• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The editor only writes to certain offsets of the save. So lets say zenny is at save offset + 0x147A, it can only write to that offset
Oh good. I just misinterpreted. I though you were saying that the editor was incapable of ever reading/writing them (not just that you hadn't made it do so), even if you made it do so. I still suspect another editor/unlocker/completer is what's triggering the issue.

Knitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found the offsets for the Shout Outs? I'm trying to customize my shoutouts in game with the proper accents (ö, ä, ø, etc...), also this bypasses the filtering cause my cats swear in their greetings xD
I already know NA 3DS can support the characters cause it has the same language packs as the EU ones but Nintendon't allow us to use them; NA systems are restricted to English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese even though Russian, German, and Latin characters are fully supported :c

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found the offsets for the Shout Outs? I'm trying to customize my shoutouts in game with the proper accents (ö, ä, ø, etc...), also this bypasses the filtering cause my cats swear in their greetings xD
I already know NA 3DS can support the characters cause it has the same language packs as the EU ones but Nintendon't allow us to use them; NA systems are restricted to English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese even though Russian, German, and Latin characters are fully supported :c
https://github.com/svanheulen/mhff/wiki/MHGen-system-Format Here you go

I'll try to add a shoutout editor or w/e if anyone wants it this weekend. Pretty busy IRL, so I won't be able to add anything till weekends.

Last edited by APM,

PureFury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent editor dude! What I'm really looking foward to now though, is that guild card editor, seems like an awesome feature for this! Again, awesome work.

ZonEnder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. If you want to import it, click save (after you have made a back up copy of the save somewhere), then drag it back into the sd card then import it using a save manager

I think there's a guide under the FAQs. Just skip the OoThax part.
FAQ page could you link me I dont think Im looking in the right place

throwawaylupe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi @APM! Thank you for all the work you've done so far. It's really helping me keep up with my friends who have a lot more free time than I do.
Got one issue at the moment: I can't seem to get the awards called "Bherna Village Moofahbell", "Kokoto Cherry Sapling", "Pokke Welkin Stone" and "Felune Daruma Doll".
These are the ones you get for clearing all the villager requests of that village, and clearing all quests with that village's mark.
I used the quest completer after reaching HR80 and unlocking all the quests. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by throwawaylupe,

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhh I wouldnt use the quest completer ever tbh. Anyways I think you can edit the equipments in manually. I just don't have the IDs

throwawaylupe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh yeah, it's not for the equipment. Just to make the achievements in the guild card seem more legit. Guess I'll have to wait for the Guild Card editor :3

Bummed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone has a clean HR 7 I'd appreciate it, I wont use the name or anything, or even a current HR where the game has it all and is running smooth. I'd appreciate a copy, I had to buy a new DS, mine was stolen.

Vithimiris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q: Is this for Monster Hunter X or Monster Hunter Generations?
A: This is a save editing tool for both Monster Hunter X and Monster Hunter Generations.

Q: How do I access HomeBrew on 11.0??
A: https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-13#post-6534055

Q: Which save managers can I use if I don't have a CFW?
A: Either use MHGSV (Built specifically for Monster Hunter Gen) or JK's SaveManager. Both are written by @JK_

Q: Why does palico skills keep resetting once I select them?
A: Game has it's own checks in place which doesn't allow you to do anything too extreme
Here's some rules translated by @Etesy
https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-21#post-6536347
Here's an example of a Palico: https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-27#post-6537880

Q: What's an item list?
A: A .txt that has item IDs separated by a comma, for example:
http://puu.sh/q3ftZ/57c104696e.txt
http://puu.sh/q3NN4/94a7266c48.txt

Q: How do I edit my other 2 characters?
A: Menu -> Switch Player

Q: I can't upgrade my equipment even though I have 99x of them in my item box!
A: Press X in your item box to sort items. If that doesn't work, put required items from your item box into your inventory, then upgrade them. Also make sure you have enough spaces for scrap in your item box.
If you're upgrading Deviant gear make sure you have enough scraps!

Q: I can't make DLC palico items!!!
A: Take the main item (for example sf coin) to a harvest tour, talk to the Transpurrter (The cat next to the barrel that sends items to your box) and send your sf coin, then complete the quest

Q: I can't make prime deviant scrap palico gear (eg. Silverwind S Helmet)!!
A: Use the transpurrtor method to transport the Deviant Hunter I - X tickets.

Q: When I load palico that I have imported, my game crashes!
A: It's crashing because it does not have a weapon equipped. Make an equipment set, and equip it onto the new imported palico. Credits to @JamesyPoo for finding this work around.

Q: I get the message "This palico is active and cannot be selected" when I try to select an imported palcio, how do I fix this?
A: Set the problem palico into training, then go on a quest, complete it. Credits to @hpprinter for the work around.

Q: How do I export my palico to a .catz file?
A: Open a palico with the palico editor by double clicking on it's name in the palico tab, then click export

So I have taken the liberty of posting the FAQ. I have read it thrice over and my question still hasn't been answered so now I am asking.

Using the editor. I went over to the equipment box section and I put the ID's in for the Zero Suit Equipment. I put the ID's in for them respectively. Since you can only key in the ID and then 3 Decorations followed by the Level and the slot (Head, Legs, Waist, etc etc.)

So I followed the armor as it follows and here is what I did.

Head - 724
Chest - 724
Arms - 724
Legs - 724

This comes to the Zero Suit Samus attire, which is what I wanted. The problem is that the armor shows up and mind you I put it in box 3 so it wouldn't get mixed in with my other armors. It shows up, but every stat window on the armor is blank. I can't equip it either I am not sure however if you can put normal equipment in your inventory as items and then put those items into the transpurrter. Didn't want to risk my game save so I didn't do it. Anyone got a solution.

Also I did one more test and I tried it with the weapon. The weapon works just fine. It came out perfectly. Just not sure why the Zero Suit won't come in.

Last edited by Vithimiris,

ASura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Q: Is this for Monster Hunter X or Monster Hunter Generations?
A: This is a save editing tool for both Monster Hunter X and Monster Hunter Generations.

Q: How do I access HomeBrew on 11.0??
A: https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-13#post-6534055

Q: Which save managers can I use if I don't have a CFW?
A: Either use MHGSV (Built specifically for Monster Hunter Gen) or JK's SaveManager. Both are written by @JK_

Q: Why does palico skills keep resetting once I select them?
A: Game has it's own checks in place which doesn't allow you to do anything too extreme
Here's some rules translated by @Etesy
https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-21#post-6536347
Here's an example of a Palico: https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-27#post-6537880

Q: What's an item list?
A: A .txt that has item IDs separated by a comma, for example:
http://puu.sh/q3ftZ/57c104696e.txt
http://puu.sh/q3NN4/94a7266c48.txt

Q: How do I edit my other 2 characters?
A: Menu -> Switch Player

Q: I can't upgrade my equipment even though I have 99x of them in my item box!
A: Press X in your item box to sort items. If that doesn't work, put required items from your item box into your inventory, then upgrade them. Also make sure you have enough spaces for scrap in your item box.
If you're upgrading Deviant gear make sure you have enough scraps!

Q: I can't make DLC palico items!!!
A: Take the main item (for example sf coin) to a harvest tour, talk to the Transpurrter (The cat next to the barrel that sends items to your box) and send your sf coin, then complete the quest

Q: I can't make prime deviant scrap palico gear (eg. Silverwind S Helmet)!!
A: Use the transpurrtor method to transport the Deviant Hunter I - X tickets.

Q: When I load palico that I have imported, my game crashes!
A: It's crashing because it does not have a weapon equipped. Make an equipment set, and equip it onto the new imported palico. Credits to @JamesyPoo for finding this work around.

Q: I get the message "This palico is active and cannot be selected" when I try to select an imported palcio, how do I fix this?
A: Set the problem palico into training, then go on a quest, complete it. Credits to @hpprinter for the work around.

Q: How do I export my palico to a .catz file?
A: Open a palico with the palico editor by double clicking on it's name in the palico tab, then click export

So I have taken the liberty of posting the FAQ. I have read it thrice over and my question still hasn't been answered so now I am asking.

Using the editor. I went over to the equipment box section and I put the ID's in for the Zero Suit Equipment. I put the ID's in for them respectively. Since you can only key in the ID and then 3 Decorations followed by the Level and the slot (Head, Legs, Waist, etc etc.)

So I followed the armor as it follows and here is what I did.

Head - 724
Chest - 724
Arms - 724
Legs - 724

This comes to the Zero Suit Samus attire, which is what I wanted. The problem is that the armor shows up and mind you I put it in box 3 so it wouldn't get mixed in with my other armors. It shows up, but every stat window on the armor is blank. I can't equip it either I am not sure however if you can put normal equipment in your inventory as items and then put those items into the transpurrter. Didn't want to risk my game save so I didn't do it. Anyone got a solution.

Also I did one more test and I tried it with the weapon. The weapon works just fine. It came out perfectly. Just not sure why the Zero Suit won't come in.

man you're a little bit too much..

you should prob check kirinico see what level the armor can be upgraded too. once you put it in your equipment box, make sure its atleast level one? or you know to save yourself some trouble put it to the level of its final upgrade.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

man you're a little bit too much..

you should prob check kirinico see what level the armor can be upgraded too. once you put it in your equipment box, make sure its atleast level one? or you know to save yourself some trouble put it to the level of its final upgrade.

alsooooooo you said zero suit samus.. your character is female right?

Vithimiris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. My character is female, I know who Samus is. Lol. I'm just saying I went through the FAQ so people wouldn't go "Go read the FAQ."

Kagoranda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey APM.

Thanks for all the work with this. It's been working flawlessly for me now for quite a while, once I figured out the Palico thing. Even with the FAQ it takes a little bit of practice.

Any chance revealing all of the combination crafts is an easy thing? Obviously this doesn't actually "unlock" anything, but for an easy of access it's always been something that's been nice. If it's a pain, or you're too busy, don't worry about it, but I hadn't seen a request for that yet, so I thought I'd toss it out.

Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY