• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive tried with multiple weapon types. I get really close but can't get the kill on Nakarkos. Yesterday I was aerial DB and he was red sparking the entire the last 10 minutes. All my fights against have lasted till the 50th minute. Trying to break his arms so I can pretty much topple him over to expose his belly <-- my strategy.
Dont tell me you're doing it solo... Guild quests allow multiplayer for a reason...

also bring healing items like Max potions and the ingredients to craft more, if you don't already. Kinda sucks it needs all 5 combo books to guarantee crafting more on the fly, but I've found ways to make it work. Though I stopped needing them back in MH4U, I've found an extra 5 max potions can make a world of difference in situations like yours - though learning the monster's attack pattern/not getting hit can help just as much (ofc that takes time)

Last edited by iSharingan,

Mystletaynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive tried with multiple weapon types. I get really close but can't get the kill on Nakarkos. Yesterday I was aerial DB and he was red sparking the entire the last 10 minutes. All my fights against have lasted till the 50th minute. Trying to break his arms so I can pretty much topple him over to expose his belly <-- my strategy.
Dont tell me you're doing it solo... Guild quests allow multiplayer for a reason...

Even so they are still doable solo, it only doubles the HP of the monster and you can still get really low kill times with 4 person squads. Your strategy is fine as Nakarkos's soft spots have like 70% hitzones while his more armored areas have as low as 15%, but during times when you can't topple him, aim for the dragon heads, those are the next highest damage spots.

Are you running a good armor setup? Having good armor skills help immensely.

Try using Athena's ASS. It will help find an armor set with some good skills.

This post is very useful, remember that armor skills can make fights much easier and faster. High damage skills such as Attack Up (L), Chain Crit (very useful on multi-hit weapons like DB), Weakness Exploit, Critical Eye, and Crit Boost (if running an affinity set) will help you do a lot more.

Vyst12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you running a good armor setup? Having good armor skills help immensely.

Try using Athena's ASS. It will help find an armor set with some good skills.

Running Toka Kabuto/Black Belt Mail S/Toka Kote/Toka Koshiate/Toka Gusoku (head/chest/arm/waist/legs), gemmed in both Chain Crit and Crit Element. Yesterday my weapon was the Estatic Blades (made from Nakarkos parts).

On the other hand, I have fully upgraded White gale nargacuga blade master and gunner armor.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sets with Weakness exploit don't work on Nakarkos since his parts on his arms just grow back :(

dope92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im not having that much time to play sadly. i just wanna have some fun :)

busy life. I know that feel.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yo I jst started the Narkarkos run, dropped in and instant abandoned.

Page 2-1: Bone Dragon' Pit from Yoshi's Story called. They want to find out where you got your steroids.

Mystletaynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running Toka Kabuto/Black Belt Mail S/Toka Kote/Toka Koshiate/Toka Gusoku (head/chest/arm/waist/legs), gemmed in both Chain Crit and Crit Element. Yesterday my weapon was the Estatic Blades (made from Nakarkos parts).

On the other hand, I have fully upgraded White gale nargacuga blade master and gunner armor.

Sets with Weakness exploit don't work on Nakarkos since his parts on his arms just grow back :(

I was going to recommend Alatreon weapons because it's generally an all-around superior Dragon-element weapon to the Astral weapons but Alatreon DBs apparently don't exist, whoops. Your Silverwind armor is definitely superior to the Toka armor, Crit Element is not a very good skill because it only increases element damage on critical hits, and Ecstatic Gemini has very low Dragon element.

If you want to go the element/crit route, I would recommend the Doomfang Envoys (fully upgraded Deviljho, go to the Consummate Pair line when it becomes available in the upgrades for Wrath and Rancor) with your Silverwind armor, or you can even go a heavy raw damage route with the Akantor Shadow Claws (use an armor with Blunt Edge and Mind's Eye skills), but that's a great general set and probably worse for Nakarkos who has strong raw defense.

draco80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
out of topic question is it possible to give someone with gateshark or cheat plugins to apply cheats to my save then guve it back to me to use?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mystletaynn, I'm not really sure how the level thing works. If you're trying to upgrade the deviant weapons, make sure you have enough scraps.

@APM
Dumped the equipment IDs in the attached .rar below.

The armor.txt isn't complete though.
And I haven't fully tested all the IDs but so far they seem to check out fine.
There's also the Palico Weapon & Armor IDs but I'm not sure if you'll be adding that, and I've not tested it.

How it works:
Hex ID || Name || Max Level Name

I assume the max level name uses the same hex id but with a different level ID?

Edit: Opps forgot some IDs.
Holy crap amazing work. I'll add it to the editor soon as possible

Mystletaynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I thought it was just materials at first because that's how other equipment did, but apparently these required scraps specifically.

Also, have you figured out anything that might point to how skills are added to talismans? All the editor can currently do is add blank ones.

tobias89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sorry guys, I've got a question here. Hopefully its not been repeated.

I have 2 devices (both "old" 3DS XL). One's modded (recently, running LUNA and A9LH), and the other isn't. Unfortunately my MH Generations is played on the unmodded unit. Is it possible to somehow extract the save data on the modded unit? If so, how?

I did try to just install the mod files onto the sd card from the unmodded unit, load it into the modded unit and install+run jksm but it didnt work.

Also, I know JKSM works with the local save data that I did a test on.

In a way, i guess this is similar to @draco80's question about "giving" the edited save data from one account/device to another.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I thought it was just materials at first because that's how other equipment did, but apparently these required scraps specifically.

Also, have you figured out anything that might point to how skills are added to talismans? All the editor can currently do is add blank ones.
You can export the .eqps and manuall hex edit them. Not 100% sure yet since there's 2 bytes that's unknown atm

Mystletaynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@APM
Dumped the equipment IDs in the attached .rar below.

The armor.txt isn't complete though.
And I haven't fully tested all the IDs but so far they seem to check out fine.
There's also the Palico Weapon & Armor IDs but I'm not sure if you'll be adding that, and I've not tested it.

How it works:
Hex ID || Name || Max Level Name

I assume the max level name uses the same hex id but with a different level ID?

Edit: Opps forgot some IDs.
Holy crap amazing work. I'll add it to the editor soon as possible

Oh, can you drop me a .zip file here? At work and I can't install WinZip without admin access on the network to open a .rar file, and I'd really like to look these over and make a list of what to add when I get home.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, can you drop me a .zip file here? At work and I can't install WinZip without admin access on the network to open a .rar file, and I'd really like to look these over and make a list of what to add when I get home.
Here you go:

@ukke equipment list in a .zip

Attachments

• MHX.zip
    33.7 KB · Views: 308
Reactions: Mystletaynn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    She saw the sign and it opened up her mind lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/iqu132vTl5Y?si=MZw4KpDtlawLZNEF