Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All I can say, is..

Dont toy with Google. They have both the firepower, and the capability to crush any attempt to do so in their path.

I mean, who honestly cares if this guy did work for Apple, that doesn't mean diddly squat. I highly doubt Apple speaks the truth when they say that the "realtime API patent" is truthfully and wholeheartedly theirs. They must just be butthurt that nobody wants to buy their overpriced underpowered devices.

It really does make me laugh though. Apple has no clue who they are going up against.

In fact, heres what I'd say. If Apple does lose this claim/suit/whatever, I propose that the court system strip them of their right to file any claim against Google for the rest of existence. Apple needs to drop dead, EASY! Nobody wants to buy your overpriced $499 Tablet Apple, Nobody has the money right now either. Suck it up and deal with it. Right now, you're only digging a grave for yourself, and quite frankly....it kind of amuses me.

r3l4x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
It could be just me, but with the vast amount of coders working on android project for any number of phones,
the chances of actually completely blocking android from the American public would seem retarded.

If and only if they could make this happen, phones that would run android in other regions should not be
that hard to flash with an android rom since it would be ridiculous to change the hardware completely
depending on the region.

I would call bullshit if I wasn't so convinced Apple had the balls to go through with this if they ever felt Google
was taking away even more of its market share. I think numbers showed that while Apple and its iOS had been
able to carve out a market segment next to Symbian, this dwindled rapidly when Android became the simpler
solution for mobile phone manufacturers.

Nimbus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
r3l4x said:
It could be just me, but with the vast amount of coders working on android project for any number of phones,
the chances of actually completely blocking android from the American public would seem retarded.

If and only if they could make this happen, phones that would run android in other regions should not be
that hard to flash with an android rom since it would be ridiculous to change the hardware completely
depending on the region.

I would call bullshit if I wasn't so convinced Apple had the balls to go through with this if they ever felt Google
was taking away even more of its market share. I think numbers showed that while Apple and its iOS had been
able to carve out a market segment next to Symbian, this dwindled rapidly when Android became the simpler
solution for mobile phone manufacturers.

Yes, and does Apple really think that blocking android will suddenly force Android Devs to cave in and give them their money. Hell no, it'll just spur and spark the flames of hatred, which will ignite the wildfire of revolt soon.

Apples glory days are over. They're just too up-there-in-the-clouds to admit it.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Apple is always so butthurt. Whenever someone makes something better than them they try to shut them down.

I can't think of a company that sucks more than Apple.

Posts merged

Apple is always so butthurt. Whenever someone makes something better than them they try to shut them down.

I can't think of a company that sucks more than Apple.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, this thread has a lot less mindless Apple-hate than I expected!

Awesome
smileipb2.png
Nevermind.

As for this latest thing, I'm pretty sure Apple doesn't have the necessary grounds to go further in it.

Phyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apple is indeed playing dirty now, trying / wanting to eliminate the competition.

Apple is getting ridiculous.
I read in the news that Apple have won a dispute in regards to the Samsung's Galaxy range.
What was the problem? In the Galaxy series, there is a line of code in the Gallery app, that has something to do with swiping between pictures. It breached a one of apples patent (or something - I don't understand all this law haliballoo).

But one line of code. ... about transition from photo to the next?

I know nothing... But I thought that was something ridiculous to take them to court for.

QUOTE said:
The court granted the injunction to Apple, forcing the Android-powered Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Ace phones to be pulled from sale in the next seven weeks. Apple is embroiled in legal action with Samsung over the Galaxy Tab tablet looking too similar to the Apple iPad, but this case is subtly different, as it refers only to the way the photo gallery app works.

The injunction was granted because the court feels the way you swipe and scroll through photos infringes one of Apple's patents, numbered EP2058868. The injunction applies in every country that recognises the patent, prompting Samsung to waste no time in announcing it would change the app.

Nimbus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The court granted the injunction to Apple, forcing the Android-powered Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Ace phones to be pulled from sale in the next seven weeks. Apple is embroiled in legal action with Samsung over the Galaxy Tab tablet looking too similar to the Apple iPad, but this case is subtly different, as it refers only to the way the photo gallery app works.

The injunction was granted because the court feels the way you swipe and scroll through photos infringes one of Apple's patents, numbered EP2058868. The injunction applies in every country that recognises the patent, prompting Samsung to waste no time in announcing it would change the app.

This also humors me...one line of code....one *bleep* line of *explicit* freaking code....

Y u so anal Apple!? Owait!

If I were the owner of a company, and one of my workers/subordanates/whatever came to me and showed me such a thing, my reaction would be "Well whoop de freaking doo!"

Its really not worth the time alone pursuing action over a screen transition. In fact, Patents that govern such widespread abstract concepts should be made illegal on a global scale, and never be given another chance to be made legal again.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is Apple, but I think they took a page out Unix lawsuit guide, "Sue everything in sight just to try and make a quick buck." Android is based off of Linux, which is free and open source. Unix tried to sue Linux, but they failed to remember that they signed the GPL agreement that prevented them from being able to do it successfully. Apple is trying to do the same thing to try and monopolize the market. Did they forget about the laws that make a monopoly illegal? I think they did. I'm now regretting ever getting that ipod touch a few years ago. I want to take it to their corporate head quarters, and smash it when a hammer just to vent some steam, cause I doubt they will give a damn since they already got my money.

If only I could go there and speak with the CEO and even Steve Jobs, to discuss and hopefully get them to stop this. It's getting way out of hand.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is enough to make me forget about using my Ipod Touch ever again.
I think I will give it to some random on the street.

Nimbus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dimensional said:
I know this is Apple, but I think they took a page out Unix lawsuit guide, "Sue everything in sight just to try and make a quick buck." Android is based off of Linux, which is free and open source. Unix tried to sue Linux, but they failed to remember that they signed the GPL agreement that prevented them from being able to do it successfully. Apple is trying to do the same thing to try and monopolize the market. Did they forget about the laws that make a monopoly illegal? I think they did. I'm now regretting ever getting that ipod touch a few years ago. I want to take it to their corporate head quarters, and smash it when a hammer just to vent some steam, cause I doubt they will give a damn since they already got my money.

If only I could go there and speak with the CEO and even Steve Jobs, to discuss and hopefully get them to stop this. It's getting way out of hand.

Yes, and just like SCO failed against Linux. Apple will fail against Google and Android.

I lol'd....society, and businesses really haven't learned from the past, have they!?

So, in that case, until they do learn, may they be forever damned to repeat the failures and mistakes of the past.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Apple only sues to get money. That is all.
It's not just that. There are always two reasons a company does stuff like this. The money AND the power. Music companies would be making more money if they made file sharing be a paid for service, where they get a large piece of the action. But they still take out these things because they want to be the only ones who have the power to distribute music. This is the same with apple. It is just trying to be the big dog and bark at everything that could compete. They can't bark at Microsoft directly, since Gates has stock on Apple, but they will do anything. It's just like what Unix tried to do before. If this case was to go in Apple's favor, then the justice system is dead and we have lost our rights of innovation, creation, and a free market.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Man, This isn't right. This is saying, for example, I worked at McDonalds, then later, I ran a successful Fast-Food Chain, and Apparently, McDonalds has intellectual rights to my Fast-Food Chain. Andriod is not iOS. iOS isn't Android. They don't use the same code.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
wait, wut?
Next Step: Apple sues the world because they are human, therefore, that gives them the right to sue us because we are humans too.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple's doing it finally. They know they can't win, so they're playing every dirty trick they can to try and just kill Android. And watch the shitty US government LET THEM by being BOUGHT OUT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.