Gaming Anyway to test if my attempted Pandora battery works?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I got my battery open, and cut the pin with a craft knife. Some smoke came off, and I slipped and cut into the circuit board. It's not a deep scratch, but it does cross over one of the lines.

So I'm not 100% certain I've cut the pin, I could have just pressed it in, but it does look cut. And what of the circuit board, have I fucked everything up by scratching it?

I don't really want to put this into my PSP and attempt a CFW installation if it's not going to work/brick my PSP/go b00m.

Thanks.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only way to test is to pop it in your PSP along with a MMS. If you even manage to get to the CFW installation screen means its working. So just go ahead and flash.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ShatteredScreens said:
Well I got my battery open, and cut the pin with a craft knife. Some smoke came off, and I slipped and cut into the circuit board. It's not a deep scratch, but it does cross over one of the lines.

So I'm not 100% certain I've cut the pin, I could have just pressed it in, but it does look cut. And what of the circuit board, have I fucked everything up by scratching it?

I don't really want to put this into my PSP and attempt a CFW installation if it's not going to work/brick my PSP/go b00m.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that your battery is dead because of shortcut.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kamiyama said:
ShatteredScreens said:

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that your battery is dead because of shortcut.

Most likely but still couldnt hurt to try it.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
God damn it.

I've got another battery, but I don't want to open this one up.

I've heard you can install something on the PSP without having to CFW it, which allows you to softmod your battery, let you install a custom firmware than turn the battery back to normal. Are there any awesome tutorials for this? I seem to have bad look with tutorials, they make removing the pin on the circuit board look easy and then I go and almost blow it up!
tongue.gif

Edit: I'm getting a reading with a volt meter when I put it on the battery. Still alive perhaps?

azureowl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when hard modding my battery I went through the board when I was supposed to cut some line. Mine still worked.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
What psp have you got? when i softmodded my phat i used chickhen then launched hellcat's recovery flasher with a 5.00 update and flashed it to m33 5.00-4. Didn't need a pandora's battery and has already recovered me from a semi brick.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
What psp have you got? when i softmodded my phat i used chickhen then launched hellcat's recovery flasher with a 5.00 update and flashed it to m33 5.00-4. Didn't need a pandora's battery and has already recovered me from a semi brick.

R1C3 N1NJA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ Double post much?^^

ShatteredScreens said:
God damn it.

I've got another battery, but I don't want to open this one up.

I've heard you can install something on the PSP without having to CFW it, which allows you to softmod your battery, let you install a custom firmware than turn the battery back to normal. Are there any awesome tutorials for this? I seem to have bad look with tutorials, they make removing the pin on the circuit board look easy and then I go and almost blow it up!
tongue.gif

Edit: I'm getting a reading with a volt meter when I put it on the battery. Still alive perhaps?

Yeah(: but you neeed a psp with cfw already on it(: soo if you have a friend just ask him to turn your battery into pandora and then do the mod and turn it back into a normal battery(:

Anhmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way to test if your battery is still alive and actually works is just to put it into the PSP itself. If it's dead it wont do anything, but if it works the system should light up automatically.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember the first two times I did this. The first time I burned my hand. The second, I cut my index finger and thumb. Still, both batteries worked great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag