Apparent Bombs Detonated at the Boston Marathon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i guess kim jong-un wasn´t joking!!!
but serious:maybe some terrorist or some idiots causing panic, no need to be alarmed

edit: there are dead people and injuried too, so... be alarmed guys.

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could a mod change the title to "Two Explosions at the Boston Marathon..." ?
No indication that they were bombs yet...

Nevermind...
seems they were bombs...

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd guess that this isn't a terrorist attack, if only because I think a terrorist group would want to attack something more, for lack of a better word, prominent. A marathon seems like a low key target.

Whatever the case is, I can only hope the best for the victims and their family. Hopefully we find who's responsible soon enough.

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is genuinely scary stuff going on, who else thinks this might be crazed unabomber-style domestic terrorism?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is genuinely scary stuff going on, who else thinks this might be crazed unabomber-style domestic terrorism?

This is scary and horrifying stuff, I get that, but we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions. The last thing we need is blind panic and paranoia. (After all, if this was some act of terrorism, that's exactly the reaction those responsible would want.)

I guarantee you that the Boston police department (with help from the federal government, I'm sure) are doing everything they can to find out exactly who's responsible for this. Until then, we shouldn't jump to any hasty conclusions.

Calm and patience are what we need to stress right now.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And we went from 0 to racist in record time. Always a pleasure, Dickfour.

Now, if we could focus on the victims at hand instead of idiotic diatribes, that'd be lovely.

Wait, you mean people can actually focus on anything but diatribes...on the internet? Surely you jest!

But in all seriousness, this is indeed disheartening that we have domestic terrorism. I hope they catch the person (or people) responsible and that they get what they deserve; an ignominious death.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is scary and horrifying stuff, I get that, but we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions. The last thing we need is blind panic and paranoia. (After all, if this was some act of terrorism, that's exactly the reaction those responsible would want.)

I guarantee you that the Boston police department (with help from the federal government, I'm sure) are doing everything they can to find out exactly who's responsible for this. Until then, we shouldn't jump to any hasty conclusions.

Calm and patience are what we need to stress right now.
I agree - terrorists are called terrorists because their aim is to... terrorize, of course. Don't give them what they want and wait until the investigation brings the answers, people.

Reactions: Castiel

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, to all those who expected anything intelligent and or non-racist from dickfour the joke is on you. But to those people who were affected this is tragic.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Oddly enough, just last night, I started reading a book called The Dynamite Club. It's all about the rise of anarchy at the end of the 19th century, the assassinations that resulted from it, and the idea that the only way to truly demonstrate what it means to be an anarchist is to spread "propaganda by the deed." These deeds tended to be committed in the fashion of ignited bombs, generally dynamite as it was easy to make, with the idea that some innocents may have to die in order for anarchy to move forward.

This is far too reflective of those times for my taste. Of course, anarchy is the root of modern terrorism, so drawing parallels isn't exceptionally hard. It's just ridiculous how on par this is with how terrorism was committed in the late nineteenth century and into the early twentieth century.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there was an explosion in the Boston JFK library too....D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users