yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, my iPod was supposed to be delivered today.

Nope.

What was delivered was a sheet of paper telling me that because I was out, they've ran off with my parcel and hidden it in some damp, dingy warehouse nearly 15 miles away from my house.

Now, to me it's quite obvious that during the day the recipitant is going to be out because they will either be at work in order to afford overpriced Apple gadgets, or go to school in order to get a good job in order to buy overpriced Apple gadgets.

I paid for delivery, not short-term storage. I want the parcel delivered to my house, not to some warehouse staffed by the same kind of people that work at Argos. (see Bill Bailey sketch entitled 'Argos')

Grrrr.

So now, because the collection depot closes stupidly early, I have to wait until Saturday morning to make the 40-minute car journey to attempt to retrieve my property.

Excuse me, but that's out of order. I paid £120 for an overpriced Apple gadget, I damn well expect it to be delivered. I don't care if TNT (said shitty delivery company) bid 2 pence cheaper than Royal Mail, because Royal Mail is the UK's delivery company.

What do all small villages have? They have a pub, and a small shop, which is sometimes included in the third essential shop, the Post Office. You know, so we can collect our things without having to waste half a day?

EVERYWHERE HAS ONE.

WHY NOT USE THEM?

GTFO AND LEARN TO POST, APPLE.

Bah.
mad.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're pissed off because you were away and they didn't leave it in the mailbox for security? >__>
Also are all British people that short tempered when it comes to small things? haha

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you cant blame Apple for you not being home during time of arrival. That would be the postage company that was delivering the package. Blame them not Apple.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea, we don't have mailboxes in the UK.

But the main reason I'm pissed off is because they used some weird delivery company no-one has heard of instead of using the standard postal service that is far more accessible to pretty much everybody.

And because I was all excited about getting my present today, and now I have to wait another three days
frown.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sinkhead said:
So, my iPod was supposed to be delivered today.

Nope.

What was delivered was a sheet of paper telling me that because I was out, they've ran off with my parcel and hidden it in some damp, dingy warehouse nearly 15 miles away from my house.

Now, to me it's quite obvious that during the day the recipitant is going to be out because they will either be at work in order to afford overpriced Apple gadgets, or go to school in order to get a good job in order to buy overpriced Apple gadgets.

I paid for delivery, not short-term storage. I want the parcel delivered to my house, not to some warehouse staffed by the same kind of people that work at Argos. (see Bill Bailey sketch entitled 'Argos')

Grrrr.

So now, because the collection depot closes stupidly early, I have to wait until Saturday morning to make the 40-minute car journey to attempt to retrieve my property.

Excuse me, but that's out of order. I paid £120 for an overpriced Apple gadget, I damn well expect it to be delivered. I don't care if TNT (said shitty delivery company) bid 2 pence cheaper than Royal Mail, because Royal Mail is the UK's delivery company.

What do all small villages have? They have a pub, and a small shop, which is sometimes included in the third essential shop, the Post Office. You know, so we can collect our things without having to waste half a day?

EVERYWHERE HAS ONE.

WHY NOT USE THEM?

GTFO AND LEARN TO POST, APPLE.

Bah.
mad.gif

You do actually realise you can have it re delivered to your local post office by using the redelivery phone number on the card or use the royal mail website they charge something like 50p to have it redelivered to your post office thats closest to you ... that you pay when you get there to pick it up
smile.gif

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sinkhead said:

But the main reason I'm pissed off is because they used some weird delivery company no-one has heard of instead of using the standard postal service that is far more accessible to pretty much everybody.

MS keep doing that to me when they sent me my coffin for my dead 360. Instead of mailing it to my address, they utilized Purolator, which is almost one hour away from my house. Purolator kept coming when I wasn't home so I also had to go there on my weekend off and stand around in a line for two hours to get the damn box.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sinkhead said:

... How do you not have mailboxes.. O_0

Im surprised the delivering company doesnt try again to deliver it tomorrow, Pretty much standard procedure here in the States if you use Fedex or UPS ( The main delivering companies other than normal mail)
They deliver it, If your not their they leave a notice saying they will return on the next business day to reattepmt delivery

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, but I'm at school tomorrow as well.

And we have letterboxes. They are slits in the door that you stick letters through.

kobykaan, I usually do that. Parcels are usually dropped off at our local Post Office, but the delivery company, TNT, won't do that, and their nearest depot is ages away
frown.gif
That's why I hate it when companies don't just use Royal Mail.

Ferrariman, it's a 4th gen nano, blue
smile.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Prime said:
Salamantis said:
Sinkhead said:
AHAHAHA
How can you not?

That question has confused me.
It is simple - we don't have mailboxs.
Ehtnocentrism for the win.

It's not any common to find letterboxes as such in Europe. As Salad man tits said, it's usually just a slice cut through the door where you can slip small things into such as letters - not a pack anyways. For that, usually, you just get them delivered right away to your place or if you're absent, they take it away to the post office. If it's a private company, depending on their policy, they'll either phone you and ask what time you'll be there or, as it happened to the OP, get it into a warehouse of their property. That second thing never really happened to me cause when it did I just phoned them and told them to send it again when I'm home.ç

Also, @ OP: I wouldn't say "TNT" is a small unkown company, btw.

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Do you have neighbours that can be trusted? When you're expected stuff just pin a note up on your door before you head out. I had a TV wall bracket but I wasn't home (well I was sleeping...) and it was given to my neighbour for me to collect. Luckily, that neighbour was kind enough to hold onto the parcel.
happy.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
lol, you got owned.

This has happened to me quite a few times, and yes it's frustrating.
However, at least you know there won't be a thieving douche bag who picks your package off your door step after the Post office vehicle leaves.

What iPod did you get and why does it take 40 minutes to travel 15 miles?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto