• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
↑ this. Plus, 0x5F is the ID. In your case, It's the 05 at the end of that line
I read the post, so I knew it wasn't the stats, but I couldn't figure out why my cats weren't showing up the same as yours. It has me puzzled, since you said all the cats you had shared the same numbers there. Mine are all showing those three bytes. It's weird.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the post, so I knew it wasn't the stats, but I couldn't figure out why my cats weren't showing up the same as yours. It has me puzzled, since you said all the cats you had shared the same numbers there. Mine are all showing those three bytes. It's weird.
Since it had no visible effect, I suspected it was some form of control in the game. Sanity checks/checksums/RNGs were out since we can edit palicos and only the RNG values are used as such. I tried to word it so as to imply that when comparing two hired cats, the values in the memory locations would match, not necessarily match my palico's values (I know better than to assume that on something trade-able in a game when each is supposed to be unique and have a unique 'owner'/etc.).

Unless it's pure coincidence, I suspect the E0 byte that the same in those sequences of 4 bytes between out two palicos is what lets you edit the message/marks the palico as yours (as DLC palicos have 00 in that byte and cannot have their message edited) though there may be other flags that control that

Last edited by iSharingan,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you know which item is missing?
I had removed Tanzia Chips from the list because they had the same effect as Yukumo Eggs. I simply removed the duplicate scrap and added the chips back in where it was previously.

There are actually tons of items missing. Mostly they're dummy items and supply/account items that are useless with the way they get removed from your pouch on quest start. Other than that, the only things really missing are the poisoned/tinged/etc. meats and decorations. If you need decorations, pick up something like Paintballs that has a 99 item cap in the bag and use that as an empty slot when crafting (you can put it back after setting the gem in your armor/talisman/etc.)
hmm btw do you know if there is a possibility to download jpn dlc's ? and import them to our save data?

or do we really need dasding ;.; ?
not sure :/ I do know that item lists includes all DLC items that were not dummied out (whether released DLC or not). I must say there were very few dummies compared to 4U, as well, so that's kinda nice that they didn't cut all that much this go round.

Last edited by iSharingan,

Candy324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
was more for challenging content as mh4u was way more challenging than what mhgen is... stupid game which is meant for casuals

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible - considering there would only be 255 different palico slots with just the 0x5F ID value.
Yeah. And ID numbers wouldn't be physically viewable, so at first glance, it would seem as if they did nothing if you changed them.

I've been looking around in the system file, but I have no idea what I'm looking for/at so I don't know how to find palico stats, haha. It would help if we knew what the palico stats were by default. Defense is 1, I know that much, but what is attack...? Since you can't unequip weapons and since there's two different attack stats, it's a bit difficult to figure out.

Would it be easier to edit DLC items instead of palicoes?

Kotodama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question guys. So i completed the key quests and unlocked my HR. To which I then wanted to get most of the awards. So i used the Quest Completer. This completed most of the village quests however they are stopped at about 80-86% completion. And all the quests and village requests are completed. I have been doing random quests now and then to see if I just needed to cycle npcs.

Anyone know what I am missing?

When I check the awards I do not have the "all quests for _____ village completed" award. So i think I need to talk to an npc that unlocks it and then do a gathering quest. (which worked before) however the no one has appeared.

Mcloving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question guys. So i completed the key quests and unlocked my HR. To which I then wanted to get most of the awards. So i used the Quest Completer. This completed most of the village quests however they are stopped at about 80-86% completion. And all the quests and village requests are completed. I have been doing random quests now and then to see if I just needed to cycle npcs.

Anyone know what I am missing?

When I check the awards I do not have the "all quests for _____ village completed" award. So i think I need to talk to an npc that unlocks it and then do a gathering quest. (which worked before) however the no one has appeared.

Hey Kotodama and everyone on this board, where can I find the Quester completer please? I have tried looking for it but I cannot seem to find it. I've also looked at the save editor but I can't seem to find this option

Can some one tell me where I can find it please?

Mcloving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's under the extra tool section. I'd advise you to not use it.

Hey APM, I was just interested in testing it. On the save editor under the tool tab, All I can see is the option to unlock armor/weapons/slots. I do not see a unlock quest option.

Also is it really unstable at the moment or is it not working 100%? Would it cause me not to be able to complete it 100%?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not intending on using it, but now that you've said it, I must know why you advise people to not use it.
It's not really a working quest completer, it's just a tool that sets all flags in the quest flags to complete I guess?

Also it does some funny stuff like not allowing you to unlock quests that you haven't already unlocked because they're completed.

Hey APM, I was just interested in testing it. On the save editor under the tool tab, All I can see is the option to unlock armor/weapons/slots. I do not see a unlock quest option.

Also is it really unstable at the moment or is it not working 100%? Would it cause me not to be able to complete it 100%?
It's in the first post not in the editor.

Last edited by APM,

Mcloving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not really a working quest completer, it's just a tool that sets all flags in the quest flags to complete I guess?

Also it does some funny stuff like not allowing you to unlock quests that you haven't already unlocked because they're completed.

Ah ok but out of interest where can I find it please? All I can see is the option to unlock armor/weapons/slots. I do not see a unlock quest option.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok but out of interest where can I find it please? All I can see is the option to unlock armor/weapons/slots. I do not see a unlock quest option.
First post under extra tools spoiler. It doesn't unlock quests, it just sets it to complete. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz