Anyway to fix a r4dsi microSD?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by DuskIzanagi, Feb 27, 2010.

1. DuskIzanagi
    OP

DuskIzanagi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2010
    United States
    Ok,this is the first time i post here,but I already got some info from here.

My problem is below:

I bought my DSLite 2 weeks ago,it came with a R4DSi and a 4GB Kingston MicroSD with some games.
    After a while,everytime i put the microsd on my computer i got the "do you want to fix Removable Disc(e:)?" message. I always did fixed,no problems there.
    But today, i put my SD on computer to transfer Professor Layton to it,then i got the message again,the "broken" files were sent to "FOUND000" folder. When i booted up again, the R4 menu was a mess of colors, nothing like my default winter theme. I played a litlle PL and then decided to try and fix my theme problem.
    When i put my SD back into the computer and try to acess it,the message "CANNOT ACESS DRIVE E: ACESS DENIED" showed up.I removed it(with the "remove with safety" button") and put it back in.

I looked for the FOUND000 folder. by opening it, explorer.exe froze and i needed to restart it.

Now,the only thing that shows on my Micro SD is "USBCÇ╗aƒ", an almost 2GB file with no extension. And I can't put anything on my R4 anymore.

I want to know if i can fix this ( i can't delete USBCÇ╗aƒ it shows a weird error message). I need to admit that I believe all my files and folders are lost,so if there is no way to fix it, I will probably need a guide and links to "reinstall" the R4 stuff on my SD.

Thanks in advance, Dusk.

2. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
  3. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    You should -always- use the Panasonic formatter when formatting microSD(HC) cards.

4. DuskIzanagi
    OP

DuskIzanagi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2010
    United States
    Ok, I'll try it