• Views 1,299,973
  • Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this probably isn't the place to ask, but I want to know: is Elemental Attack Up, Megaflare and the thunder-variant of the latter any good?

So I'll be on topic:
isharingan:

In the save data (system file,) precisely what is at offset 0006560? It shows one of my palicoes there...and two others follow it. I thought it was my active cats, but it's still the same even though I've changed.

Candy324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quest completer.

As someone who used that tool . I like to mess with stuff regardless anyway.

what I can say is that, awards won't be granted it simple gives you the check markers. "What does this mean?" it means. for get the awards you still need to do your remaining quests which you didn't do beforehand.

so if i did it long time ago, how can i check what i did and what i didn't?

make an excel sheet or something else.

and do all the quests again, remove them yourself. p.s. you proly completed key quests by your own.

So you can do it if you want, as you unlock all HA's or atleast most of them some requires Arena etc, but yeah the choice is up to yours.

I'm happy with it, as i'll be doing all quests again (I used it when I only lacked HR 7) had 1-6 100% complete beforehand so I don't really care much. going through whole hr 7 shouldn't be an issue only 63 quests.

Cursed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First post under extra tools spoiler. It doesn't unlock quests, it just sets it to complete. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Hey, Not sure where to post this, but i cant get the save editor to work, so i was wonderring if anyone could just help me by making and trading a palico to me. I am looking for an assist palico with poison trap, retreat, big boomerang, pierce boomerange, herb horn. and the skills boomerang pro, ear plugs, stun, paralize,tremor. preferaably black with bushy tail.

Knitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Not sure where to post this, but i cant get the save editor to work, so i was wonderring if anyone could just help me by making and trading a palico to me. I am looking for an assist palico with poison trap, retreat, big boomerang, pierce boomerange, herb horn. and the skills boomerang pro, ear plugs, stun, paralize,tremor. preferaably black with bushy tail.

I'll make it if you paypal me $10 or 1350RP so I can buy Arcade Ahri xD

jk, literally go to PAGE 1, the FIRST post which is numbered #1 (who wouldve known :D), and you scroll down to the Extra Tools caption IN the first post ;D

RaccoonRocket

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone provide a Template of some-sort? id like to edit my save game data but its just not working, If its possible for anyone to provide their game data that i could just edit would really help out! Thanks!

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an illegal palico. Even if you did hack it, you couldn't use any support skills. That's why you need tools like Palico Checker and Palico Generator to make sure they're "legitimate" enough to fool the game.

Can someone provide a Template of some-sort? id like to edit my save game data but its just not working, If its possible for anyone to provide their game data that i could just edit would really help out! Thanks!
If you provided some info on how it's not working, we might could help you to get it to work. :)

RaccoonRocket

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an illegal palico. Even if you did hack it, you couldn't use any support skills. That's why you need tools like Palico Checker and Palico Generator to make sure they're "legitimate" enough to fool the game.

If you provided some info on how it's not working, we might could help you to get it to work. :)
Thanks for the response! Well im having a issue with finding my save game to edit, i tried making a brand new one but that wont work, im not sure where the save game for generations stored at exactly

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response! Well im having a issue with finding my save game to edit, i tried making a brand new one but that wont work, im not sure where the save game for generations stored at exactly
I don't see any reason why you should be having problems finding it, when the instructions on the first post of this topic are quite clear?

RaccoonRocket

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see any reason why you should be having problems finding it, when the instructions on the first post of this topic are quite clear?
Aaah, so i have found where it is, ive been trying really hard to edit but everytime i use my save the editor crashes...if anyone has a save game they can PM/lend me to test out that would be greatly appreciated

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also i am getting a weird Red screen when trying to export saves from JK manager after selecting MHGen

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this probably isn't the place to ask, but I want to know: is Elemental Attack Up, Megaflare and the thunder-variant of the latter any good?

So I'll be on topic:
isharingan:

In the save data (system file,) precisely what is at offset 0006560? It shows one of my palicoes there...and two others follow it. I thought it was my active cats, but it's still the same even though I've changed.
I havent doen much with hex editing the system file itself. I'll give it a look, though and see if I cant figur eit out (that is unless someone like @APM doesnt know/recognize the offset already)

Also i am getting a weird Red screen when trying to export saves from JK manager after selecting MHGen
try using this instead
if that doesn't work try some of the other solutions mentioned a few pages just before and after the post linked there, or ask in that thread.

RaccoonRocket

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright i have figured how to get everything in game, only issue is when i launch it and it starts to load the game freezes when loading for the first time,, anyone else know how to fix this issue? i am so close! Just need a little bit of help, thanks for helping me guys!

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if anyone has a save game they can PM/lend me to test out that would be greatly appreciated
If you can't get your own save to work, it's not going to help for us to give you one.

Alright i have figured how to get everything in game, only issue is when i launch it and it starts to load the game freezes when loading for the first time,, anyone else know how to fix this issue? i am so close! Just need a little bit of help, thanks for helping me guys!
What precisely did you edit?

Cursed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know it's got to many of the big moves. Obviously i can teach it one move and one skill. I just put it in and the only move of have to teach is pierce boom

Last edited by Cursed,

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's got to many of the big moves. Obviously i can teach it one move and one skill, if that's the problem. I can't use the checker cause i can't load a save in the editor
The Palico generator can show you different combinations of skills. Just play around with it until you get as many of the skills that you want as possible. No save editing required--it doesn't actually generate a palico. Just helps you to plan one that's legitimate enough to fool the game.

Why can't you load a save in the editor? Does it give you an error?

Candy324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know it's got to many of the big moves. Obviously i can teach it one move and one skill. I just put it in and the only move of have to teach is pierce boom

i dont think you understand the issue...

the game has a "skill checker" as in, there are "rules"to follow on how a cat should be like.

you must do certain combos with abilities, you can't just use them randomly.

if you follow the rules the cat will be treated as "legit cat" and hence function

but if you have random skill set up the game will treat it as "illegal cat" and the cat will be rendered useless.

Cursed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think you understand the issue...

the game has a "skill checker" as in, there are "rules"to follow on how a cat should be like.

you must do certain combos with abilities, you can't just use them randomly.

if you follow the rules the cat will be treated as "legit cat" and hence function

but if you have random skill set up the game will treat it as "illegal cat" and the cat will be rendered useless.
I'm looking at the generator now. use the 000D action and 0508 Skill RNG on a support cat. then change the second skill to retreat and the 5th to big boom. you can even get ultrasonic horn and dung bomb on the actions. then skills would be starting at 3: omni res, stun, para, tremor, boom pro. That means i just need to train pierce boom and ear plugs. I would gladly trade some RP for a palico like this. Oh! and if you could name it "Cursed" That would be great.

Last edited by Cursed,

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at the generator now. use the 000D action and 0508 Skill RNG on a support cat. then change the second skill to retreat and the 5th to big boom. you can even get ultrasonic horn and dung bomb on the actions. then skills would be starting at 3: omni res, stun, para, tremor, boom pro. That means i just need to train pierce boom and ear plugs. I would gladly trade some RP for a palico like this.
Why can't you do it yourself? It's not too hard if you have the tools.

Cursed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't you do it yourself? It's not too hard if you have the tools.
i cant install the stupid homebrew thing. my New 3DS only has 4 working entry points and the one i have access to is closed since i updated my smash bros. Since i dont really want to cheat and just want a palico that has the skills i require, its entirely too much effort when the guide says its also not a permanent solution. Why not just ask someone who could fix my problem with 3 minutes of work to do it.

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant install the stupid homebrew thing. my New 3DS only has 4 working entry points and the one i have access to is closed since i updated my smash bros. Since i dont really want to cheat and just want a palico that has the skills i require, its entirely too much effort when the guide says its also not a permanent solution. Why not just ask someone who could fix my problem with 3 minutes of work to do it.
Access to the browser hack is all you need, even if you have 11.0.0. That's how I did it. No custom firmware or downgrading required.

Cursed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Access to the browser hack is all you need, even if you have 11.0.0. That's how I did it. No custom firmware or downgrading required.
ill give it a shot, but Id much rather just trade for it.
I just read most of that guide and it doesnt make any sense... Can someone please just help me?

Last edited by Cursed,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok