro here, and when I buy a Mac Pro I don't have to steal the OS.

Well, that reply was disappointing. I was hoping for something longer. I did all the footwork, and all I get is "you're wrong", without any intelligent discussion on your part?

In that case...

No, seriously, YOU ARE FACTUALLY INCORRECT. The base mac pro ships with 2 quad core processors. You are wrong! look at the mac pro site, understand that you are wrong, and admit defeat.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DrKupo said:
IBNobody said:
DrKupo said:

In that case...

No, seriously, YOU ARE FACTUALLY INCORRECT. The base mac pro ships with 2 quad core processors. You are wrong! look at the mac pro site, understand that you are wrong, and admit defeat.

So tell me sir, where are the renders that you have done in Maya? I'm dying to see what use that Mac has gone to. The Mac Pro is used for streamlining 3D animation, video and multimedia applications. The only reason you should own one is that it's making you money. If its not making you money, its a very poor investment.

PS: I own an iMac in addition to a PC. The PC is used for gaming, the iMac is used for graphical design.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JKR Firefox said:
When did this become Mac vs. PC?
Doesn't matter...I think this kind of argument is enjoyable actually. Why I find it enjoyable is that people always say one is better than the other...the problem is that no one realizes each of them have their own different primary usages.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Renegade_R said:
JKR Firefox said:
When did this become Mac vs. PC?
Doesn't matter...I think this kind of argument is enjoyable actually. Why I find it enjoyable is that people always say one is better than the other...the problem is that no one realizes each of them have their own different primary usages.

That would be the definition of fanboyism.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Renegade_R said:
DrKupo said:
IBNobody said:
DrKupo said:

In that case...

So tell me sir, where are the renders that you have done in Maya? I'm dying to see what use that Mac has gone to. The Mac Pro is used for streamlining 3D animation, video and multimedia applications. The only reason you should own one is that it's making you money. If its not making you money, its a very poor investment.

PS: I own an iMac in addition to a PC. The PC is used for gaming, the iMac is used for graphical design.

I use Final Cut professionally. I do not use Maya. My home mac pro is used for all sorts of fun stuff, and I see no need to justify my purchase to the children on Gbatemp.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well GBATemp does consist mostly of the younger gamers... (makes me wonder why I hang around here so much myself). Using Final Cut professionally completely justifies the purchase of a Mac Pro as it does tend to struggle a bit on standard iMacs.

To those who don't know, Final Cut Pro is a simply excellent piece of Mac software and it on itself justifies the purchase of a Mac. It really streamlines video processing but it relies more on processor power than video card power. But we're gamers here, not video pros. The necessities are different.

There you have it people. The Mac Pro is making the man money. Argument ends.

Musturd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Other than getting a mac for small kids, or for Final Cut Pro, why would anyone smart get it?
If you don't want windows, than get linux
nyanya.gif

I just want a good reason.
Ease of use, to me anyway, does not justify as a good reason, so don't pull that one.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Musturd said:
Other than getting a mac for small kids, or for Final Cut Pro, why would anyone smart get it?
nyanya.gif

Ease of use, to me anyway, does not justify as a good reason, so don't pull that one.
http://www.apple.com/getamac/whymac/

Other reasons too, won't name cause I won't start a flame war.

S

ScuberSteve

@Mustard
I want to stab so many people on the internet in the face.
But you're special.
I think you should be dismembered, have salt poured over your body, and allow you to heal, leaving you living as a torso, with no legs or arms.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
Musturd said:
nyanya.gif

QUOTE said:
It’s a pleasure to buy and own.
lol

It has the world’s most advanced operating system. And then some.
So advanced... that it can fool average consumers into doings things a PC could do ages ago. And can run a lot of games. Definitely.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Linkiboy said:
Salamantis said:
Musturd said:
nyanya.gif

QUOTE said:
It’s a pleasure to buy and own.
lol

It has the world’s most advanced operating system. And then some.
So advanced... that it can fool average consumers into doings things a PC could do ages ago. And can run a lot of games. Definitely.
ugh... why can't people just realize that Macs are good for some people, and PCs for others? If you game on your computer, which I don't, then don't buy one. It's stupidly simple.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Musturd said:
2. All apple products have a time bomb in them. Don't believe me? Find one person who has a working iPod Mini (without having gotten it fixed). Yah, you probably can't. They usually break within a few months after your warranty ends. I have proof. I have evidence. 80% of the people with laptops at my school have apples mac books. All of my friends have had to repair their laptop at some time.
ph34r.gif
wow 80% exactly huh... what a coincidence. did you know that 80% of statistics are pulled out of the ass?

QUOTE said:
5. How about Mac computers (when their time bomb hasn't been set off)? A one click mouse.
I'm sure anyone who is a kindergartner can plug in a different USB mouse.

Coincidence?
YOU DECIDE!

Now the only apple product I have is the touch... it was definitely worth 200$. But I still rage at fanboys.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
ugh... why can't people just realize that Macs are good for some people, and PCs for others? If you game on your computer, which I don't, then don't buy one. It's stupidly simple.
Why can't people determine the content of my post, but instead instinctively assume that its Mac bashing, whereas I'm making fun of the website?

S

ScuberSteve

Musturd said:
Also, you may say "Look at my awesome virus protection!" Your computer isn't protected ANY better than a windows computer. It's just that virus programmers are too lazy to write viruses for Macs (though I would if it were legal
ph34r.gif
).
Well, aren't you contradicting yourself? If it's so difficult to write these viruses, quite obviously OS X (which is based on UNIX) has some kind of awesome security.

Also, unix is what makes most of these websites stand around. If it wasn't for unix, we wouldn't have linux.
GBAtemp runs on some linux.
Are you bashing linux?
ARE YOU?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto