Hacking Ao no Kiseki Evolution - English patch?

Beastly-Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is hillarious... :lol:

I don't want to sound like an a** for saying this, but they've been working on each Trails in the Sky Evo patch for like a year each. I don't know how the pay is in your country, but I think even a programmer in a third world country would turn you down if you offered him 10€ for months of work. :rofl2:
I know well what you mean, but first of all, they did all that hard work (I'm not an expert so i don't know what exactly they did) and they have all my gratitude (i played the psp versions anyway, payed on the store), but i think they did because is a passion for them, i don't know if someone payed to them (like sadness city, geofront, romhacking ecc.., that they do all for free) and not because I ask for this, AFTER all that hard work, the LAST Kiseki game on Vita i think they can do it with the SAME process of Zero no Kiseki and the other ones, i don't think they have to translate the game, the patch already exist, the have """just"""" to transfer it from psp to Vita, if they teach how to do it, i try by myself (because have the whole trails saga and just ONE Crossbell saga on Vita it's sad), but i know that THEY are the expert and they need less time than ME

Grimm1398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well all the silliness aside im just surprised that nobody has attempted to patch the game, it being the last one to be done(ppl also say that its the best in the series) the amount of dialogue i can imagine can is massive But with such a dedicated fanbase would have thought ppl would have came together to get this done especially considering there is already a rough patch oh well I suppose The first four games is far better than none and i should be thankful that i can play the low res psp version ☺️

Beastly-Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Copying and pasting over the scripts won't work; The Vita's scripts are slightly different compared to the PSP version.
Why? there are few new quests and that's all, the rest of the script is the same and if they copy-past is ok anyway than have the game in jap, there is an English Evolution faq on gamefaqs so we can beat the game anyway :)

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? there are few new quests and that's all, the rest of the script is the same and if they copy-past is ok anyway than have the game in jap, there is an English Evolution faq on gamefaqs so we can beat the game anyway :)

The scripts for PSP are v1 and Vita uses v2. It's almost the same but they added new, unsupported things to the v2 scripts, which the translation tool can't handle.

It's not a simple copy and paste job. If it were, it would've been done long ago.

Beastly-Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The scripts for PSP are v1 and Vita uses v2. It's almost the same but they added new, unsupported things to the v2 scripts, which the translation tool can't handle.

It's not a simple copy and paste job. If it were, it would've been done long ago.
But i know that is not so simple and is required time for "fix" the patch, just i hope someone try to do it, because i think it was the same for the other ones too ^^

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Also the Vita script is differently structured and stored. It's just incompatible. It would be easier to do if flame! released his edit of Ao in plain text so someone could write a tool to insert it into Ao Evo. The reason why Zero Evo went so smoothly is because the Zero leak was available as plain text on a site at https://heroesoflegend.org. The old fan translation team made it available before Geofront took over in 2016.

Grimm1398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was not insinuating that psp script can just be drag dropped and copied i was just saying there are entire (rough) translations out there that can be used once its been edited and revised a bit. I appreciate that i can still play the psp version ( that’s currently what i an doing) also didnt know there would script differences drastic enough to consider a already present rough draft unviable. Oh well tho i most definitely dont have any programming skills wish i did i would try to put together a team of 3 with the like minded goal of getting this game done again i know these projects are massive tho and not done by more than 1-2 ppl from what im gathering

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Beastly-Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was not insinuating that psp script can just be drag dropped and copied i was just saying there are entire (rough) translations out there that can be used once its been edited and revised a bit. I appreciate that i can still play the psp version ( that’s currently what i an doing) also didnt know there would script differences drastic enough to consider a already present rough draft unviable. Oh well tho i most definitely dont have any programming skills wish i did i would try to put together a team of 3 with the like minded goal of getting this game done again i know these projects are massive tho and not done by more than 1-2 ppl from what im gathering

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
I agree with you, i think the same,
and i would like to do it by myself but i do not have skills...i just hope that someone do something, to see the entire trilogy on Vita, and the FIRST chapter of the Crossbell saga too, and only the last one outside, i kind of a sad thing.

PhantomBleublanc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, if I'm really desperate to play this in English, I should go for the PSP version?
The Crossbell arc duo was recently released in Japan on PS4... Wonder if they will get a Western release?

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Geofront release their script in plain text somewhere? I assume the same will happen when they finish Ao No Kiseki somewhere early 2021

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So basically, if I'm really desperate to play this in English, I should go for the PSP version?
The Crossbell arc duo was recently released in Japan on PS4... Wonder if they will get a Western release?

Well, I'm still hoping for the Evo remasters/remakes to be fan patched with Geofront's translations. The PS4 versions are pretty much inferior to any version before (even some misplaced textures - there's a wooden closet texture for instance where actually should be a brick wall XD). They also don't have the animated character portraits of the Evo versions and lack their improvements (like Evo's additional water and lighting shaders)

rainbowpool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hellooo people, just jumping in the hype train here.
Its insane that Geofronts Azure is out,, if the EVO patch would come out, it means all 7 trails games would be translated to english!!!!!!! FC,SC,3rd,Zero,Ao,CS1,CS2... we are almost there thank you to all the community!!

Reactions: PortableGuy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: